• 437 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3016 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mods should not be allowed to lock threads unless a rule has been broken by OP

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by swimfan72, Sep 24, 2019.

1. fair enough, that is probably the correct choice to not fuel my curiosity and start anything up.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2019
  2. Heh, classic Mineplex moderation

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    swimfan72 likes this.
  3. I contacted forum staff and got the warning removed from @Evira

Posted Sep 25, 2019
    FluteVegetables and swimfan72 like this.
  4. BIG POG

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 25, 2019
  5. I completely agree. I made a thread yesterday where I talked about my unfair mute and had a poll to see if people agreed with me. The mods got angry because everyone who voted was agreeing with me so they first censored the thread and then locked it later without even explaining to me why it was locked. I broke no rules. I see this happening in other cases with other people as well.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. I can understand that from the mods' side. In my opinion, I would have thought that was immature. If you have an unfair mute, you should appeal, not make a whole discussion about it and make a poll to see who thinks it was unfair. I don't mean to be rude, or choose sides, I am just telling how I see this from my side.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  7. Your thread was waiting on a response from an RC, so that's why it was locked for so long. It has received a reason and a response to be locked, so this is now invalid and is incorrect. If you see threads that were locked for over 24-48 hours without a reply, feel free to ask an FM/FN about it or just report the thread to be looked into further.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
    leo_thya likes this.
  8. I did appeal and it was denied. I admit I did handle the situation immaturely but the poll was for me to see if there is support for a rule change

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  9. Ah, now I understand. Still, just make sure you think twice before doing an action :)

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  10. a mod locked my thread about why i left mineplex bedrock and how they should listen to the community. Its only the USSR

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  11. The reason it was locked was that it's better suited for a wall post and you were being rude towards the server. I.e: "I quit" threads are against the rules and are better suited for wall posts. www.mineplex.com/rules c:

Posted Sep 26, 2019
  12. Yeah... title's a bit misleading. Sure, threads shouldn't be locked if the OP did nothing wrong, but clearly @swimfan72 's, @KarmaCallama 's, and @akeyfortyseven 's threads were locked because they did break forum guidelines. You are basing your thread off of something that hasn't occurred.

As for locking threads for potential flame wars, I'm pretty sure that issue has been resolved. In the past, I've seen FMs give verbal warnings instead of locking the thread.

Posted Sep 26, 2019
    Thenorn likes this.
  13. Thanks, my name has been cleared :D

Posted Sep 26, 2019
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  14. Just because of the title doesn’t mean that the thread was all about that. It’s obvious they didn’t read the thread and was like “this is bad rep let’s stop the post” but I wrote about how mineplex could improve, and my only criticism was that they don’t prioritize the right things, otherwise it was a compliment that they were doing well. If a book was titled “why I quit” its not necessarily going to be a bad apple on the inside.

Posted Sep 26, 2019
  15. I was referring to this thread (about the misleading title); I should’ve clarified. It doesn’t matter if your “I quit” thread had criticism. It breaks forum guidelines. Now if you wanted to give constructive criticism... that would be perfectly fine.

Posted Sep 26, 2019
  16. Hey,

I can see where you are coming from, but try and look at it from Mineplex's perspective. Mineplex forums and servers aren't as sophisticated as Reddit's. Threads are locked for a good reason. If you have any concerns you should pm a forum moderator, preferably the one that locked your thread in the first place, rather than babbling on about it here.

Posted Sep 26, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  17. I’m not “babbling” about it, and this is the right place to talk about it anyways. This website is very well designed and is capable of handling threads. I don’t need to pm a mod because the point of this thread is to hear other people’s thoughts and responses to the topic of thread locking. The Area 51 threads are not very good examples but they are the most recent ones so I just used them as a quick example, and I can understand there are reasons for one of them to get locked, but the original one had to no reason to get locked. And even if it did the reason presented was not clear/solid.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 26, 2019
  18. Hey, I'm not saying that this isn't the wrong place to post. I'm saying that if a mod locked your thread, you (anyone) can pm a mod asking why they locked their posts and can express their concerns. I wasn't trying to argue with you if you were under the impression that I was, I was just saying what I thought.

Posted Sep 26, 2019
    swimfan72 likes this.
  19. Oh ok my b

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 26, 2019
    Calactic likes this.
  20. Hey
    This topic is brought up a lot whether on the forums or not, so I thought I'd share my thoughts regarding it.
    The Area 51 Raid posts were all locked as the idea was denied. However, Alex decided it was a good idea and implemented the game onto the network. The 'good discussion' was a lot of negative feedback overall, and it was concluded the idea was not fit for the server. That whole situation of denying the idea and later implementing it was a misunderstanding and probably won't occur again for a long while.
    That's precisely the purpose of a thread lock, though without the harsh wording. There's absolutely no reason for players to put so much effort into writing a post when it has already been denied - that's where thread locking comes in. If an idea has been denied, it's pointless for the discussion to continue. And as always, threads can be locked for varying things, but I'm fairly sure this thread addresses threads like the Area 51 Raid post and their denial.
    That's not a fair comparison. Mineplex is a Minecraft server and our forums are a lot different purpose-wise than Reddit, etc.
    The staff member who locked your thread did not deny it because of a rule breaker. The idea was denied, so naturally the thread was locked. Like I said earlier, the idea was obviously implemented but that was merely miscommunication. More goes on underneath denying an idea than a moderator seeing the idea, disagreeing, and locking it.

As a side note for future reference, moderators are not to blame if your thread was locked - as dallarth kindly posted, here are the reasons for a thread lock:
    Staff members are following forum guidelines by locking threads, not on their own accord.

If I'm missing out on anything, feel free to link me with threads you think were unfairly locked. As a general rule of thumb, mess-ups happen everywhere, so keep an open mindset when mistakes have been made.

Posted Sep 26, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.