• 1047 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9485 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Minestrike TDM

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by zvvx, Aug 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I'm sure this has already been suggested but expanding on Minestrike buy giving more modes would definitely add replayablilty. TDM, DOM, or CTF could all work. Kits could be similar to the ones in paintball or you can do a make your own kit, like in the Champions gamemode. Anyway, if any of you have any thoughts, let me know. Also more suggestions on the way so stay tuned for that!

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I think this would be a great idea and something Mineplex should definitely implement! Being a player that wants to get into Minestrike, seeing more options rather than the standard comp version would be great. TDM would be my personal favourite as it is a quicker option rather than the long, competitive stye mode. Overall I think this a wonderful idea and I hope to see it added sometime in the future!

Cheers!
    Supreme

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  3. Yes yes yes!!!
    I love this idea because I like Minestrike but I don't like how long the games take so I rarely play it. I think this will make the Minestrike player base possibly rise up on players and maybe bring new players in. It's also quick and some players, like myself like shorter games over longer ones which this would appeal to them. Only downside I see is the Minestrike community being "too small" to add another game mode to but other then that I think this is a great idea and should definitely be looked into getting added. Great idea!!

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  4. Yo!

I think this is an interesting way to get others interested into MS and experience its mechanics, but how would the game be designed? Would it be one of the Champions gamemodes with MS kits? Also, how would the kits be customizable? Would there only be guns and explosives (flashbang, incendiary, etc.) or would there be something in the game that would expose you to planting bombs or defusing them?

I'm not going to go into the whole "making new gamemodes for pre-existing games" argument, since it has already been mentioned, but I am not sure how I feel about adding a Champions styled twist to MS. Champions and MS have different objectives and if this game is intended to help others transition into MS this idea may not be the way to go about it. I think it would be best to create another game that is different from our others games and include MS gun mechanics rather than putting MS kits right into Champion gamemodes.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  5. Heyyo!

This sounds like a really nice idea, and I think it might bring some popularity to the server. I like playing MineStrike when there isn't any moderating to do, so I would definitely like to play different modes of Minestrike! I'm not sure about making it it's own game, but I would like to see it in a type of Mixed arcade style. I'm not sure about how the kits would lay out for the gamemodes, but it sounds like an interesting idea.

However, there have been many ideas similar to this, which have been denied. So I'm not really sure if this will make it to the server. I personally have thought of making a Minestrike style game, but my post has been denied every time. So I don't think it will be a game on Mineplex, however I am totally for it if it does happen to become a gamemode. But for now, I'm on the fence until I see more responses to this. 0

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  6. Hey there,

Personally, I think that a new mode for Minestrike isn't really needed at this time. I think that Minestrike by itself is in desperate need for an update, but a new mode would just divide the player base and could possibly decrease the number of players.

Thread moved to New Game Ideas

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  7. I do rather like the idea!

I can definitely see if this is implemented playing a lot more "MineStrike" in what ever game mode it's in!

So +1 for me!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  8. Although on paper I like the sound of this idea, it's practicality unfortunately is debatable. The Champions playerbase is about a similar-ish size to that of the Minestrike playerbase and when we saw the implementation of various gamemodes for champions (DOM, CTF, TDM and of course Clans), we also saw various gamemodes such as CTF go untouched for a long time making it a redundant gamemode as well as the playerbase spread thinly between the different gamemodes. I think the focus on MS shouldn't be new gamemodes but an update to add potential new features as well as fix anything broken.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  9. Yo!

I'm really conflicted with my opinion on this. I think that the game has a lot of potential, but I also do have some questions about it and wonder if it would actually work out in the long run.

First off, what would the mechanics of the game entail? Would it be Minestrike with Champions kits, or TDM using the resource pack from MS to shoot guns? Those two games would be completely different form each other, so it would be nice if you could perhaps go into a bit more detail for us to show us how the game would be played, the kits/classes of it (since it could go two different ways). Also, Id like to see what the overall mission for the game is (ie, kill the other team, plant a bomb, etc), and what players must do in order to be able to be successful in the game.

Additionally, I find it hard to create combined gamemode for these two separate games. The two have completely different playing styles, so while combining it would be fun, it would be strange to veterans TDM/MS players, thought they could quickly adjust to the fighting style. However, what I am more concerned about is if the games would fill up enough. TDM was removed for a reason, as with any game that has been removed from the server. In addition to that, I find that Minestrike players are really into MS, and not different games (hence why they play that game). The MS community is also a smaller one when compared to games like Cake Wars, so I wonder there would be a player base to support this game. Overall, I really like the idea, but I am not 100% sure how it would turn out or if it would be successful in its attempt.

Posted Sep 14, 2019