• 1313 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1313 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mixed Arcade Games

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by CatFan105, Oct 15, 2020.

1. I also came up with an idea for a game called marksmen: so you and several other players are on little floating islands, and you try to shoot everyone else off with arrows. The arrows can kill them, but the islands are small so it is smarter to try to knock them off. Last person alive wins!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2020
  2. There are 3 different kits: archer, default and is just normal archer kit. Builder, gets arrows more slowly, but also gets wool, high can be used to build or bridge gaps, but is 1-hit destroy. And destroyer, who also gets arrows more slowly, but they destroy any block they touch.

OP OP
  3. Any other ideas for it?

OP OP
  4. I certainly agree that the Mixed Arcade games should make a return some time, if not at least the ones like OITQ. Although they were removed for not being competitive/having a fairly low player count compared to the other game-modes, I think with a few changes they can make a return and be even better. I also feel like timing when games come is also what brings a solid player base towards a game. Like mentioned above, I don’t see why Death Tag should be a game to be in consideration of bringing it back. It did have many bugs and just wasn’t getting enough players/appealing to the network. On the upside of these games getting removed was that Mineplex was able to focus more on the core games like CakeWars, SkyWars, etc which have been getting pretty significant updates. I still do hope to see these game-modes be brought back in the future!

Posted Oct 19, 2020
  5. Mixed Arcade was definitely one of my favorite games to play on the bedrock network. Gladiators was removed due to a game bug that prevented players from starting the next round, thus making everyone leave, and a broken game lobby. Bomblobbers and Quiver were extremely fun, especially when playing in groups of teams trying to get the most amount of kills per game. Dragon Escape is all about the parkour and finishing first, using strategies and tactics to your advantage. Maybe one day we will be able to see them make a comeback, who knows. Even though it gets rarely played on a regular basis, plenty of people are still active, averaging around 100 or more players per session. +1

Posted Oct 19, 2020
  6. Thank you for your opinions!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 19, 2020
  7. I suck at both of those games...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 19, 2020
  8. I hope these will be added back into game sometime soon, as I really enjoyed them!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2020
  9. Who else agrees that the M.A. games were some of the best ones? There was parkour, straight pvp, and tnt related stuff, none of which are available anywhere else!(at least on bedrock) I have heard people complaining that there’s no pvp, or no parkour, but this would literally solve all of it, and also much more!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2020
  10. Yes! That would be great to bring those games back!

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  11. I think a game similar to capture the flag would be a good addition! So each team is in a castle, and each time has a banner, or ‘flag’ that the other team has to capture. You have a bow and arrows, a sword, and a pickaxe. The sword and bow are for defense, the axe or pickaxe is for capturing the flag. Arrows are instakill, and first team to have both flags wins!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 23, 2020
  12. Yes, this is an excellent idea.

This would be something good to re-implement from the past and something to bring back over from the Java side of the network. Would make it more of a fun experience for players on Bedrock to just casually go through different games instead of just playing the same one over and over or having to go back to the hub after each round.

Nice suggestion.

Posted Oct 24, 2020
  13. They still have it on Java?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 24, 2020
  14. Lucky...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 24, 2020
  15. How many people had a mixed arcade game as their favorite?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 26, 2020
    SmokeyCobYT likes this.
  16. Can a moderator please respond to this so I at least know if it’s going to be completely ignored or not?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 28, 2020
  17. OITQ and Bomb Lobbers were both popular I would say because many people had made threads in the past of giving these 2 games their own NPC’s. Death tag was removed because it wasn’t very popular and it had a lot of bugs that didn’t really make the game playable. For gladiators, compromises could be made if we added something like a Lobby Gladiators like how it is for java. Lastly for dragon escape, it would be better to bring the game back to a more updated version since the game at the time was very plain and would over time get too easy to finish.

Overall hope to see some games brought back in the future, but probably not all of them.

Posted Oct 29, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 29, 2020
  18. Which ones do you think shouldn’t return?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2020
  19. Games that barely had any players. Like death tag or Skyfall. It would be nice to also see gladiators make a return but as a lobby game. Since the game was very plain and too straight forward.

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  20. Ok!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 30, 2020