• 1053 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3632 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mods should not be allowed to lock threads unless a rule has been broken by OP

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by swimfan72, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Even if they removed the mods name the thread still would've been useful to keep open as there is a valid concern about having staff kicking out players. Even if it was a co that kicked him from the game, the mod could've let him back in. There are only three reasons why he would be kicked, either he or a Co was salty about losing, the player was cheating(which doesn't make much sense as the mod could've just banned him.) The only other reason would've been they only wanted friends in the server but in that case they should've just whitelisted it. I think staff should be held to a higher standard on MPS's than normal players.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  2. We're normal players when it comes to an MPS, so whatever the reason was was fine. I've done it many times where I've kicked a player that's joined the MPS because I forgot to whitelist it, they joined right away when I didn't have time to whitelist it or I flat out kicked them for suspicious activity that I can't ban for. Does this mean I should have had a thread created about me because I kicked someone from MY MPS? No. Do I want someone to spread my name around saying I'm salty for some reason or they should be concerned about me kicking players on MY own terms? No. It was done to protect the staff member.

If the person actually had a concern about this, again, he can submit a support ticket about his experience or talk to their mentor/monitor. It more than likely wouldn't get very far though. It's OUR MPS and we're normal players too when it comes to that. It's very silly to say that we aren't allowed to kick people for whatever reason from our own MPS. There's absolutely 0 reason we need to be "held to a higher standard" for something that is on our own terms just like everyone else.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  3. The mod MPS servers are listed at the top of the MPS menu so they tend to get more players. I personally think it's unprofessional for staff to be kicking players out unless it was going to be whitelisted or they are likely cheating.

As for that random guys thread, the name of the mod could've just been censored instead of locking the thread.

Posted Oct 1, 2019
  4. So what? EVENT-1 and streamers/yters MPSs are also at the top and they are also allowed to kick whoever they please, no matter the reason. Our MPS, our rules. It's really not unprofessional at all, just because it's at the top to get more players or get noticed more?

The thread served no purpose to be on the forums then, regardless if mostly everything was taken out. There is no point for it to be discussed anyways, as again, it's our MPS and our rules and that's not changing + it was a personal experience, so he can easily put that on his wall or put it in a support ticket. Putting negative experiences on the forums is fine, but when they don't need to be discussed, they will get locked. We don't need to be professional 24/7, just let us relax and have some fun like a normal player once in a while (which is more than likely what that mod was doing).

Posted Oct 1, 2019
  5. A problem with that specific post is the removing of the proof and mods name. Doing it there may have been to "protect" the mod in question however where is the line drawn? If mods are exposed for corruption or something like that will it just be censored?

Posted Oct 1, 2019
  6. It will always be removed, either by locking the thread or deleting the thread and sending a PM, and directed to a support ticket or to contact their admin/StM with proof. It's immature to even call a staff member out publicly to "shame" them or slander them, whether they did something wrong or not, ESPECIALLY if they did nothing wrong and the context makes it look bad. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be publicly called out either and put in a bad light. Most cases where staff are publicly called out too, they aren't even correct.

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    Thenorn likes this.
  7. See this is the problem with the fourms. You don't agree with an idea or opinion and claim it's never going to be implemented so therefore it should not be discussed and the thread should be locked. Maybe others don't share your opinion. This isn't North Korea.

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    Ender Rivka likes this.

8. They're kinda closing the threads too early, yeah. But if it's been several months, then it's another case.

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    Ender Rivka likes this.
  9. Your basically stating that staff can't have an opinion here, and everyone is entitled to an opinion. You're being completely hypocritical thinking that staff can't have an opinion and have to be the perfect authority figure that shuts down all your fun. Yes I think some threads should be left open for further ideas, even if the idea wasn't to be implemented. But overall, the staff here are competent enough to see when a discussion is derailed from it's original discussion, or if it's just turned into a flame war just to try to make staff look bad.

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    GothicGamer2012 and Lipsticks like this.
  10. Cake Wars Solo for example is never going to be added in the next few years, we aren't leaving that thread open for people to keep bringing it up. It also saves the CoM team and Devs time to look through actual recent and potential ideas, instead of something that's been brought up again and again and has been denied more than I can count. It's also a case by case thing where they may leave denied ideas open to get some discussion.

