• 905 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9343 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My chats/messages are invisible?

Discussion in 'Help' started by rohie, Apr 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. for some reason, no one can see my messages. i can see theirs however they cant see mine. i resorted to using my pet to talk, however now even if i type a normal word it says 'pet names cannot contain profanity'. ive tried this with three different people, two of which had been on the server for almost two years, and a newest one who still cant see my messages. i thought maybe they couldnt see mine because we were friends? so i unfriended them and they still couldnt see my messages. My username is XxGamerRohiexX and ive been playing mineplex for a while, and this has never happened before.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  2. When you send your messages, can you see your own messages, like does it show up for you? If not, try restarting Minecraft.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
  3. Hello Rohie. It appears that you have been ghost muted, or Microsoft muted. It doesn't have to do anything with us, it is a Microsoft issue where when you type a message, no one will be able to see it. To help you out, I'll leave a quote from another thread as to how you may be able solve this problem (Credit to @Luigiiz).

Have a nice day!
    ~BasicT

Posted Apr 16, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  4. i can see my own messages yes, it shows up, but everyone else cant
    --- Post updated ---
    i think it does have something to do with mineplex. I can talk just fine on every other server, and everyone can see my messages; its just on mineplex that i cant. its also the same with my second account on mineplex, my messages arent seen. i'm sure it isnt my xbox because ive checked both so im not really sure what the problem is.
    --- Post updated ---
    i think it does have something to do with mineplex. I can talk just fine on every other server, and everyone can see my messages; its just on mineplex that i cant. its also the same with my second account on mineplex, my messages arent seen. i'm sure it isnt my xbox because ive checked both so im not really sure what the problem is.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 16, 2019
  5. This might be because you're muted as others said. I suggest typing /ph in the chat to see if you're muted or was punished.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  6. I typed /ph and nothing happened. I’m on Mineplex pe (bedrock?) but I play on windows 10, so I don’t think it works for me

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 16, 2019
  7. Ah, then I don't know how to check on Bedrock.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  8. Hey Rohie! I think that you are experiencing Ghost Mute, AKA Microsoft Mute. Many people, typically high - level and ranked, have this glitch. What is happening is that the server is not receiving your message. To confirm if you have ghost mute or not, type a random character into the chat, and then send the same character. For example, !, then ! again. If the server says “the message is too similar to previous message” , that means that you aren’t ghost muted. If it doesn’t say “similar to previous message, you are indeed ghost muted. You haven’t done anything wrong, it randomly occurs to people. There are ways to fix this problem, don’t worry!
    I read a thread that helped to fix my ghost mute, so you should check it out! The link is below.
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/see-this-if-you-are-ghost-muted-bedrock.33293/
    Hopefully it works for you, and that you’ll be unghostmuted if you are actually ghost muted.

- Former Ghost Mute, ScarletBlood37

Posted Apr 22, 2019
  9. Hey!

This seems like (as others have said) you are experiencing a shadow mute, you can read through this thread for a bit more information - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/see-this-if-you-are-ghost-muted-bedrock.33293/ you can also message a member of the staff team and they will be willing to provide you with more information on the topic and they may be able to offer you guidance on how to advance, in particular, members of the Bedrock staff team are particularly good people to go to.

Sadly, there is nothing Mineplex can do to assist you with this issue. Given this I am going to lock the thread, if you have any more questions please feel free to message me on the forums

Thread Locked - Concern Addressed

Posted Apr 23, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.