• 912 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3491 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion (MPS) Free Build Gamemode

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Nat, May 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. After recently seeing @Thexs MPS idea. (The ability to build in MPS lobbies) It has sparked a a suggestion in my mind!
    + For either MPS or CPS
    A new game mode for the people of the community who enjoy building. The game would include a large plot that all the players are able to build on together. This would be the opposite of Master Builders, for the players are building WITH each other instead of AGAINST.

1.) The build will save.
    2.) Players have as much time as they desire. (No time limit)
    3.) Of course, TNT and red stone items removed. (There may be a lot more that is needed to be blocked from using.) (To ensure no one is able to lag the server)
    4.) This could potentially encourage rank purchasing if one really wants to be able to free build with friends.

As for inappropriate building and/or players who will troll and ruin the work. - Yes, there will likely be improper builds and builders, but there are ways to combat those:

- /Whitelist. Making the server a private server.

- Giving the owner the ability to take away certain players building powers, even during the game.

- MPS hosts and co-hosts are capable of kicking players through /menu.

- When kicked, the player would have their building removed. (They are not there any longer and the huge chance of their building being inappropriate.)

All feedback wanted! Inform me of any idea additions or removals.

Posted May 10, 2019,
    Last edited May 12, 2019
  2. Since this is a new game, is there a way to win or is it endless and just stop when they get bored? I don’t really see a need to add a game just to MPS for infinite building. If it’s just a game mode, it sounds like group building which could be done elsewhere since majority of cooperative builders do that. 0 on this

Posted May 10, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  3. No way to win, a way for people to pass the time and enjoy building with each other. Yes, until they get bored, or when someone is in a call and doesn’t want to play any other games. (To keep them on MP) I don’t see there to have to be a need to win in this case, for it’s a private server. Master builders is each persons own build, where they would win in that case. (There are many other games with the possibility to win.) I know a multitude of players that would thoroughly enjoy being able to goof around with each other. By “somewhere else” do you mean another server, I do not get what you mean? That’s not the point. Nonetheless, thank you for the feedback! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 10, 2019
  4. Thank you for mentioning me. <3

Posted May 10, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  5. Of course! :))

OP OP
    Thexs likes this.
  6. Maybe as an addition, players with build mode on could have the ability to leave the mps game right when they die to allow them to build if they please. This would be able to be turned off in their hotbar by right-clicking a piece of wood.

Posted May 10, 2019
  7. Thank you for the addition, Thexs!

OP OP
  8. Wow, this is a great idea, @WhoIsNat! I would like to suggest a few changes, though. I love the idea about a creative plot where friends can build together on the sever, but am not the biggest fan of the build going away once you leave the MPS. Say you spent hours on one build that you are proud of, but leaving the MPS would just erase all your hard work. To counter this idea, however, I would suggest moving the creative plots to communities. There could be co-lab build plots (similar to the Staff build plots in lobbies) in the community MPS server! This fixes the issue of loosing your build. This is just a suggestion, however, but feel free to let me know your thoughts! :)

Posted May 10, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  9. I greatly appreciate your suggestions! Thinking about it, the build save is a significant recommendation. It would be very unpleasant to lose all the work done, additionally people would be able to work on it in multiple sessions. Especially the community MPS! Once I learned more about it, I really like the idea and am going to make improvements. Thank you!

OP OP
  10. To be honest, I really like the sound of this idea. I think being able to build with friends is a super relaxing thing, and adding a game such as this to Mineplex would be a pretty good idea. Granted, this might take a long time to code, but I think that it can be done in a reasonable amount of time. I'm not really a huge fan of the fact that there is no winner, just an endless game where you only stop when you get bored of building, but for the most part I really like the sound of it. I also like how the builds save, and I also really like the different methods of combating people who make inappropriate builds.

Overall, this is a really solid idea, and I think it would be a great addition to the server!

Posted May 10, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  11. Hey!

I really like this idea honestly, not only would it give players more things to do inside of a Mineplex Player Server, it would give players a place to express their creativity. One small suggestion though, instead of a standalone game, perhaps a small, specific area in the MPS lobby? This would also contribute to the inappropriate build issue, in my opinion, because the MPS owner would have to give a player permission to build before they would be able to.

Overall, it's a really good idea in my opinion!

Posted May 10, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  12. I'm someone who spends a lot of my time in my MPS with friends, and I really like this idea. I do, however, agree with Jadguar, limiting this to community servers. I don't think this would take a lot of time to implement either since this can all be accomplished within normal minecraft behaviors (creative, etc.) If this were to be added, I don't know how I feel about players being in actual creative mode rather than survival with flight and infinite block access. There are many exploits/cheats where players can dangerous items such as potions to kill other people and lag-inducing items.
    Yes, MPS hosts and co-hosts can remove players from the MPS through /menu.

