• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Minestrike Map (Haven't thought of a name yet)

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by ItzCqnadian, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Hello there! It's been a while since I've posted anything on here, but now I have something to share. It's been an on and off project, but I've been working on an original minestrike map. I know some people might wonder why I didn't just build a current CSGO map, well the reason is because I've never been the best with remake builds, and it's something I'm trying to improve at. Also, I've been playing minestrike for a while now, and I believe I have a good grasp of what works for game play and what doesn't (hopefully :b). Oh and one more thing, if anyone has any name suggestions please leave any here! That being said, I hope you guys like it :)

Images -> https://imgur.com/a/WtW8Uqw

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    tk427 likes this.
  2. That’s so cool!! Did you do all of that on your own? You should apply to become a builder or consider submitting a map to Mineplex. Great work.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  3. hey canadian :D

it looks great

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  4. Hey! As many others could agree, this map is great! I really like the design and idea of the map. As @Degagelemming95 said, you should apply for builder or submit a map! Once again, great work! :D

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  5. Heyo!

I do really like the map, and I wish you good luck with getting it on the server.

One bit of critique I would like to say (You don't need to listen to it, just my thoughts): Perhaps not so many fences. Some are fine, but when playing Minestrike, as I'm sure you know, sometimes people get annoyed about fences being in the way because it causes annoying fights for players (with bullets being blocked), so that's just one thing I suggest.

For a name, how about 'Marshes'?

All in all good map though, thanks for building!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  6. Heyo!

This is a fantastic map! I really love the details you put into this map! I really like the palette choice you went with along with the theme. I hope to see this on the server someday! Keep up the excellent work!

My idea for a name would be "Palus Terras" which means "Swamp Lands" in Latin!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  7. Honestly, I think it looks great! I agree with Tilgorn in which there should be less fences as it could affect gameplay, but other than that, great work. There's great depth and a good amount of texture, but not overdoing it.

I'd also agree with naming it "Palus Terras", fits with the map really well in my opinion.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  8. Hey ItzCqnadian!
    I actually really love this map!

The overall color scheme and terrain gives a nice feel and element to the build. I love the details and how everything flows and connects throughout. Would love to play this on Minestrike as a new map!

For a map name, you could do something like Overgrown? Or something relating to the color palette that involves interest. Me personally, I'm not good at coming up with names so you might not want to listen to me xD.

Anyways, good luck!

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  9. Hey! This build looks pretty cool. I like how you didn't just copy a current CSGO map, but instead, you came up with something of your own design.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  10. Yo!
    This is a really neat concept and I can see the amount of work and thought you put into it. I would have to agree with an idea above to lower the amount of fences just because fences in-general lead to annoying gameplay for users but not all of them should be removed. For a few map names:
    • Tropic Warfare
    • Sandy Huts
    • Sahara Hideout
    • Sand Dunes Town
    Just some ideas of course :) Good luck on the map submission and hopefully it's accepted!

Posted Jan 31, 2020

11. I can't really tell from the screenshots you linked but I would, double, triple and, quadruple check that each side is balanced, there are 0 possibilities for exploits, and the map is big enough to realistically be a Minestrike Map. I say this because as soon as you submit this, GI & Map Testers will immediately start looking for any possible excuse to have changes issued. That being said though, I think it looks like a Minestrike map which is a good sign lol.

Fixes that need to be made from what I see now:
    -Fix the lightning in the darker rooms as it is nearly impossible to even see across the entire room from how dark it is.
    -The amount of water is possibly too much. The map Aztec has only 2 areas with water and those spots are really just to avoid taking fall damage while simultaneously getting to one point to another extremely quickly.
    -Other than that, I can't really say much until I get to test it :)

Good luck building, and you should definitely be proud of those buildings.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  12. Hey Canadian!
    I like the theme that you used for the map and can see that you have put a lot of time into it!

As for gameplay, aside from what has already been said, there are a couple of issues I can see:
    -Based on the screenshots provided it appears that bombsite A is a bit close to the T spawn. Moving the site back in order to allow the CTs more time to set up would likely make the map more balanced (not totally sure though without having tested the map).
    -Several of the entrances to each bombsite appear to be short and narrow tunnels, which would make it harder for teams to use grenades to take the bombsites. Opening some of them up might help fix this (again, haven't tested the map though).

As for the name, I would check to make sure it hasn't already been used for a CSGO operation map (in case someone like myself were to replicate it in the future).

Anyways, I wish you good luck on your submission!

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  13. Looks great but what's the theme that you are going with for the build?

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  14. This map looks great! Can't wait to ray on it.

Posted Feb 5, 2020