Here's some quotes that came from a different thread that had very similar concerns as you:

Myself (so this doesn't get confusing later on):
    "I mean to the ideas that we absolutely will not be accepting, or do not need further discussion after being denied, are the ones we usually lock pretty quickly. Like a tag for community just will never be a thing, no matter the changes, and that's final. Other examples are us adding a solo mode for CW, it isn't happening and that's also final. Depending on the idea, we may give it some time, but ideas that are an absolute no and don't need further discussion we will lock. There are other ideas that we deny, but can see potential in if they were different. Those are the threads we leave open."

Nolawn (CoM):
    "Marzie is correct in this case. We try our best to leave certain ideas and suggestions open for awhile so discussion can occur with new ideas specifically. Sometimes, players make a suggestion that’s already been discussed or has been previously denied, which in that case, will most likely be locked as we aren’t looking into discussing the possibility any further of thus idea. And this definitely goes for similar ideas that have been denied many times, such as a Cake Wars Solo Mode that Marzie brought up, and for some other ideas like Gems to Shards, Bringing back the Gem Fountain, etc. We’re always looking for new ideas and suggestions from the community but if it’s the same old idea that’s been suggested again, there’s really not much we’re going to do other than locking it. Anyway, I understand where you’re coming from in this and also we understand as well to keep most threads open for at least 24 hours.

As for your Community Member of the Month idea, it’s been suggested and denied along with similar ideas such as “Player of The Month”. Even if players can only vote for one player a month, or if a player wins they can’t win the award again, a huge amount of biased ness plays into this and it’s just going to become a huge popularity contest. We have a lot of outstanding community members and giving out a reward each month would for one, be quite difficult to manage and moderate and two, would be upsetting and frustrating for those who work their butt off and don’t win the award. I don’t see any realistic way we can implement a Player of the Month award at all so it’s best to say that it’s probably not going to happen for awhile.

Hope this clears some issues up but as for one thing, if you see any ideas team members locking threads too early and you feel that the idea should be open for more discussion, I highly advise you to PM me more about this or you can contact EmmaLie directly as well."

EmmaLie:
    "@ Marzie and @ nolawn pretty much explained everything already but CoM and I will make sure thread locking only happens when it's truly necessary. Ideas that have been suggested and got denied already will most likely get locked quickly though because discussion already took place and a conclusion came out of it. You can always message someone on CoM if you think an idea needs to be revisited."

Now let's actually try to get the thread back to the topic of the OP. Karma you're 100% free to continue this discussion in DMs, but let's not talk about it here anymore as it's going very off topic and I don't want this to end in a flame war either.

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    neropatti, nolawn, Dan1el and 2 others like this.
  11. I agree, some posts that could actually keep a civil discussion are just locked because a staff member decided to give their opinion on the matter and call the thread "resolved"

Never thought that maybe more people after the staff's response has their own share to add into the conversation? Isn't that what the forums are for anyways? Not just for Q/A where the first staff response is the right and only correct answer and no further replies are required.

I agree with all the other reasons that exist though

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    swimfan72 likes this.
  12. Hi
    This post pretty much summarizes my thoughts exactly and it is very well written, thank you @Lila
    I'll quickly clarify the Area 51 threads because not everyone knows what happened there. Those threads were posted and I didn't think we'd have the resources for what is essentially a game based on a meme. Well, I was wrong and wasn't told about it being created until a week or so before it was pushed to the network. Basically just a communication error and it hopefully shouldn't happen again. Just know that CoM doesn't always lock ideas threads after denying them, we only lock when there's no need for discussion to continue. Pretty much 90% of the ideas that get denied, stay denied.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    Lila likes this.
  13. Hello,

To start off, personally I believe that when moderators lock threads for "Concern Addressed" it can be annoying and I believe that the staff team understands that but that's apart of the procedure to help the threads from over flowing in the "Mineplex Chatter" section so only active threads reach the top. This also helps from people to necro post by responding to older threads that are towards the top which are irrelevant.

Secondly, I do believe that this should stop but I am on both sides for this argument. As stated above in this message there is a good and bad side to this because players want to have their own say and express themselves in some of these posts but they go to see a little locked icon next it saying a moderator has locked it.

Kind Regards,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Oct 21, 2019