• 1909 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10347 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mining, Building, & PvP Wrapped into One Game

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by OnionTearz, Jun 28, 2019.

Tags:
?

Does this sound like a fun and original game?

1. Yes, I would love to see this become a game

78.9%
  2. Fun sure but not so original

5.3%
  3. No I don't think I would play this game

15.8%
  1. So, I developed this idea for a new game and created a rough draft map for it.

Objective - Gather enough diamonds to craft the blocks needed to finish building your teams beacon. First beacon built Wins

Set-up - two teams of 3-5 that spawn on opposite sides of each other on a ring floating in the sky.
    You start with stone tools with leather armor and can find cobble/iron deposits around the ring to mine. Floating in the middle of the ring is a diamond deposit where you can mine the diamonds for your beacon.

Game-play - By using cobble you can bridge towards the diamonds. The Iron would be used to upgrade tools/weapons/armor which can be crafted at your spawn,
    and killing other players gives you a currency to buy permanent team upgrades such as haste, sharp, prot, etc, (I was thinking Ghast Tear for currency) Also a few trees for sticks and such.
    [​IMG]

Obviously the map would be more decked out and larger if tried as a game. But this was the quick thing I threw together once I came up with the idea

Posted Jun 28, 2019
  2. That's actually a really interesting concept.... I hope they consider it!

Posted Jun 29, 2019
    SimplyWeirdo and OnionTearz like this.
  3. I like the idea of fighting for control over the deposits would be very fun

Posted Jul 3, 2019
  4. i would change the poll as it sounds like bridges uwu.

Posted Jul 3, 2019
  5. This kind of sounds like micro battles or bridges. However it's an interesting concept though, and I love it! I feel like it's missing something though, so if there's something that you can possibly add, it would most likely make its way to the variety of games Mineplex has.

Posted Jul 3, 2019
    OnionTearz likes this.
  6. I was thinking more about my idea, and thought if adding specific kits it would make the game more interesting. My Idea was having three different types of kits. Medic, Guardian, Gatherer and Archer. These kits would be randomly assigned to each teammate. After being assigned your kit you would be given a few types of your kit to choose from. This would keep the game balanced while adding a fun twist.
    Anything that has a limited supply for the kits require the player to run back to their spawn and Re-Supply.

The Medic would have three different types.
    - Surgeon, granted with permanent slowness 1,8 health 2 and 5 regen splash pots
    - Doctor, granted with permanent jump boost 1 and 12 regen splash pots
    - Nurse, granted with permanent speed 1 and 4 health 1 splash pots
    Potions thrown have no affect on the opposing teams

The Guardian would have two different types
    - Golem, granted with permanent slowness, always spawns with iron chestplate and bootss
    - Ninja, 3 mineplex soups, speed 1 drinking potion. Always spawns with iron swords

The Gatherer would have two types (I didn't have that many ideas for the Gatherer sets. Wouldn't mind suggestios)
    - Miner, granted permanent haste 1. Always spawns with iron picks
    - Traveler, granted permanent speed 2

The Archer would have three different types (Archers spawn with bows and 20 arrows)
    - Sniper, for every three blocks traveled is an extra .3 damage
    - Gunner, Infinite quiver, shoots three arrows. Does an overall %27 less damage
    - Backup, spawns with punch 1 bows and is granted permanent jump boost 1

(Map designs would be specifically designed for jump boost to be useful)

I also was thinking of there being a third team so it would be more challenging, competitive, and be able to hold more players on a server.
    --- Post updated ---
    I would like to know how balanced the kits seem. If you think something would be too over powered or if a kit is under powered and you have a suggestion to improve either. It's hard to think up of kits without players to test if kits are balanced.
    What tags should go on this thread?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2019
  7. I didn't think I would like this game idea at all when I read the first few sentences. However, once I read more, I got a deeper understanding of the game and I like it a lot. I do think the kits need to be changed but nothing too different from what you suggested. I don't think you should add slowness to your kits, I understand that's a con of using it, but I feel like it would be way too annoying.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    OnionTearz likes this.
  8. I would like to know how balanced the kits seem. If you think something would be too over powered or if a kit is under powered and you have a suggestion to improve either. It's hard to think up of kits without players to test if kits are balanced.
    What tags should go on this thread?
    Thanks for your input would you have any suggestions as to what would be cool or unique to have for the kits?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2019
  9. Sounds great. Hope to see it become a game soon!

