• 1637 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10075 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mini-Castle Siege

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Da Eagle, Jul 2, 2019.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutral

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Castle Siege was one of my favorite games on Mineplex, but it was unfortunately removed early last year due to a supposed lack player interest

In actuality, I think plenty of people were interested, but the player requirement was so high that the games would never start: you needed 60 players to start the countdown, which resulted in incredibly long waits in lobbies with player counts in the 40s and 50s. I know this discouraged a lot of players, and people would leave even though they wanted to play.

I’m proposing Castle Siege, but this time on a smaller map that only needs 30 people to start. This will be a more workable game that players can actually play.

Posted Jul 2, 2019
  2. I loved castle siege. Every thing sounds cool but maybe for bedrock as it is missing games like this. But yes I agree this is a very good idea.

Posted Jul 2, 2019
  3. Castle Siege was also one of my favorite games, but suffered from the problem above; Players just did not want to wait for so long for a game to start, and played other games instead; while I find the Idea above very nice, perhaps a ratio of players (i.e. 10 players for one zombie, etc...) would be more effective.

Posted Jul 2, 2019
  4. I loved Castle Siege when it was a full game, and I do miss it from time to time. It was actually one of the very first games I played on Mineplex. What you are saying could very well be true - plenty of people were interested, but games would never start because players would keep leaving because it was taking too long to start (similarly to UHC). Personally, I would not be opposed to your idea.

Castle Siege was designed for a ton of players, but if we cut the player limit to a smaller number and decreased the size of maps, I think it could very well work. I'd say some more minor details would have to change due to the decreased size of the maps and the decreased player count, but I think it would be fun to try. I'm sure that games will be able to start up much quicker if less players were needed to play.

Posted Jul 2, 2019
  5. I used to play Castle Siege before, and it was used to be a great minigame. I missed the old Castle Siege game, and there were lots of players too. This game was removed from the server due to lack of players. If they're going to bring back Castle Siege as a mini version, it'll not work like that. Players wouldn't be interested to play Castle Siege again. This will give the Developers time to alter and make some changes. I don't believe they have time to re-create Mini-Castle Siege.

I saw a few similar suggestions before, and I couldn't agree with it. I'm afraid that it's a no from me.

Posted Jul 2, 2019