Overall, I really like how this idea sounds and I'm surprised there isn't something similar on Mineplex already. Great idea! +1

Posted May 10, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  13. Personally I think it'd be really nice to see a creative type gamemode added to Mineplex. The only game close to that currently is Master Builders, and even then the whole purpose is to build to a specific theme within a somewhat short time limit. A small area to build in MPS's sounds like it could be a really fun addition, and I think the main thing that would hold it back is the high possibility for inappropriate builds. Sure, if the Host/Co-Host needs to give perms to build first, I think that could help a bit, however there's always the possibility that they'd abuse it themselves.

No matter where it's implemented, there's always the risk of players making inappropriate builds, and I think this would be a fun idea if there are some ways added to prevent abuse. Compared to most games on Mineplex, a chill creative type addition for building would be nice if you just want to relax and have fun.

Posted May 11, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  14. That is a fascinating concept what you have, and I like it! I think that it will be a great addition to all the players who want to build or being a pro at their creativity. I am not good at building in general, but I only do a simple build. The only thing that I don't like about the new gamemode is that player may troll. This includes like exploit, inappropriate build, and so on. I wish if there is a reporting tool for a "Free Build Gamemode," but they end up abusing it in the end.

Overall, it is a nice and calm gamemode that they want to relax. I will give a +1 towards your idea, so great job what you have! Keep up the great work! :)

Posted May 11, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  15. I like this idea +1 as I love building!

Posted May 11, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  16. Thank you for all the idea compliments and critiques! I don’t want to spam up the chat by quoting all the comments but I will address some aspects!
    Thank you for the correction, I fixed it!
    Additionally, creative mode does seem like it would be too much. With the different items available to players on 1.8 to 1.14, it would make it difficult. I like the infinite block access! But, thinking about it. I do believe Master Builders is in creative mode, so perhaps it would be the same selection? Thank you :)

Interesting! I like the idea of it being in the MPS lobby.
    Yes, I hope the coding wouldn’t be too much! Perhaps there could be building contests? I am not sure how to tweak it to where there is a winner. ):

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2019
  17. The only thing I'm a little iffy about is the saving aspect. I feel this would be quite resourceful, but who knows - I'm not a Dev. I obviously like the idea of this, being a Builder. People often ask me to "build them something" in lobbies which I cannot do unless I have access to gamemode (or on the staff lilypad ofc).

Posted May 11, 2019
    Sally Acorn and Nat like this.
  18. This is definitely an interesting idea. Having a gamemode like this would attract a lot of people who have a passion for building. In addition, this will really encourage players to purchase a rank, which is a major plus. As beneficial as this gamemode sounds, however, there are a couple of downsides.

For one thing, players may construct inappropriate builds. This would require a heavy amount of moderation. In addition, removing redstone and other lag-inducing items may deter some redstone enthusiasts. These problems would likely require a lot of work to solve.

Although there are some problems that come up with adding this feature, I do think it will be worth its downsides. This idea has a lot of potential, and I would love to see this implemented in the future!

Posted May 11, 2019,
    Last edited May 11, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  19. Hello,

I've always loved to see this idea implemented, but there are always some problems with this.

First of all, giving free build to random people just doesn't work out very well. There will always be those people who make inappropriate builds and just abuse the feature, in general, destroying the server entirely or finding a way to make a lag machine.
    To fix this, I'd suggest they implement a special lag meter and if a user's server goes above a certain amount of ram, then it automatically clears half the items or initiates a special sequence to get rid of the blocks causing lag (stopping flow, stopping anything that's falling, stopping particles, etc.). The amount of RAM given to an MPS could increase per rank giving an incentive to buy higher ranks.
    To fix the second point I outlined, I think if someone builds something inappropriate and a moderator punishes it, then they're rank automatically gets removed and they get banned for severity two gameplay offense. The unfortunate fact of the matter is there aren't enough moderators to go around to MPS and since the /report button is nonexistent, there would be no real way to moderate these MPSs making the idea far-fetched and hard to implement.

Second, "Saving the map" is something that I wouldn't see Mineplex doing at all. Saving would require storing it and that costs money, something which Mineplex just doesn't like to spend very much. Therefore, if Free Build were a thing, then saving the map I could never see saving a map a thing.

This is a good idea for fixing the first problem I outlined.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted May 11, 2019
    Nat likes this.
  20. Hello there,
    Absolutely digging this idea. I was honestly thinking about suggesting this myself uwu but it seems as if you've beaten me to it. Nonetheless, I fully support your idea. I'm all in for players to display their creative outlook to the game and what better way to do it in a building brawl. I've always been facinating with building, unfortunately not being as talented myself, and have always been eager to try out new things. This idea definitely fits into the category of opening up new opportunities for the community to get to know each other in their own creative ways. I'd love to see this in action.

I feel as if when an MPS host/co-host kicks a player, it'll be that their build is also deleted with them, and I'm pretty sure that's what you were going here and I'm just here to clarify :) Great job again!

Posted May 11, 2019
    Nat likes this.