• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6858 Players Online
  • 3968 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mix Up Mixed Arcade

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by DeluxFTW, May 19, 2020.

Tags:
?

Should games be "Mixed?"

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. Hello,

I realized that the games in mixed arcade go in a certain order instead of being "mixed." The games should be mixed but at the same time made sure that one game isn't played twice in a row or more. This is so the cycle is actually "Mixed Arcade." I believe by doing this, it will motivate players to keep playing mixed arcade.

Posted May 19, 2020
    kim_crazy and ImAshamed like this.
  2. I'd have to disagree with this one. A lot of players play Mixed Arcade in order to just play a specific game- the games run in a certain order that most mixed players know, and they will join games in order to play the game they want to play. Because of the fact that lobbies don't run for a lot of arcade games, this is the only opportunity players have to play those games, and it seems like it'd be unwise to change the cycle as it'd push players away from having to wait to see if the game they want to play comes up next.

Posted May 19, 2020
    avae, Im_Ken, 0775 and 2 others like this.
  3. It’s not considered “mixed arcade” if it’s in order. As a mixed arcade player myself, I’ve been demotivated lately because certain games I run into, the tryhards kept stealing my games and I’ve been unable to play in peace. I’m aware that the individual NPC’s don’t start often unless you grab a party; I personally think that the rotation shouldn’t be order when it’s literally called “mixed” arcade.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2020
    ImAshamed and Im_Ken like this.
  4. Howdy!

I agree with your idea, DeluxFTW. Personally I think mixed arcade should be mixed instead of being in order due to the fact that it resembles its own name. There are multiple MIN lobbies out there and if Mixed Arcade is mixed, there should be less "tryhards" due to the fact that there are different lobbies.

Have a wonderful day!

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  5. I believe the reason it's called mixed arcade is because it's a combination or a mix of the different arcade minigames Mineplex has to offer, not because the games should be mixed up. I'm sorry to hear that your experiences in these games aren't always the best, but I'd have to agree with dualkong here. It's best not to change the order that the games rotate in, so players can join a MIN lobby when the game they'd like to play is up.

Posted May 29, 2020
  6. I'm also going to have to disagree with this suggestion. Without an order, it is impossible for all of the games to get the same amount of time. Further, being able to choose which games you play is something that I feel enhances the lobbies. My personal favorite part of the rotation is Bacon Brawl through Dragon Escape, and I personally love to target games in that part of the rotation. Worthi is right in that it is still a "Mixed" arcade without a randomized sorting because there is a mix of different types of games. Overall, I'm going to have to give this a -1.

Posted May 29, 2020
  7. Well, I believe that it should be mixed since the name states "mixed arcade" mixed meaning not in a certain order, as it was before, So il have to +1 on this.

Posted May 29, 2020
  8. Hey!
    I think this is a really interesting idea, I see why some people would be more inclined to keep playing Mixed Arcade if it were actually mixed, however I can also see the other side of things. I personally tend to target my favorite games in Mixed Arcade, and so do many of my other friends who play the gamemode. Idealy, I think it would be nice if both options were available, however since that isn't possible I feel like Mixed Arcade should stay the way it is. Luckily, if you're getting bored of the roation you're currently on you can quit the game and find another Mixed Arcade lobby you might enjoy more. I'm not completely opposed to this idea, however I think the way it is now might be more beneficial to keeping the majority of the community happy. I'm interested to see the rest of the replies.
    I hope you're doing well and staying safe! :)

Posted May 29, 2020
  9. I jump into inprogress games to get into games that I like; I don't like waiting through other games

But, I agree. It's quite boring to progress through the same games every time.

If it were to be mixed up, I think the game voting should be brought back so people can select games they like to play.

A lot of players (like me) will be irritated not to be able to jump into their favorite games. Because of this, I'll give a -1, but I'll have an opened mind.

Posted May 29, 2020
  10. I wouldn't agree on the game voting. The games should be mixed up like it was before game voting was introduced. As @Fqultless stated, having the games go in order isn't "mixed" and I completely agree with his statement. How mixed arcade was before voting was introduced was a fairly "mixed" rotation; without the games going in the same order, and without any game being played twice in a row.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2020
  11. Hey!

Honestly, I'm not really a fond of this idea. Like many people above have listed, lots of players (including myself) use this as a way to play specific games. Without this, I wouldn't be able to play some of my favorite arcade games, especially since the fact that it would take ages for that game to come up. As of right now, I find myself occasionally grinding Monster Maze and Bomb Lobbers. And as you can probably tell, these two games aren't the most popular, so with the Arcade Rotation being in alphabetical order, this is giving me and lots of other players an opportunity to play these games. Overall, I can see how it is from your point of view and I totally get it, but I just feel like it's fine the way it is.

Posted May 30, 2020