• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8381 Players Online
  • 5491 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mixed Removed Games

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Vytas, Jan 9, 2020.

1. We have Nano Games and we have Mixed Arcade so why not Mixed Removed Games? This game would be a rotation of games similar to mixed arcade but it would be only games that have been removed from the network throughout the years. I am aware that you can play removed games on MPS's but this new game would make them more accessible and could attract more players to the network.

Posted Jan 9, 2020
    AtlantaTV likes this.
  2. Hey!

I really like this idea. Over the years, I have seen games that I love come and go. I think this idea would really be popular amongst the "OG" community, and those like you and I who miss certain games. Overall, I really like this idea and hope to see it implemented.

~Nick

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  3. Hey!

I am not a fan of this idea. I really don't see a point in this when you can just play removed games in mps's. Most removed games were removed because they weren't high enough quality to be an official game. I have gone back and played many removed games and they aren't fun and can take way too long. Games like Tug of Wool would not be popular amongst the community, even the 'OG' players that liked the game wouldn't play it that often, mainly because there wouldn't be enough people playing it. I do like the creativity of this idea, but I don't think this would be necessary at all since you can just play these games in an mps. While there are some fun removed games, I just don't think a rotation of removed games would be very popular and that there would even be one lobby for it at most times.

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  4. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those games were removed for the same reason - low player count. Additionally, some were removed for being extremely buggy and hard to maintain. That being said, clearly not a lot of these were popular enough to survive as a single game mode thus causing their removal. Also, a lot of these games lacked creativity and uniqueness to be a full game on the network, and might’ve been removed for that reason.

Considering all of the reasons these games were removed, and the fact that most of them are playable in MPS, it doesn’t seem logical to create an entire game mode based off of failed games. Although some OG games were great and removed because times have changed, the ones like this are outweighed by the couple of games that were removed for lacking all of the qualities you would expect to see in a solid game. I am against this idea because I do not see it as worth it or necessary to create another way to play these games, especially when most of them failed in some form or another. Good idea though, if most of the removed games were great games removed because people stopped playing them I’d be supporting this idea!

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  5. Hi there!

As the 2 above me, I don't really agree with this idea.

Unfortunately, these games were removed or denied from the network for a specific reason. Most likely not having enough players bugs or just exploits or any other reason. I don't see much of the members playing these games as most of them were probably removed for certain reasons casted from players. Even if this was implemented I don't think there was that many games that were rejected or removed, therefore the games would just go to quickly and the same games would repeat to quickly, as for mixed arcade there are so many different games that it doesn't get boring since there is so many different games going in the rotation. As said I don't see much of a reason to add these games as they were mostly removed for a certain reason, if their were more games that weren't rejected and just removed due to lack of player count but not bugs or anything I'm sure some of the community members would love this idea! But due to the games being rejected for bugs or something and there just not being enough of them I don't see this working out. Thanks for your suggestion it's a very creative idea! I'd love to see more! But I'm sadly giving this a -1 Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  6. Hey!
    So I have to agree with the players above me that these games were removed for a purpose and they had a reason to be removed which was mostly lack of players. Adding these to a mixed arcade type of system wouldn't really bring the players back needed to make it worth all the dev time it would require. Another reason this wouldn't work is most games that were removed off the network were removed totally and we can't access them anymore. Which means even if we wanted to add them to a mixed arcade type of system we couldn't because we don't even have the code for them anymore. Overall I wish this could happen but because of those two major reasons it won't work.

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  7. I'm going to disagree with the people above me who keep rehashing the same points because I like being contrary and because they're wrong about a few things. Bringing back a Classics Cow-esque thing with good execution would probably be a hit, preferably putting it in a better location this time (where it was in the old lobby severely hurt its ability to draw players, as did the lack of compass access). Some of the removed gamemodes drew players, and perhaps more importantly, reintroducing them as limited-time events would probably keep them popular enough. Perhaps this should be limited to weekends rather than running the full week, and some of the games would likely need some minor adjustments (rewards primarily). Overall, unless you really shot the moon with this (which might be worth doing to be honest), this shouldn't require tons of precious developer time (Mineplex really needs to hire more devs).

Just throwing ideas out there, but I think that rather than voting on gamemodes in the Discord, something similar to the old Brawl fountain would be really interesting. Players could use gems to vote for gamemodes, or just to unlock them. I'm not sure about adding double experience to those, but perhaps shard boosts would work as something the community could work together toward. These would have to be well-advertised and explained in a number of media--on the Twitter, announcements, probably on the forums, ingame announcements, and so on. Encouraging content creators to make content on these games would also be a good move.

Posted Jan 10, 2020
    AtlantaTV likes this.