Posted Aug 6, 2019
  10. This sounds like a very fun idea and I hope they try to implement this

Posted Aug 6, 2019
  11. I know you already said the map would be more decked out, but I have an idea that might add more challenge to the game. You said that the cobblestone and iron would be on the "starter ring" (ig, I don't know what to call it). So I was thinking that in parts where there is cobblestone and iron deposits, the player would have to complete a small parkour challenge before they reached them. So it's still a ring but it's "broken" at parts. The parkour would be more challenging depending on the amount of that material at the end of it.

Btw, I don't think this game idea sounds anything like bridges or micro battles. It's one of the more original game ideas that I have seen in a while. Once I think of more ideas to add I'll let you know.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    OnionTearz likes this.
  12. Thanks I actually really like that Idea. I love having people suggest things they think would be fun<3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2019
  13. Just a quick few more suggestions:
    1) instead of making it so the kits are randomly assigned, make it like how it was in MOBA. What I mean by this is make it so the players can pick which kit they want, however, each kit can only be used by one person.
    2) make it 4v4v4v4 (or however many people are decided to be on each team). This would give less a chance of one team having complete dominance over the other one. It would also make it harder on the teams to gather resources while adding another level of intensity.

I'll try to think of some kit suggestions if I can, or anything else that I think might benefit the playing experience.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    OnionTearz likes this.
  14. If anyone is interested. I developed a more realistic possibility for a map.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So there you have it. Trees for sticks/crafting table. Cobble outputs, Iron, and diamond.
    --- Post updated ---
    Btw I also don't have a name idea for this game if anyone has one I'm interested to hear.
    --- Post updated ---
    Takes about a minute to run a complete circle around the map
    --- Post updated ---
    To clear some things up I didn't realize I hadn't said yet. The mining would actually break the blocks for resources, however over time the blocks would slowly regenerate. This is so players couldn't farm in one place that might have an advantage. Another thing is the objective is to mine the diamond ore to build a teir one beacon. Hope that makes it a little clearer for you guys. :)
    --- Post updated ---
    My friend had a thought I really liked where enderman would rarely spawn somewhere and you could kill for an enderpearl
    --- Post updated ---
    Shout out to Uneon for that one
    --- Post updated ---
    He also opened up his realm and he helped me build the giant ring
    --- Post updated ---
    My friend had a thought I really liked where enderman would rarely spawn that you could kill for an enderpearl
    So you can see the pictures of a map I put together. I added you suggestions of two teams and broke the map very slightly. Any thoughts?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 8, 2019
  15. Not really a fan of this.
    As stated above, this really sounds a lot like Micro Battles and some what of Cake Wars, meaning if they implement this, we will basically (kinda) have copies of the games which really isn't what we are really aiming for. Also, for building different types of stages / maps for the game, what kind of Data Points will be added, or how big will it have to be on average? I feel if we try to implement this it will take lots of time and effort which isn't really neccsarry, as the game is basically (kinda) a copy of different gamemodes.
    With this all being said, I'm going to go ahead and give this a +0 for now.
    Have a nice day,
    ~BasicT

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  16. oof
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean, thanks for viewing

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 8, 2019
  17. Hey!

I really am interested in this idea for a game! It isn’t very original because like some people said above it is like bridges and micro battles but it sounds super fun to play. I like the objective of the game, how you can upgrade armor and weapons and other items you would need. I am also interested in the kits that you have listed. They seem like a good fit for this game. I would just say to make the game a little different from those two games and make sure the kits are balanced and it would hopefully be a good game! +1 from me!

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  18. How is this like bridges? other than the fact that they both have four teams, they aren't that similar.
    Same goes micro battles. Same goes for micro battles, and there are already a lot of things that differentiate this game from others such as its* unique kits.

Posted Aug 9, 2019
    OnionTearz likes this.
  19. I feel the same way however my view is likely very biased. I would like for everyone who says its similar to point out exact reasons as to how. Everyone who has mentioned it being similar hasn't explained specific reasons to why it is.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 9, 2019
  20. Hey!

I think your game is really a good idea. I see a lot of people saying that it's similar to the bridges and Cakewars. And i just don't see it bridges whats similar to it? 4 teams? there several other games with 4 teams and several other games in the sky. The main thing about the bridges is finding ore and after a time you can fight. Cake wars is also in the sky and and has a 4 teams mode, The main thing about cakewars is destroying something another team is protecting to be able to kill them. These are the hearts of those games and this game has a completely different heart, its heart is traveling the map to build something for your team. you already know where all the ore is.(unlike the bridges) And somehting really unique about this game is it could and and not a single player hit each other the only reason you have to fight is to slow down the competition and take their items.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    little_dude_9000 likes this.