• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Monster Maze’s problem

Discussion in 'Monster Maze' started by Trunks, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Monster Maze is a very, very, veeeeeeeeeerrrryyy underrated game in Mineplex. It’s fun, has a clear objective, gives more exp, gems and shards than some hardcore games. It was put into beta, and was just left there and then removed... there’s still bugs in the game that have been around since beta if I’m not wrong like the speed glitch. And since it has so many bugs in it, people in Mixed Arcade would rather vote for Evolution than Monster Maze. The game doesn’t even have an active player base anymore just because Mineplex refuses to fix all of its bugs and they all left. Heck even the #1 wins player doesn’t plays it as much. I’m literally the only person who still plays Monster Maze with 700+ wins and there’s only about 14 players who have more than that amount of wins in the game.

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  2. Not sure where you're getting that you're the only one who plays with 700+ wins because @JN_PlayzMC still plays it from what I know. I do indeed enjoy the game as well and understand where you're getting at though

Posted Oct 18, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.
  3. He's the only one who actively plays I can confirm.
    --- Post updated ---
    Been on 4990s for 2 months now xd

Posted Oct 18, 2018
    Trunks likes this.
  4. Hello!

From your description, I think you mean overrated. I do agree with you that bugs have ruined the game. I use to love Monster Maze but since Mineplex mostly let's bugs stay for awhile and then fix them, my interests have drifted away. Something else, not necessarily a bug that destroys gameplay is visible players. In dragon escape, they are invisible so you don't get screened and run off a platform. What about Monster Maze? Many people die in the first few rounds because other players are blocking their vision. Then then just walk off the path into their death.

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  5. Hey!

I have to agree with you. Monster maze is a very underrated game and does not have a very active player base anymore. I wouldn’t say that it’s Mineplex’s fault for not fixing the bugs, I’d say it was never really a popular game. When it was in beta there was not many people playing it and it seemed too hard for some players to get used to. I remember people would complain about the kits and say horrible things about good players. It seemed hard for the casual players to get used to, not knowing that they could only jump five times confused many players who didn’t read the kit description. Also, I am with you and it’s so hard to get people to pick monster maze in mixed arcade, as it’s just not a popular game and probably never will be. Overall, I’d say monster maze wasn’t made to be the most popular game, it was made for people to be able to test their time management and knowledge of the maps to know which way is a shortcut and so on.

- Animalll

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  6. Hello!

I can see your concerns about monster maze never really receiving fixes it was set out for when the beta was released. The simple and real reason is just that Monster Maze was truly never popular. I agree that the game was very simple and fun to play. But when people think monster maze, they don't have much to say about it. It was always viewed as a fun, quick paced arcade game. I do agree that there should have been some updates to fix some of the bugs before the game was rendered unpopular. But unfortunately, it just didn't happen. Also, that's a lot of wins! I never knew someone had that much win in monster maze until now. Amazing!

Enjoy your day!

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  7. You're stating this more of an opinion than a fact. Where is the evidence it was never truly popular? Where did you get "But when people think monster maze, they don't have much to say about it". Clearly this statement is incorrect as I can say many great things about MM and why it's also one of my favorite arcade games. I'd put down some evidence behind those claims before saying them outright, as it doesn't do good to your argument.

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  8. I personally really like monster maze, and I agree it deserves more attention than it currently gets. I can't see it getting any major revamps since it was technically "removed," but I definitely agree it's underrated and deserves some love. Did you have anything in particular that you thought could be implemented in a revamp?

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  9. Fixing all the bugs. Removing Body builder since its currently useless. Adding a new kit which can redirect zombies path? Something like a flare or idk.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2018
  10. Be more specific on a new kit. We'd like to know as much details as possible. Agree with Body Builder removal however. Which bugs are you talking about?

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  11. If you jump facing a monster, you will not get hit and just go through the mob
    Speed glitch ig
    If you sneak in a corner, the monster will not hit you
    A random glitch happens sometimes where instead of the mob launching you upwards, it just pushes you into a hole (I think the cause is speed glitching)
    Pad skip glitch
    Sometimes getting killed by round damage when you are inside of the safepad.

I can't remember if there are more

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2018
  12. Hey! I was speaking in general when I said many people wouldn't have much to say about it. I mean I loved MM but in general, as a whole player base, most people wouldn't have as much to say about it if that makes sense. Monster maze was just monster maze. A game you could play and enjoy, but there wouldn't be many people to go in depth about helping the game. That is what I mean. Hopefully that clarified it.

Posted Oct 18, 2018
  13. I'd still like proof around this, as I see many players say great things about MM. Sure there are some who don't like it, but I have seem a vast majority say positive things around MM.

Posted Oct 18, 2018