• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8502 Players Online
  • 5612 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

More Interesting Maps.

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by Aeriql, May 29, 2020.

1. I've been playing for a while, and the overall gameplay feels really boring. I think one of the causes of this is the maps. All of them feel pretty much the same, other than a few exceptions such as Sahara and Celebration. I've looked over the requirements for a skywars map, and its way to strict and makes for repetitive gameplay. I think we need more interesting maps, such as Mothership from Hypixel. I believe a reason skywars on Hypixel is so much more popular is that all the maps feel different and a unique experience to play on, while all Mineplex skywars maps feel like the same map over and over. I'm not saying Hypixel skywars is better, But it's more unique and interesting to play on compared to Mineplex. I think loosening up the restrictions for maps or allowing more interesting builds will help the health of the game.

Posted May 29, 2020
  2. Hi!

I personally like the idea of mineplex adding new maps and updates to maps in the near future. Now i saw that you said that you feel like the maps are pretty much the same
    which i do agree upon that they feel like i’m playing the same map over and over again. so i would like to see some new maps in the future.

Posted May 29, 2020
  3. Eh, I'm a bit torn on this idea. On the one hand, some different maps could be interesting, but on the other hand, I can think of more reasons why we shouldn't stray too far from the current maps. One reason would be that I think there would be a huge community backlash, if GI even let radically different maps through. You need to be able to expect how the game is going to go in an overall manner in order to improve. If the type of map changes gameplay too much, it can be hard to improve your skill in the game. Next, maps do take a lot of thought and effort to produce. If you have an idea for a unique map that provides the type of gameplay experience you're hoping for, I encourage you to try to create the map yourself! It could be a fun challenge, and very rewarding if the map made it onto the server.

I appreciate the idea, and would be in favor of some new types of maps, but I don't think we should drastically change each map because it could additionally change the gameplay which I'm not in favor of.

Posted May 29, 2020
  4. Hey!

Honestly, I wouldn't say that I fully agree with this idea, but I think it would be pretty cool to have different styled maps on Mineplex’ skywars. Like you stated, maps like the mothership on Hypixel give skywars a different feel, rather than the same old islands every game. And honestly, I'm not a big fan of that particular map, but I still think that the concept is pretty neat. Overall, I don't agree that the maps are getting too repetitive and boring, but I definitely think that Mineplex should experiment a little bit when it comes to new maps and try to make something with a different concept!

Posted May 29, 2020
    InfiniteLag likes this.
  5. I've spoken to members of GI and they agree. Competitive skywars players don't like playing the same thing over and over, and changing your gameplay style on each map shows a bit of skill and adaptation on your part.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2020
  6. I would be in favor of some new maps however I’m not sure the requirements need to change. The reason behind this is players learn how to play on a style of map and changing this could amuse backlash. Many players would accept is as a new challenge but others would be against it.

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  7. we really dont like playing the same broken game over and over again. fix sw 2020

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and Aeriql like this.
  8. lol? people getting mad over maps? the game is so boring as it is that this mentality of "people will get mad if we make the game more interesting" is just blatantly annoying at this point.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 30, 2020
  9. It would be very difficult to determine playability with diverse variations in maps. Also, some issues with gameplay and layout may not be detected before release because of a lack of guidelines to follow. Without a ‘checklist,’ our job as map testers can be impossibly hard to ensure balance in maps, especially if they are all unique in layout/gameplay and don’t follow a basic guideline. The community would have to weed out issues after launch and the maps may require continuous tweaking after its release, taking away from opportunity to build new maps.

Posted May 30, 2020
  10. Then how are other servers able to have radically different maps from each other to keep unique gameplay? I'm not saying don't follow a set of guidelines but I am saying the guidelines are too strict and repetitive.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 30, 2020