• 1545 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9983 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mountain house

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by FriendNoah, Jul 28, 2019.

1. I built this mountain house in about two hours and a half. I'm surprised in how well the mountain came out and i can see the difference from when I first started lol.

https://imgur.com/a/2w4QcUg - Link to screenshots

Let me know what you think :)

Edit- I added some Normal vanilla screenshots without shaders.

Posted Jul 28, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2019
    Omegza likes this.
  2. I want to start by saying the framing combined with the shaders in the first photo of the Imgur album makes for a really beautiful screenshot, so nice job on that :).

When I first saw this post, I was going to comment on how I wasn't a huge fan of the white pane windows, but they have grown on me quite a bit. I think they complement the house and the surrounding build very nicely, though certain angles with the shaders can make them look a little too opaque.

The waterfall streaming from the tree is very pretty, and your stone texturing in the cliff is a nice touch. Great job on the build, and I look forward to seeing what you produce in the future.

Posted Aug 3, 2019
  3. Hiya!

I really liked your choice of shaders and the angles you took the screenshots from. I also really like how the house keeps it's mountainy (if thats a word) feel to it as its sort of built directly into the mountain instead of making it stand out. I personally am not that much of a builder so I'm not sure if my opinion really counts lol but I really like this, great job!

Posted Aug 3, 2019
  4. You are talented! When I build I just end up copying someone, this looks really original and it almost seems natural and like this is an actual part of minecraft you can find. Well done!

Posted Aug 3, 2019
  5. Hey
    So much talent!! Firstly, I like the whole mountain feel with this map, and how you integrated the house on the mountain, very good job for doing that. I also think the pathway leading from the bottom of the mountain house to the top is really cute and is a good distinguisher of where the main entrance to the house is. The two big trees on either side are awesome too! The waterfall is also so cool, I like how it is different and comes from under the side of one of the trees. Nice work with leveling the ground so that it still looks realistic but not over the top bumpy.

My suggestions to improve your build:
    - Perhaps you could add glowstone or lanterns around so if this map is intended for nighttime play too, it is easier to see and also looks a whole lot nicer.
    - If you wanted to spice up the build, you could experiment with adding in some bright colors, whether that be in the house or outdoors.
    They're just my two personal suggestions. Really impressive build anyhow.

Posted Aug 3, 2019
  6. This is a very impressive build, especially considering the fact that it only took you two and a half hours to do! I really like the large trees and the shaders make the screenshots very pleasing to look at. My only suggestion is to consider adding light-producing blocks like lanterns or glowstone to the dark areas of the build, such as the pathway leading up to the house. Overall, this is a fantastic build. Great job!

Posted Aug 3, 2019