• 353 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2932 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Murder Mystery!

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by xGetRektedx, Dec 9, 2019.

?

Should Murder Mystery be added to Mineplex Bedrock and Mineplex Java?

1. Yes!

66.7%
  2. No. (please explain why)

33.3%
  1. Hey, everyone! So, I think it would be amazing if Mineplex added a Murder Mystery to Bedrock and Java! I think it would encourage more players to play Mineplex. I've played Murder Mystery on various servers, and I have found it quite enjoyable to play. It would also be another way for players to earn XP, if they're not good at PVP. I really like the idea of adding Murder Mystery to Mineplex Java and Mineplex Bedrock, and I hope this idea gets accepted. *As a few people have stated, it would be copying other servers, but if Mineplex were to create its own Murder Mystery, that way it would not be copying other servers (maybe even give it a different name). @FluteVegetables had a good idea you could consider! Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day! ^^

Posted Dec 9, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 9, 2019
    jngle and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  2. This is just directly copying other servers.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  3. I don’t think this should be implemented because there are alot of other things that need work on the server before this. It is a good idea though.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  4. I agree with flutevegetable and i think mineplex would get a lot of hate because people would say mineplex copied murder mystery from another big server. this would just create a bad image of mineplex.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  5. It isn't really copying other servers if Mineplex creates it's own Murder Mystery

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 9, 2019
    Thexs and zHalo like this.
  6. Hello,

I completely agree with @LordOfTeeth, it's a complete copy of other servers. Personally, it'd be amazing if this were added and it possibly could increase player count but it could completely backfire aswell. I highly suggest that you could think more about this idea to create a Mineplex version of this with its own features and add ons to the game.

For now, -0.5.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  7. If there is a way that they can set it apart from other server's versions of it, I'd be more than happy to see a game like that added to Mineplex. I think those types of games are pretty fun, and I bet a game like that could boost Mineplex's player count.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    xGetRektedx and zHalo like this.
  8. If this were implemented, plex should do something to set it apart like block hunt. Maybe where the innocents can fight back or something like that.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  9. That would actually be really cool!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 9, 2019
    Thexs likes this.
  10. it's like when they added cake wars and claimed it was different than bed wars

Posted Dec 9, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 9, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  11. Similar ideas have already been created, and one includes my own. Here they are and I would really consider reading the feedback provided on these threads to see why or why not it should be added.
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/murder-mystery.76851/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/mafia-in-mineplex.71892/

In my personal view, I would like to see murder mystery games in Mineplex, though it can't be too similar to what other servers already have with murder mystery.

Also, this thread belongs in the new game ideas section.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    Thexs and xGetRektedx like this.
  12. How would the game work? We need to add something unique to this to ever get this implemented, because otherwise we're just copying other servers. If like @FluteVegetables said that the innocents should fight back, how would that work? If we add, I don't know, necromancy, how would it be balanced?

If you could say how this would be different from other servers in as much detail as possible, it'd be great :D Also, like with every new game, how can we make sure it will bring new players to Mineplex, instead of further splitting up the playerbase? This issue is abnormally large for this game, because it's a generic and empty idea, right now.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  13. Heyo!
    I agree with @BlackConfig and @LordOfTeeth because this is direct up- not unique.
    So -1 from me. Sorry pal!
    Ta Ta,
    Gardevoir

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  14. Definitely agree on the idea of murder mystery in mineplex. It gets kind of boring when it's the same games over and over! Mineplex shouldn't exactly copy the idea of another server.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  15. I agree with this! Mineplex NEEDS a new game and this could be it!

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    jngle likes this.
  16. Im going to have to be the debbie downer and disagree with this. Here on bedrock there is a lot of problems rn and also murder mystery would be copying another server whether you agree or not it is copying no matter how much you change.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    FoxCatcher likes this.
  17. Heyo!

As many people stated mineplex needs more unique games not games that were already made. Your saying that it would bring more players to the server but the thing is why wouldn't a player just go to another server to play murder mystery. Also there are other games that don't need much PvP like BH, BLD and SB, Also as @LordOfTeeth said this would be directly copying other servers.
    Overall this game wouldn't need to be on mineplex due to that other servers have it and it wouldn't be that unique to the servers and it would kinda be copying other servers. -1

Have a nice day!

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  18. The OP never said that it had to be exactly like other servers' versions of it.

Murder Mystery has been an absolute hit on other servers. There is no reason to believe that people on Mineplex won't enjoy it as well. Countless people have brought up that they want a version of the game on the server.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    FoxCatcher likes this.
  19. I have to agree to this game! I have played Murder Mystery on lots of servers and I think it would encourage a lot of people to play Mineplex. Great idea! (It would not be copyright if Mineplex created its own version as some people have already stated)
    +1

Posted Dec 12, 2019
  20. I think it should be added, but you can't just copy it. You need to make it unique and add a twist to it. If you can't its going to be denied I guaranty.

Posted Dec 12, 2019