• 889 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9327 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

More often resets for clans?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by GAM, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just an idea that’s been in my mind for a little while. One thing I keep seeing is people complaining about clans popularity falling. But during the first 2 weeks- Month and a half, Clans is popping. The servers are packed and people are enjoying themselves. I believe that Mineplex should focus more on having resets more often, for example every 40 days. On HCF Servers they have to reset every 2 weeks or so. This is to short for clans. One opposition to this idea is that there’s not enough dev time, and what about any bugs. For dev and bugs, I have no idea so if some of you brilliant people could provide any ideas that would be amazing. Have a great day everyone!

-GAM
    Ps-Sorry for horrible grammar this was late at night.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  2. The plan was to have resets every three months, but even for just land resets we need developer time, which we do not have much of. It would be more ideal to use our limited developer time to work on updates that can keep the game new and fresh. However, I will ask around for thoughts and opinions on this to see what the rest of the community will prefer anyway :)

~Xion

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    GAM and Vraz like this.
  3. Resets occurring every 40 days or so is not realistic at all, thats a little more than a month and clans can't even keep up with the goal of a reset every 3 or 4 months. Already brought up, a major restriction is dev time and allocation. HCF servers can reset often because that's what their entire server is based around, Mineplex has dozens of games to upkeep

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    GAM, Vraz and Xion like this.
  4. Yeah, unfortunately the developer time isn’t that great to keep up the 3 month resets because clans isn’t in the only thing on the Mineplex network. 40 days isn’t even enough time for most clans to get dubs of gear anyways. I guess its time to wait long periods of time again just like Season 2, 4, 5 and 5.5 :(.The only season that was actually close to three months was season 3.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  5. Hey!

I'm not a huge clans player anymore, but from what I have noticed, I think clans does need more resets. I think every 3 months is better than every 40 days, as it would be overkill and it would lead to people not playing clans. I would be fine with every 4 months, with a resets being three times a year. I didn't know resets required a lot of developer time, but I think if it was on a schedule like every 4 months, the developers would have optimal time to reset the clans servers and maybe add new features to the next season/half season. Overall, I agree that clans needs more resets, but not as many as you have suggested. Thanks for the post!

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  6. We understand that clans needs more frequent resets, but as of now, it's not a very likely scenario.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    GAM, Xion and Animalll like this.
  7. eh, most people quit clans past the first month after reset anyways, at least its something to wait for.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  8. I mean I'm not super sure on how development heavy simply resetting the map and the economy are.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  9. Very. Resetting the map requires collaboration from several higher-up staff members. All of the databases have to be reset, including gold, clans, warpoints, etc. The files containing player metadata must also be cleared. The new overworld must be pasted in to the borderlands map, along with the spawns, shops, and fields, which may be done by the build team, as I am not sure how much developer involvement that last one would require. If any new features are implemented, the plugins have to be loaded up and replaced with newer versions. And finally, stuff must be tested. Furthermore, the shop NPCS might have to be replaced, altho that depends how their system works.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  10. I mean most of that doesn't seem like it'd take that much time and could be done rather quickly with a program replacing things with the default of zero. New features wouldn't have to be added in, just having a reset every one to two months with new features added alongside some of them. Also not to be offensive but how do you know all of this, both of us are just speculating as no one here has ever reset a clans server.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  11. Hey GAM,

Thanks for your thoughts on this. The members of Game Insights have explained it quite well. To put it simply - we don't have the dev time right now. If you have any other questions or concerns, you're welcome to message me.

Thread locked, idea addressed.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
    NightmareWubz and Coyly. like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.