• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mixed Arcade Game Rotations

Discussion in 'Arcade Games' started by _Prof_, Jan 4, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. Implement it!

2. I'll stick with Game Insights on this one.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. _Prof_

_Prof_

On February 27th, 2018, Mineplex switched to the current lobby we have right now. One of the most depressing changes that came were the removal of NPCs or many Mixed Arcade games. Some deserved to get pushed back, some didn't. The 2 that kept their's were Micro Battles and Turf Wars. Mineplex kept the correct ones regardless, but let's get straight to the point. Why are they still in rotation when they already have NPCs? The nerfed Mixed Arcade games already don't have much breathing room for existence and you're stealing some of their turns and giving it to Turf Wars and Micro Battles? It makes no sense, why not just go to their servers? Personally, I love the Mixed Arcade server, the pushed back games deserve more recognition, remove Turf Wars and Micro Battles from game rotation. I remember bringing this up in GI and the decisive statement was "some players just want to play 1 game." Why not just go to the TF/MB lobby for 1 game then? It shouldn't be that much effort.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
  2. Lesot

Lesot

I believe the same as you due to the same reasons. Why have Turf Wars and Micro Battles in the rotation when they do in fact have their own NPC? I believe players would enjoy Mixed Arcade more as it does free up space to play other games that really are not played or old games that lost their own NPC. I really like the points that you brought up in this. Keep up the good work!

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. reallytired

reallytired

Hey,

For the most part, I do agree with the logic of your post. There are individual NPC's for Turf Wars and Micro Battles, so it is a bit odd that they're still in the Mixed Arcade rotation. However, the purpose of Mixed Arcade isn't to display the removed arcade games, it's to give a rotation through all of the arcade games, whether they're removed or not (hence the name - mixed arcade).

If Turf Wars and Micro Battles were to be removed from the Mixed Arcade rotation, I believe both of the communities would see a decline in new player growth. I feel as though Mixed Arcade is a way to get players into multiple mini-games, however, with the absence of TF and MB, players won't get the chance to try it out lowering the chances of them going to the individual NPC to play it.

I don't see too much of a problem with the current system - most of the "non-NPC" mini-games still win in the voting, and I don't see TF very often. I do see MB in the rotation a bit more but I believe that's due to the fact that it's more fast-paced pvp which can appeal to a wider player base.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    coralines and HeyItsAdam like this.
  4. Tomeroo

Tomeroo

I agree with everything you've said _Prof_! I'd also like to add something though, I reckon mineplex should also just add back every other minigame as its own npc so that people can play their favourite games over and over again. :)
    Tomeroo

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  5. _Prof_

_Prof_

I don't believe every game should get their NPC back. Not even close to that in fact, just a few that were loved by the community. How it does in Classic Cow would be a decisive evaluation as to if it should be added back or not. So far, I know Dragon Escape, Super Paintball, and Castle Siege are most likely to get their NPCs again. That might not be the only ones, we'll just have to wait and see if there's more once every game has been in Classic Cow. If they really want to add whatever game back, they should put it in retro just to make some final evaluations.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2019
  6. xUmbrella

xUmbrella

I can see where you are coming from, and frankly, I'm not completely opposed to the idea. However, I think that, like reallytired said, it should stay the same since the purpose of Mixed Arcade is to include all arcade games in the rotation. More people play Mixed Arcade than singular arcade games, so like said above it would cause a rapid decline in the current playerbase of those two games.

Again, as I said, I'm not 100% opposed to the idea - I wouldn't really mind myself if both games were taken out of Mixed Arcade since I don't play them much - but I don't think it's going to happen.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  7. HeyItsAdam

HeyItsAdam

Debatable

If I want to play Mixed Arcade, I generally want to play most arcade games (lol evolution). This includes turf wars and micro battles both. If I want to play Micro Battles or Turf Wars only, I will go to their game NPCs. Sometimes, I do not want to play them exclusively, but I still want to get some games of them in mixed arcade.

It isn't that much effort, but it's effort that is unnecessary. Players should not have to switch a lobby for a single game, that just makes no sense.

While the removal of them was a large blow to many communities, I can understand the justification for most removed games. While some should come back (paintball pls), the majority of the arcade games that were removed had a valid justification.

Yeah this essentially sums up my argument pretty well to this all, I do not see any valid reason for TF and MB to be removed from mixed. They are both arcade games, and they deserve equal chance to be chosen in MIXED arcade, where you can play any arcade game.

MIXED Arcade, not REMOVED GAMES Arcade.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
    coralines and reallytired like this.
  8. _Prof_

_Prof_

Micro Battles and Turf Wars seem to fill up relatively fast and keep running for most of the day so I think keeping those 2 were on the better side of choices. There might be better options like Super Paintball being asked frequently get get its own NPC back.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 6, 2019
  9. _H2O

_H2O

Personally, I have to agree with you. I've felt the same way since most mixed arcade games were removed and players now only have the option to play them in the Mixed Arcade itself. I understand that it takes work to switch between games if you want to play them, but come on. It's not that much work and if you aren't willing to take one minute to switch servers to play a game, do you really want to play that game so badly? I wouldn't mind Microbattles and Turf Wars being removed from the Mixed Arcade because you're right, there are other public servers to play them on unlike the other games. It would still be an arcade of mixed games without them.

Posted Jan 6, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  10. Tomeroo

Tomeroo

Even if people don't play the individual games very often, I think it's still worth adding them back as individual npcs because there are occasions when there are enough people playing for the game to start. A great example of this is castle siege - It rarely had enough players for games to start and yet it stayed as a game that people could choose to join. Please change it back. Thanks,
    Tomeroo

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  11. Animalll

Animalll

Hey!

I disagree with this post. First off, as mentioned previously, the point of mixed arcade is to showcase all arcade games, and since Micro Battles and Turf Wars are arcade games, they are featured in the Mixed arcade lobbies. Also, when Mineplex isn't peaking with players, these lobbies can have little to no people in them, which makes it hard to start a game. However, I do see where you are coming from and understand how you feel, it's just that removing these games from Mixed arcade would make no sense, as removing these games from Mixed arcade would defeat the purpose of Mixed arcade lobbies.

Thanks for the post!
    -Animal

Posted Jan 7, 2019