• 660 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8433 Players Online
  • 7773 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My issue with the trainee aplication.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SoulGhoul, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have a few issues.

1: we dont need dicord to communicate with other staff. discord is not in anyway safe. and im not getting it. Solution: Just make it a private mineplex conversation, and since its an offical mineplex convo, add loads of people.

2: how does age affect this? for one, age is just a number, and for another, if this were the case than making it age 14 dose not in anyway your case. Solution: you should either bump back the age restriction or push it further

there are a few other things but those are the major things

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  2. Agreed I want to become a trainee and have the exact same problems.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  3. Ditto. i report hackers all the time and it sucks that i dont get a rank for it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  4. Yeah its annoying (I havent been doing it because none of the people ive reported have been banned)

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  5. I dont think age should be a problem IF someone always has proper grammar and does not abuse their powers

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  6. yeah. i have good grammar when i focus on my grammer. and i really dont care about power. i just want to get people banned more often

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  7. And since mineplex NEEDS the mods since alot of hackers dont get banned fast enough. This would more or less help them with just some fine tuning

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  8. AHAHAH. i agree. the amount of hackers is insanely anoying

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  9. its like the coronavirus. but hackers. every time 1 hacker gets banned. 5 more join

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  10. A lot of great people who would be great mods are people that aren't allowed to be on discord for example and this would help them a lot.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  11. Hey!

Discord is a platform used by millions every single day. It is a super safe form of communication as long as you are mindful not to join sketchy servers or accept sketchy people onto your friends list. Creating a Mineplex conversation with a ton of players would be very messy and extremely inefficient. Discord is the most viable way to communicate with the community and other staff members.

Secondly, there is an age requirement for trainee to ensure a level of maturity amongst the staff team. While there are of course exceptions, most 10-13 year olds can lack common sense and be very immature. However, if you are underage don't let this discourage you from applying. While it is rare, there is a chance that you can be accepted as an underage trainee, like I was last year!

I hope this helped you out :)

Posted Jul 9, 2020
    Gardening_Tool, scarlet and Paladise like this.
  12. i bet that if discord was not required than it would really improve mineplex

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  13. Again many people aren't allowed on discord, so maybe having it on forums as a secondary might be a good idea.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  14. Also it being needed for the process might also hurt for those type of people.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  15. that is a bias opinion crazyoftim. you are only saying discord is safe because you use it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  16. And I do agree it is safe if you use it correctly but at the same time even if it is and you only use it for mineplex it is unlikely that the family of that person will let them do it,

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  17. thats exactly why. my mom (rightfully so) will not in any way let me use discord. thats my main issue

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  18. She do be right tho it isnt safe even if you use it correctly.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  19. It's not bias, it makes my opinion more credible because I actually use it on a day to day basis. I've never encountered any situations when I have felt unsafe while using the platform for roughly three years. Is there any particular reason as to why you think it is unsafe?

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  20. It isn't safe to a degree I might add.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.