• 2759 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11157 Players Online
  • 8398 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplexer's best friend.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Cardyceps, Jan 14, 2020.

?

Do you like my idea?

1. Yes, this axolotl is soo cute

88.9%
  2. No, I liked another pet.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. All pets are bad, Mineplex is already busy so they mustn't bother creating any of them!

11.1%
  1. Everyone likes animals. Some people like dogs, some people like cats, but what is Mineplexer's best friend. This threat is another version of my old threads about pets. Sadly, no one even noticed any of them, but today I will start a new one. In this thread YOU are able to make a post about your pet idea. Make it as good as possible. If you liked someone's idea than make sure to leave a like. The pet with the most likes will win and if a group of very important moderators or admins will notice us then they might accept our idea. Another thing is that we should make the prices for custom pets lower or at least organize a short discount.
    I will start.
    As some of my friends might know, I am a crazy salamander fan. My idea is ...
    [​IMG]
    ... an axolotl!
    Axolotl or a "walking fish" is a salamander kind from Mexico. They are famous for their everlasting smile and their cuteness.
    The axolotl will have a price of 150 minecoins.
    It would be bigger than the actual axolotl as they grow up to 45 cm which is not enough.

Posted Jan 14, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 14, 2020
    xGetRektedx and isaac™ like this.
  2. They should add dogs first

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    TxmmanL3qend and Cardyceps like this.
  3. They already have corgi and a pug so I don't really understand you. Perhaps you want a certain breed?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2020
    isaac™ and tamman2005 like this.
  4. Hello!

I actually replied to your original thread about certain pet ideas, and what I said then is what I am standing by 100%. I love how determined you are to get more pets added.

However, as many people would be confused, just like me, on where and what platform these pets would be added to. Would it be a new marketplace package, in-game on Java, or in-game on bedrock. If this is for in-game, I would not agree to add any type of hard pets to implement for a solid reason. This reason being that Mineplex needs to avoid a required texture pack. Many players would have problems with it which would result in players leaving the server overall. So, unless a certain pet could be implemented without a problem from the Devs and that would not require a texture pack. I am fine with adding any pet in-game. However, I still would not agree to this idea because of how likely you would have to add a texture pack. Just like I said in my other reply to your original thread, these pets would be hard to manage and would create a problem throughout the server as a whole.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to disagree with your idea even though how cool this would seem. I love your determination here and would love to see it used in more of a different idea rather than this one. Anyways, will not be giving a suggestion of a pet because of the reasons I have mentioned. And will be giving this idea a -1.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  5. Oh nvm lol sorry I forgot about those ones xd

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    TxmmanL3qend and Cardyceps like this.
  6. Hello!

Pets are always a fun way to interact with other players in lobbies, or a great way to have a companion by your side just for fun, and I totally approve of adding more pets into the game, I'm just not sure if having 'custom' pets would work out too well.

"Building your own pet" essentially is what you are saying, and that would definitely require texture packs because it's not supposed to be a vanilla Minecraft animal if it's custom. Because of that, in order to see that pet, players would need to enable a texture pack in the lobby, which would not be the most enjoyable thing for a player to have to do in a lobby.

Due to that, I can't say I approve of custom pets specifically, but I do definitely think that if the opportunity arises, new pets would be awesome!

Thanks for suggesting and have a good day!

Edit: Thank you @Jaek for the clarification. I do still believe the texture pack dilemma stands if the mobs aren't vanilla, but I am interested to see what you guys come up with!

Posted Jan 14, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 14, 2020
    xGetRektedx, Jaek and Cardyceps like this.
  7. I...don't think you get the point. What he's saying is that WE here on the forums come up with pet ideas on this thread, not build your own pet in-game.

He started with the suggestion of an Axolotl, which would be cool to have but isn't gonna be able to happen on Java since it would require custom mobs, which doesn't exist. But for Bedrock, I think this would be a great pet. It's unique, cute, and I'm sure many 10 year olds would love to throw their money at Mineplex to get this cute digital pet :sigils_down:.

