• 578 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9016 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Most Annoying Strategy?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Evira, Sep 24, 2019.

1. There was a match a while ago when a teammate and I had to chase a Chicken in Hyrule Modified. The Chicken would flap to the top of the castle, then the moment we got on top, he'd fall down behind the castle, circle it then flap to the top of the tree at the lower ground. We'd chase him and then he flaps back to the top of the castle and the cycle kept repeating. If either one of us is waiting at the bottom of the castle where he'd fall, he would flap right away from the top of the castle to the top of the tree at the lower ground again.

The reason it's so annoying for me is because I was using the Iron Golem kit and couldn't get to high places like the Chicken was doing. It took us about 20 minutes before we finally got him.

What was the most annoying type of strategy you've encountered? :3

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  2. I haven't played SSM in a while, mainly because my computer will soon be eligible for a funeral, but I have some bad memories regarding the Chicken kit too. There was this map with islands and trees where they could always escape and do it faster than my Blaze kit could when Firefly was on cooldown. In a few months I should be getting a new PC so that could mean a return to this game, which I have fond memories of.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  3. Glad to hear that. I look forward to your return :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  4. Similar experience with a chicken on that really big sky map with the tall trees. I got starved out trying to chase him down, worst game of my life. Really says something about a kit though when it's most viable way to win is to run away until people starve. I do have to mention, magmas who play similar to that are equally if not more annoying.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  5. Chicken on Oriental Gardens was extremely annoying. Chicken could go from the top to the bottom and from the bottom to the top extremely quickly and there wasn't a lot you could do. Could go beneath the map to stall more as well. Stall magma on basically any big map can be hell to play against too if you're not playing spider or wolf- those two can also stall very, very well; especially spider. Stall spider probably comes 2nd place for me after oriental chicken actually (maybe even worse?) It's basically impossible to beat by certain kits if the spider plays well enough.

Also, regarding that chicken on teams situation you mentioned- couldn't one of you stayed at the top of the tower?

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  6. Hey there!

I agree this map extremely annoying, certain for the people that have the strategy of camping or a hit and run method. I've always found that playing wolf is a brilliant way of chasing and killing a chicken, hitting them with club tackle is the perfect way of killing them unless they manage to flap out of it. Not to mention, you can always fight fire with fire. Play chicken yourself and give them a taste of their own medicine if that's how you feel!

The other alternative is to always vote a different map during the waiting lobby. Maps I would recommend that are anti - camp ideal would be

Glacier, Radiant Reef, Enigma, Blizzard, Tectonic islands and similar. I could think of a lot more but I'm in a noisy and busy college environment at the moment. I hope I could help you with some alternatives of how to deal with this player!

Overslow

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  7. i don't like when people use a hacked client it's really unfair

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  8. What's poppin!

Probably the most annoying strategy I've used is just moving around the map and attacking people at random. So basically I did guerrilla warfare tactics to where I didn't fight them head on. Afterwards I would just run away and hide until my health restored. I know it's really cheap and makes me sound like a coward but hey whatever tactics work is the one's I'm using. (Also I just wanted to tell ya'll what tactics I've used. I read the thread.)

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  9. I know it's a valid strategy, but I don't like it when people use ways to start combos. Snowballs, eggs, fishing rods, etc. It's pretty annoying to get stuck in a loop where you can't even hit someone because of the constant things being thrown in your face. On top of that, it comes off as pretty tryhardy even if most people use it nowadays.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  10. Hey,

I've had similar fights with high-level players that are tryhardy. I am a tryhard and I usually compete at a high-level. (Usually UHC, SG, or SW) It is a valid strategy and I get that it can get annoying for players who just want to compete, well, because they want to have fun, but keep in mind players like me try and get the best stats and the Champion Title; also it comes across as boring to some of us if we don't use rods. Again, I understand it can come off as annoying to go against a high-level player.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  11. ehs ehs em sub-forum...

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    CubicB and Xukuri like this.
  12. Literally just playing Magma Cube is the most annoying strategy one can use.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  13. I see the general consensus of the most annoying strategy is stalling Chicken/Magma :D

OP OP
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  14. Came across a chicken today that was doing that on hyrule and spamming missles but when I got him to two stocks and snatched the smash he rage quit. One of the few times I proabaly would've used the crystal

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  15. Heh, he must've read this thread xD

OP OP
  16. [QUOTE=" could always escape and do it faster than my Blaze kit could when Firefly was on cooldown. In a few months I should be getting a new PC so that could mean a return to this game, which I have fond memories of.[/QUOTE]
    Ehem. Blaze Firefly basically has no cooldown in general lol.

Posted Sep 26, 2019
  17. 8 seconds :p

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 26, 2019
  18. playing against slime, cube, wither skelly, chicken, and spider on any map with extremely varied terrain

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  19. Might be wrong on this but I thought the cooldown starts at the start of the firefly use not at the end.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  20. @Niervaco Care to clarify? :O

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 27, 2019