• 1862 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1862 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Miner kit is too OP, with nerf suggestions

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by bestjoedavena, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How is the ability to get full diamond almost guaranteed if you get 3 diamonds at the start of the game fair? We don't like xray hackers so why should miner have an xray ability? I even sometimes see 2 people with full diamond in some games and it's disgusting. I think some nerfs would be great to tone down the kit a bit. I'm for sure going to start abusing this class because it seems to be the only way to win. The ore scanner cooldown should be increased to 40-45 seconds instead of 30. Or maybe even remove the ore scanner ability and have a thing where you can break 2x2 or even 3x3 areas. The cooldown will depend on the type of pickaxe you have. If you have wood it's 70 seconds, stone 60 seconds, iron 50 seconds, diamond 40 seconds. The buff will last 5 seconds and the cooldown will not start until the buff is gone. Either way miners will likely not be able to get guaranteed full diamond every game and stomp everyone.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  2. Hello,

Unfortunately, I don't agree that miner needs a nerf.

The ability to get full diamond armor is reliant on whether or not you manage to find the 3 diamonds required to make the pick. If you don't find those diamonds towards the start of the match the chances of you managing to find the number of diamonds necessary to achieve full diamond slowly start to decrease. This means that it's not a 100% chance that you, a teammate, or an enemy will always get full diamond when using this kit. This also means that it's not completely overpowered as you aren't even guaranteed to find the diamonds required to truly take advantage of this kit.

Furthermore, once actual combat begins, Miner is more than often caught lacking. Full diamond armor will only get you so far in a game; especially when you don't have any combat-related abilities to help aid you in surviving long enough to win the game. The apple kit, for example, can easily poke out a full-diamond Miner and kill them relatively easily. Berserker can easily chase down or run from a miner when necessary. Archer could easily bow down a miner from a sky base and get the kill. There's a number of ways in which the benefits of Miner can be outweighed by the abilities coming from other kits.

It's also pretty easy to get full diamond, or close to it, without Miner. I've seen it done multiple times and have come close myself. Does Miner make it easier to get full-diamond? Absolutely, but there are so many different factors that contribute to whether or not you'll actually be able to achieve full-diamond that this kit just isn't as overpowered as it seems.

With all of that being said, I'm going to have to give this suggestion a -1.

Have a good day.
    defectuoso

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  3. Herro!

I don't think that Miner needs a nerf to be honest. The kit is meant so that you get full diamond before bridges, and that's about the extent of what it does. After bridges drop it doesn't do anything for you, as most other people will have full diamond armor by the endgame anyways. Miner is a unique kit and any nerf to it would feel like it would be fully unusable.

Overall, I don't think that miner needs a nerf, and so I will be giving this a -1.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  4. I have to agree with defectuoso and n8wes and say that I don't find the kit really overpowered. The rest of the Bridges kits help in some way during PvP or defense while the Miner kit's only perk is that you have slightly better armor than other players. In the grand scheme, I don't think this really makes a major difference which is why I don't use it often. I usually play as a Berserker and I don't have many issues with taking out someone that has multiple diamond pieces. Players that are Miner risk the chance of not finding diamonds or finding very few as well. At least with other kits, you are guaranteed to receive specific items or perks. I've played Miner before when I found no diamonds at all, which essentially makes the kit useless.

I also think if anything is broken with Bridges kits that it is that the Apple kit always does half a heart of damage per apple hit if you have no armor at all or if you have full diamond. It doesn't consider armor pieces at all, so players with Miner have no special defense against anyone that has the Apple kit.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  5. I play Bridges quite a bit and have been for years. I really don’t see how the miner kit is overpowered or unbalanced. If anything, this kit isn’t as good as some of the others (my opinion :-:). Like others have said, you only really have an ability before the bridges drop. Once they do, the miner kit is practically useless and won’t help much in PvP. Not to mention the fact that players without the miner kit, can easily get full diamond (or close to it). With the correct mining techniques and the right islands, diamonds can and are easy to come by.

Personally, I play Beserker the vast majority of the time (unless I need to complete a mission or something). As a Beserker main, I find it quite easy to escape and/or get combos on miners, using the leap feature. I would say the Bridges kits are pretty balanced. As I said before, Beserker can run and has a PvP advantage. However, Archer also has a bow at the very start of the game, Appler can hit players away and deal damage from a long way away, and Bomber and destructor are great with taking down bases. Miner only allows you to *possibly* get full diamond and doesn’t offer any real advantages other than that. Besides, PvP isn’t always about the armor or type of sword you have. You can easily outplay some people that have better armor than you.

