• 1359 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1359 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

More Void Maps

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by CHRlSTlAN, May 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi, I am unsure if this is the proper place to be posting this but since it is for Bridges I will post it here. I think that there is a need for more void maps. It would make kits like Archer and Destructor much more useful. For example, the only maps where you can truly use those kits are Skylands, Floof, Seasons, Arcanimus, or Shroomsville. They can be used on a high water map (like Warring Reborn) as well. There are so many shallow water maps, too many to make the achievement kit, Destructor, or other kits like Archer useful. For example, on Desolation or Volcanic Islands, you can literally build to mid because the water is so shallow. I think that the addition of more void maps would provide more incentive to work towards the destructor kit, and allow lesser used kits like Archer to be used more. Again, I am not a builder and this is just a suggestion.

Posted May 7, 2020
    otist likes this.
  2. If you want more void maps make more void maps. Forcing builders to work on one specific minigame they might not want to is a bad idea, and has been publicly denied - t3hero made a sticky thread on the topic.

Posted May 7, 2020
  3. like I said, I am not a builder and this is just an idea.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 7, 2020
  4. I like this idea, although Builders don't like making multiple maps for the same game. If you don't want to build the maps or get someone you know to build the maps, it most likely won't happen.

Posted May 7, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  5. Yo!

I totally understand where you are coming from. I've noticed a lack of void maps as well. Void maps allow the strength of each kit to really change. Most of the time, I will go Berserker but maps that have higher water or void allow me to use other kits like destructor which can cause players to fall off the map usually to their doom. However, if we do add more void maps. The frequency of Skybasing will increase. An example of this is Floof. Floof is one of the stronger maps regarding resources and skybasing. You're able to skybase pretty far out in the void making it harder for other teams to attack you. But the Skybasing "issue" won't be that big of an issue. Players who can go Bomber, Desctrucor, or even Archer could coordinate together to take down the Skybase. In conclusion, I do agree that there should be an increase of Void maps to be added. +1

Posted May 9, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  6. Hey!

Personally, I'm not a fan of void maps since you need to be aware of how far you're digging down, otherwise you'll fall into the void. However, in this situation, I totally understand where you're coming from. And now that you've mentioned it, there really isn't too many void maps, mostly just water maps. So, with that being said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add more void maps to balance it out a bit, as well as making it easier for the Archers and Destructors to get more kills. Overall, this is a great idea, I'm all for it!

Posted May 9, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  7. Hi!

I personally enjoy the void maps more than the others. I may be a bit biased considering most of my favorite Bridges maps are void maps. However, I think having more void maps adds some balance to the game in a way, it provides more variety, and "buffs" some of the kits that would often get rejected for others.

When one team often gets stacked with diamond gear, most people would see the game as over. But, if some lucky underdogs get a good location, they can w-tap the diamond overlords into the void. On water maps, most iron players would easily get stomped by the diamonds, but I feel the void maps keep the fight even. I may not have explained it very well, hopefully this doesn't seem like a noob trying to justify killing those who worked harder to get gear :/

It's clear that certain kits are always chosen on water maps. Beserker and brawler are the most common players I run into when playing. The void maps can change the meta to where kits like archer, destructor, and even appler can have a chance being able to use their range for the better. Right now, with more than double the water maps as there are void maps, the kits above get outclassed by the first ones I mentioned.

If you read this whole thing, thanks! I know I only scratched the surface of the issue, and I understand the build team is busy with other games. Especially since The Bridges got an update not too long ago...

You guys seem to hint that other people outside of the Mineplex team could help with the adding of void maps, what did you mean by that, if you meant it at all?

Posted May 12, 2020,
    Last edited May 12, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  8. Thanks for your input! Anyone can actually submit a map. It has to meet the criteria (there is a forum post about the criteria for each map for each game). I also did not know this until recently!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 12, 2020
  9. Hey there!

I agree that a couple more void maps should be added. I’m not sure what you think about this but i feel like other new players playing bridges would get a little frustrated if they kept on dying to a destructor repeatedly. The maps sort of balance out so a destructor doesn’t always have an advantage. Let me know what you think.

Posted May 12, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.