• 586 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5946 Players Online
  • 5360 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Monthly Subscription for Bedrock Players

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Amg, Mar 19, 2021.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see Bedrock Monthly Rank Subscriptions?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    75.8%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  1. It's not possible I think

Posted Mar 19, 2021
  2. Ranks can't be obtained from simply completing achievements. Yeah you don't have a rank, but what about us people who paid for our ranks? If ranks were made free in anyway possible then Mineplex would be ruined. The economy for Mineplex would be ruined as well as all of it's ranked players who will most likely start some sort of riot. Ranks shouldn't be free, and hopefully never will be.

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    FluteVegetables and Amg like this.
  3. I think this is a really interesting idea. Since Java has a subscription based rank, I think introducing it to Bedrock as well would be a cool new addition. There are a few things to point out though:
    - There are way more rankless players on bedrock than there are on java, so there might be a lower incentive to purchase a subscription based rank. Part of this is the younger player audience.
    - There will always be a lack of development. Since Immortal brings a new cosmetic onto Mineplex every month, some of the Immortal cosmetics have been... well, pretty lack luster. The perks for this proposed new rank gives additional cosmetics every month, but I'm worried that there will be a lack of ideas to make the rank incentivizing to purchase. It will drain a lot of development to continually come up with new cosmetics every single month that don't get much spotlight when they could be working on other bigger and better things.

Overall, though? I'm not opposed to this idea. It's all about the execution. Immortal introduced an overwhelming amount of new perks, and encouraged a massive amount of the player base - even rankless players - to purchase the new store item. If a lot is brought to the table for these new King & Queen ranks, I'd certainly love to see this implemented.

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  4. I can only imagine the one kid who buys a 12 month subscription on his moms ipad without them knowing

Posted Mar 20, 2021
  5. I agree with this. I was actually thinking about this earlier today,

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  6. Hey Amg!

I really like this idea, but others have made some pretty good points.

It would be great in terms of having more consistency between features on Java and Bedrock. Both platforms have their own series of purchasable ranks in the shop, but only Java has an exclusive subscription rank. Rule-breakers can be reported on both platforms, but only Java has an in-game /report command. You can see where I'm going with this - there are plenty of examples of the ways in which Java has more. Adding a subscription rank to Bedrock would be a big step in having more of a balance. For me, that's the main point as to why this should be implemented: to give Bedrock players all those unique perks and features of a subscription rank that Java players have and they don't.

@rilau made an excellent point in mentioning how most Bedrock players don't have a rank and aren't concerned with purchasing one. Most Bedrock players are pretty young and enjoy spending their time quietly playing their favourite games, by themselves or with friends. The majority don't care about things like their status, or perks, or gaining an advantage over others in that sense. In short, most of the reasons why anyone would go and buy a rank don't apply to much of the Bedrock audience.

I feel it might be risky to spend the dev time working on a subscription rank for Bedrock without knowing more about Bedrock players' general interest in buying it. Because if there isn't a sufficient amount, too much effort would have gone in for something that didn't end up working out. Most business decisions are risky, but this one is far more risky than the decision to implement Immortal on Java for the reasons outlined above. Java players are older; more prominent - they're more inclined to purchase a rank, gaining that advantage, earning those perks, showing off what they have access to. Plus, there are many more features available on Java and more places to use them, therefore creating more of an incentive.

That was all just an extension of rilau's point but unfortunately I think it could be a deal-breaker. At this point in time, it seems too much of a risk to spend the dev time and then roll it out assuming it will generate just as much interest as Immortal on Java. Bedrock does have a higher player count, but like I explained, it's the nature of those players. More players in general doesn't mean more successful - you need more of those type of players who will purchase it. Does Bedrock have them?

I totally understand the advantages, and the revenue it could generate if it worked out. It'd be great for Bedrock players who do actually want it. But remember, there's Mineplex as a business and behind-the-scenes. It's a lot of time, effort and money to spend without first having competent understanding of interest levels. From a business and marketing decision-making perspective, I'd err on the side of caution. I think it's worth more looking into from the people responsible for this to make sure it'd work out as intended, otherwise it could easily end up more unsuccessful than it was worth.

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  7. Kinda confusing though, since the Mineplex lobby is city themed, not medieval themed. Like the general idea though.

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  8. To Start off this sounds like an amazing idea!! I know some people up above have mentioned that Bedrock players consist of younger players, for the most part and that they may not want to buy a rank because they do not dedicate enough time or for whatever reason they would not get the full use out of the rank. However, a subscription rank would be different. With a Subscription, you can decide how long you are planning on using the rank since you would have to renew the subscription every month. Players can buy the rank for a month, play on the server then after the one month is over, they move on. They got to enjoy the rank and did not have to commit for a long period of time to get use out of it. Most likely the subscription would become even more popular than the conventional ranks just like Immortal subscription became very popular on Java edition. Having this rank cost around $6.99 a month and offer a wide range of cosmetics would be very appealing to a kid who wants to play on the server for a short time and have a lot of fun in the process. It would also be a really cool update to Mineplex Bedrock edition and would definitely draw attention. This rank could also allow for Bedrock players to create their own groups on the server without needing to buy Eternal rank which would have no real use for them besides the ability to create a group. The King and Queen rank can for the most part resemble the immortal subscription with the 200% shard boost and animated forum tag etc... Custom commands for the subscription rank could also be implemented like the ability for them to change their tag color or skin. These are just some of my ideas on what the King and Queen rank could possibly look like if it were added. I definitely think that even though this would take a lot of development work, it would be well worth it. With that all being said I give this idea +1.

~Degagelemming95

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    Amg and NuclearLFA like this.
  9. Hello!

I believe that this is a brilliant idea. I believe this can help Mineplex in a business point of view significantly, and it will allow for the bedrock player base a much larger variety of things to shop.

Overall, this idea is a +1 for me! Thanks for sharing!

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    Amg, traincar100 and Degagelemming95 like this.
  10. I mean, they would be separate ranks from the current ones, and they’d be not as good considering your buying it using the million achievements you get. Names I’m brainstorming are “Quest Completer” and “Longtime Player”

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  11. Main thing I’m trying to say, some people are BROKE and are feeling left out with all the perks. Be a Wendy’s and create a four for 4 meal. Not everyone can purchase things.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  12. Okay I don’t think you realize that on bedrock through the marketplace there are no such things as “monthly subscriptions”... honestly I’ve never even seen anything sold in the marketplace that you’d have to renew every month **manually**. I would really hate to keep having to renew it every month. Just my thoughts bc it’s been mentioned so many times yet has never been implemented bc of the way Microsoft and the marketplace work. But if there’s somehow a way to make it work with automatic subscriptions and easy to cancel subscriptions then sure, it’s a +1 from me. I’m just saying that it won’t be the easiest thing to actually pull off...

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  13. I know a rank on a different server is either every 30 days or one year (not sure if it is renewed automatic or to cancel since I don’t have it)

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  14. The other servers have monthly passes? Even mineplex had it for factions years ago

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  15. If you can suggest ranks that aren't the current ones that no ranked players can obtain then go ahead. Either way the current ranks should never be free at all. I don't care what anyone says, they should never ever be free

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  16. Correct , the ranks are very cheap anyway so cheap I Have them all

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    Mothy likes this.