• 2301 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10739 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Modifying the Spawn Protection of Players

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Zomaholic, Jul 11, 2019.

?

What modification should the spawn protection get?

1. Keep it the same?

5.6%
  2. Remove It?

11.1%
  3. Modify it to just the spawning area?

72.2%
  4. Increase it?

5.6%
  5. Something else completely?

5.6%
  1. The subject of this post is quite straightforward and I'm sure many people know exactly what I mean just by reading the title, but I will expand.

I think the spawn protection of players is too long and not really fair. The amount of times I'm eating a cake alone and have the team respawn and I can't hit them because of the spawn protection so I get hit off into the void or it's the last guy alive and he runs to a bridge, turns and hits me off and I can't hit him because he respawned 10 seconds ago.

Solution?

I don't think spawn protection should be removed completely as that would not be fair to the player respawning and team farming would just increase.

One solution I can think of is that the spawn protection only works if the player is within 5 blocks of the block they spawned from. If it's like this the player can't get farmed as easily as they still have some spawn protection however if they run out of that area then it's fair for the attacking player to actually hit them rather than being smacked into the void.

I've made a poll as I'm curious in what other players think so please vote.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    FiveCPS and SpitefulNick like this.
  2. I believe that it should be minimized but still remain due to the fact other players could spawn camp while their team destroys the cake and I believe that is an unfair advantage.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  3. hey there!
    i definitely think spawn protection should still be a thing in cake wars, especially if a team is trying to spawn kill them, the spawn protection could help them a bit at least. however, i also think it should be limited and your idea of having it limited to 5 blocks from spawn area (not infinitely of course) for a certain time interval would be nice if a player were to solo rush.

+1 from me!

~ nouqt//ailin (:

Posted Jul 14, 2019
  4. Hey!

I also think that the spawn protection on Cake Wars need to be modified. I like your idea, and I think that if it was set to only 5 blocks away from the spawn point that'd be great. That way, players can either gather some supplies from a chest to purchase armor and get ready to fight, or decide they want to PvP immediately. I'd much rather have this system in place than the current one. +1

Posted Jul 14, 2019
  5. Heyo!

I think that Mineplex just need to set it on spawning area

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    FiveCPS likes this.
  6. Modifying the spawn protection so that it is disabled once the player(s) move would be more affective. That way, once they start to move and, in Zom's case, attack, the player spawn port would stop, and they would be in game. That being said, If the player doesn't move, I think the port time should still be 10 secs.

Posted Jul 31, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 29, 2019
    Zomaholic likes this.
  7. I believe the current spawn protection period is 8 seconds? Which imo is way to long and needs to be changed, it allows people to get the first hit which can result in the other player dying. Not to mention it allows them to run a lot further than they would be able to. So yes, I agree it needs to be lowered or restricted to spawn point.

Posted Jul 31, 2019
    Zomaholic likes this.