• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7074 Players Online
  • 4184 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned My Idea on a new kit for speed builders

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by coqy, May 28, 2020.

1. I'm aware that speed builders has only one kit and has had no acheivement kit for the longest time. I feel as if players should be rewarded a kit after doing all the acheivements just as in many other games. So for this kit I would call it peeker, and the kit itself would give you a single free pass if you have forgotten a build or so. Lets say you're playing a very competitive game with great players and you forgot a build. If you have forgotten the build and wish to pass that round you would use the ability of the kit to give you a image of where blocks are placed and a overview of the build.

I feel as if this would be a cool idea and the fact that there was no acheivement kit for the longest time could for real be a cool feature to be added.

Posted May 28, 2020
  2. I think that this would be kind of cool. I think that it would be a good and bad to use the ability to see the build because it would take up a couple of seconds of your build time. The only thing I would change is to not make it a achievement kit. One of the achievements is to win I think 10 games, this means that anyone with the achievement kit would already be familiar with all the build.
    Overall I like the idea. +1

Posted May 28, 2020
  3. Seems pretty cool, but if you have all of the achievement’s you already have a pretty big advantage over noobs, as you’ve played that much, but still pretty good idea.

Posted May 28, 2020
  4. Hey! A bit late to this idea, but I wanted to give my thoughts on it. First of all, I think it would be nice to be rewarded for getting all the achievements, or maybe this might just be a normal kit you can buy with gems. Either way, it would certainly make the game different. You could save it to the end, when your opponent already used theirs, and win because of it. However, this idea has some huge downsides that I'd like to mention.
    1. Speed Builders is one of the most fair games on the server. If you lose, it's most likely because your opponent played better than you, and not because of a silly kit disadvantage. There are no kit advantages in Speed Builders, and it makes the game beautiful. Kits in SB have been denied by Game Insights many times, mainly due to the fact that the game is fine how it is now.
    2. The kit you propose is not intuitive. Nearly every kit on the server requires skill or gameplay strategy to use. Aside from when you use it and when you don't, this kit isn't intuitive at all because all it takes is 1 click, and you basically get the build for free. Whereas, with almost every other kit on the server, you need skill to hone this advantage to make yourself more powerful.
    3. Adding on to the previous point, You can be facing off against an opponent and go all the way to round 25. All of a sudden, there is a really tough build that neither of you are able to complete. You have the achievement kit, whereas they do not. You win solely on the fact that you had that achievement kit and they didn't. Although this occurs in many games like I previously mentioned, it requires skill to use that kit to your advantage and achieve the victory. In addition, every other game has a default kit that gives you some sort of advantage. However, in speed builders, if you don't have this achievement kit, you basically don't have a kit at all, which is a huge drawback that cannot be overlooked.

So, overall, I don't hate the idea, I just don't think it would enhance the game or make it better. Although it wouldn't ruin the game, I don't think it would be a step in the right direction. However, I am hoping that one day, there will one day be a reward for getting every achievement in games with no kits, such as a cosmetic! Thank you for your suggestion, have a great day! <3

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  5. It seems a bit overpowered so it would definitely need to be tweaked a bit, but I like the concept of this kit. For a few seconds, being able to see the build would be useful but dangerous if you are low on time. Considering this would be a one-use-only ability, it wouldn't make the game too broken.

+0.5

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  6. Hey!

I think that if we were to implement kits into games that currently have none such as Gladiators, Master Builders, Draw my Thing, etc. then we would need to scrap the 'default' kit and add an array of kits in its replacement. If we were to add an achievement kit to Speed Builders as you are suggesting, then nobody at all would use the default kit and instead use the achievement kit. It's very important that we maintain kit balancing as having one kit that is a no-brainer to use is very problematic and defeats the purpose of having kits in the first place. I'm not against your idea as I think it sounds kind of cool, but we can't just add another kit to a game that has historically only had one kit.

Overall, I think that your suggestion can only be implemented if we add a number of kits alongside it and remove the classic 'speed builder' kit. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    evildoer likes this.
  7. Hello,

GI has discussed your idea and it has been denied since we aren't adding kits that affect gameplay.

I'll be marking this thread as "Not Planned".

Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Aug 12, 2020