As for my idea for a pet, I'd love to see a "Silverfish Swarm Pet", where a swarm of about 8 silverfish follow you around, which I think would look very cool.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  8. I am back and I want to answer some questions.
    1) As you know, there is no such ability as adding custom pets on Java so the pet that will win will be available only on Bedrock.
    2) YOU can show us your custom pet idea. It can be ANYTHING. Starting from usual animals and ending with JoJo stands, game characters and those little bears from Star Wars.
    3) Mineplex already has custom pets like pug and corgi and I don't think that it is too hard to make something like those 2 pets. I heard people talking about pets that require texture packs, but aren't corgi and a pug counted as custom pets, are they?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Tilgorn like this.
  9. Hello everybody. I've just logged in my forum's account and was surprised to see that "In Discussion" was added to my thread's heading. I don't really know what it means, but that is not why I am returning to this thread again. Lets start from the fact that I noticed that no one is shearing with their pet ideas and that is why I am gonna remind you that YOU CAN OFFER YOUR OWN PET IDEAS. It can be anything, it doesn't have to be a real thing or an alive creature. You can offer anything and even a pet rock!
    I also got a new idea - pet feeding. So you can buy some food for your pet. You can get it by: opening a loot box, buying a portion of it for some emeralds, getting a new level or winning in a mini-game( there is a certain chance of getting it in a mini-game). You can use it to feed your pet and it will increase it's xp. This is not a usual type of level system, you do not need to get more food every time. It is simpler, when the xp bar is fully filled it drops back to zero and gives you some goods. It won't give you many gems, just 100 of them, it will also give you some of the usual level xp . This is fair to everyone because ranks do the same thing. You can use any pet you want, it doesn't matter if it is from vanilla Minecraft or if it is a customized one.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 16, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  10. Hey lads, I am back to remind to everyone that you can leave your feedback on this thread, please help this thread to survive! Of course you don't have to do it, but I just would like to hear some really cool ideas!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 17, 2020
  11. Today I would like to ask you if you like some of my ideas that I will write below:
    1) Ability to use your pet in Hunger Games by using a wolf master kit (I am sorry if it isn't the actual name)
    2) Give some unusual abilities to your pets. For example: giving you a jump boost if you have a slime or getting a reminding from creeper pet to collect the daily award?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 18, 2020
  12. Back to writing one post a day so that the thread didn't close and so that I didn't get points for necro posting! I would like to ask you lads if you think that it would be a good idea to add a new crate that will contain pets only!. It's name would be: Bizarre zoo. It would be about 15-20 thousand points. It isn't the most expensive one, is it? Another thing is that you can not win a customized pet or a donation pet that you can buy for some minecoins.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2020
  13. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Another day of trying to make my thread live longer, I won't gonna lie, I am out of ideas, but it doesn't mean that they will never strike my head. I have some small ideas like pet customization which would allow to change the colour of the pet and maybe change the model a little bit. This would cost about 70 minecoins and you would be able to buy it only after buying the actual pet, yes, I know that this sounds a bit unfair, but this is just a non- necessary cosmetic.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2020
  14. I'm not sure about this, the kit is called 'Wolf Master' not 'Ocelot / Widder / Guardian Master'. Plus, it'd take alot of development time for such a small and barely noticeable update to a game that isn't more important that any bug fixes / balances

I actually like the sound of this! Of course, it doesn't take development priority, so it'd be put to the bottom of the to-do list, but there are basically no negatives. If you make a separate thread dedicated to this idea, explaining how this wouldn't be the most important, then I'd be for it!

I disagree with this. The pets are only one of the many cosmetic types, and they aren't exactly the most used cosmetic. If you make a chest which only drops pets, you'd also have to make a chest for every other cosmetic, which completely devalues Illuminated chests (On Java, they give cosmetics you don't have already), so I don't see this working out.

I'm not going to lie, it hurts when one of my ideas are ignored / dismissed without much thought, but it's understandable. Especially for a thread like this.

What I mean by this is that this thread feels more like a dumpster of ideas for pets, rather than a collection of detailed, well-explained ideas relating to an interesting cosmetic type. My advice: Flesh each individual idea in a separate thread. Especially with the pets having perks idea. Elaborate on them, explain the advantages and disadvantages in a way that seems balanced, but also shows why your idea is clearly superior.

And personally, I think if a thread is destined to die, let it die. You're not going to post on this thread every day for the rest of your life. If people don't care enough, then they won't suddenly change their minds, brainwash the dev team and add these ideas. Making proper idea threads might let these ideas become a reality.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    ddgolfer04, Cardyceps and stinkiy like this.
  15. In-discussion is just the tag applied to threads that are still being discussed/ aren't denied or processed yet.
    I think having custom "dogs" you can replace the beastmaster dog with would be kinda cool, but maybe not specific pets. For example, having it be replaced with a pug or something if you have that unlocked. That way you still know it's a dog, but it's your companion/customized if you will. I don't know how that would work really, though. Having it change to a different animal type might be confusing, but at the same time, it would kind of fit the name. However, other animals besides wolves might have different size hitboxes and whatnot in order to make them work with the bedrock servers, so it might affect gameplay? Not sure how pets work in specifics.

Posted Jan 22, 2020