Different people are great at different kits/classes. Some might be good at miner, while some will be just fine with the appler kit. Overall, I seriously don’t think the miner kit needs a nerf.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  6. hey hey!

I've been playing Bridges since I first started playing on Mineplex back in 2014. Right away, I would have agreed with you saying that getting full diamond off the bat is unfair compared to the people using the Apple kit where they'd be lucky to get full iron. However, I think it is extremely important to look at the entire purpose of the kit: to be prepared before the bridges drop, and nothing else. Let me explain this below:

When using the Apple kit, the kit not only provides you and your team with food to eat, but also a weapon that can be thrown throughout the entire game. From the moment the game starts to the moment it ends, the Apple kit can be used throughout the entire thing. On the other hand, the Miner kit really only has its abilities used in the first 10 minutes before the bridges drops. While, yes, some people do stay back and continue to mine, many rush and rush mid with whatever they have been able to get.

In my experience of playing the game, getting full diamond on ones own is extremely rare and hard to do. The most I have ever personally gotten is diamond chest plate and leggings in addition to my sword. That, combined with the fact that by the end of the game almost everyone has full diamond anyway, shows to me that the kit is almost underpowered in its abilities throughout the game. While I am not saying that it needs a buff, I also do not agree with the idea that it should be nerfed, either. I think that the kit is fine where it is currently.

Posted Jul 28, 2019
  7. Thread Moved to Game Alterations.

I have to generally agree with _H2O on this one. From my experience playing bridges, I’ve always used the miner kit and never felt like I was at an advantage. Given, I may not be the best at PVP, I would say that if we look at the bigger picture, the kit is only good for farming resources. When you’re actually fighting with another player, you may have slightly better gear or armor. However, the people you’re fighting may have the ability of a berserker or an apple kit. In which case, the miner kit is at a fairly level playing field when it comes to fighting.

I share a similar opinion with Noodlezz as well, in the sense that I don’t believe it needs a buff or a nerf. I feel like it’s fairly balanced at this time, and I don’t see a need to make any changes. While I don’t play nearly as much Bridges, or tend to play games very often in general, I do have prior knowledge of the kit from when I used to play in the past. I genuinely don’t think any change is necessary.

Posted Jul 28, 2019
  8. I know a lot of people already commented on saying why they believe miner is fine how it is, but I'm still gonna give my opinion from an ex BCL sweat.

So as of right now, miner is one of the most balanced kits in the game. In terms of splitting the kit into 3 categories, DPS, tank, and support. The DPS category would obviously consist of appler, zerk, archer. Tank would be brawler, and the support would be bomber (if used for team fights and mining) and miner. The thing about all of those kits listed above for DPS, they all have ways to counter fights, either it being mobility or projectile damage. Appler and archer can both fire the projectiles, and zerk can rush and leave fights whenever they want, making them control the fight. For tank, brawler right now takes less KB and deals more KB, meaning they can also somewhat control a fight and level people out. In terms of fighting those kits, miner actually seems underpowered. Sure, you could usually have the armor advantage, but you have no sense of mobility or projectile damage, leaving you quite helpless in fights. Miner is meant for diamonds to be shared across the team and distributed to the tanks and DPS for them to out armor the rest of the players. At the end of the day, bridges is a team game and should be played like that. Increasing the time would also hurt the kit more than it needs to because not every scan is guaranteed, and it could lead to the kit being an overall waste if you keep missing scans.

Also, I left out destructor because that kit needs a huge buff to be useful.

Have a good day!

Posted Jul 28, 2019
    jacvb likes this.
  9. Hello there!

I apologize for replying so late.

I did want to quickly say that this idea has been denied by GI as Miner kit is, as Landay mentioned above me, one of the most balanced kits in the game. Frankly, it's a kit that has little to no use late game and even in preparation, missing scans renders the kit as useless. A bit of armor advantage is really outweighed by the fact that you're helpless for the main bit of the game. With this in mind, we are actually considering ways to buff miner kit to make it more viable throughout the entire course of the game.

Knowing this, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied By GI

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Nolawn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.