• 555 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7799 Players Online
  • 7244 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My issue with the trainee aplication.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SoulGhoul, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it sucks that we are required to use a risky 3d party app just to communicate with people

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  2. Well I'm sorry to hear that but it looks like you're going to have to wait to apply for trainee until you have access to discord. Discord is required for the interview stage and I seriously doubt they'll bend the rules just to allow you to apply. Just be patient and you'll get there eventually!

Posted Jul 9, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 9, 2020
    Craftik_YT likes this.
  3. Thanks mineplex. <>
    /

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  4. It's worth noting Discord is only needed for the interview, you are not required to use/have Discord after that point as a staff member. Being in the Mineplex Discord/any Discord is a personal choice. This especially applies to users who are <13 and cannot legally have a Discord account.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
    Craftik_YT and CrazyOfTim like this.
  5. k mr bias. THIS IS NOT JUST MY PROBLEM. LOADS OF OTHER PEOPLE I HAVE TALKED TO WANT TO BE TRAINEE. AND THEY ALWAYS SAY THAT THEY WONT GET DISCORD. mineplex to be honest never cares
    about the playerbase. whether its game updates or this. so ill just let mineplex continue to run with hackers. until it gets shut down like the reef.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  6. i sound madder than i am. im not mad. just frustrated

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  7. Aight my problems are done im not gonna chat here until this im fine with the account for interview

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  8. CrazyOfTim is very bias.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  9. Hey,

This is completely true, you do not at all need Discord to communicate with other staff members - in fact you aren’t even required to be in the Mineplex Discord as a staff member. Discord is mainly used for the interview process of the trainee application. I’m sorry that you feel Discord isn’t safe, however if you wish to become a staff member you will eventually have to get it as this is the platform interviews are conducted over. A private Mineplex conversation would only pose issues, one of them being there wouldn’t be a way to conduct an interview over one.

While age is just a number, it often can determine some things - one of them being maturity. This is why the requirement is 14, it used to be higher I believe but was lowered to what it is now. Additionally anyone who is under the age of 14 can still apply and be accepted. I for one happen to disagree with you and say that the age requirement for Trainee is suitable.

That’s extremely great, I commend you for doing this and hope you continue to do so. However, dealing with hackers is not the only things staff members do, it is one of our jobs but we do various other things whether you’re aware of it or not. Thus, yes reporting hackers is a good thing, but you shouldn’t be rewarded a rank for doing it.

I apologize that you can’t use Discord and will have to wait to become a Trainee because of it, but rules are rules and unfortunately we cannot bend them.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
    Craftik_YT likes this.
  10. Everything that he said I fully agree with. But on the other hand, I also disagree with the fact of "Age requirement is suitable" because age isn't everything and younger people should be able if they are mature enough.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  11. i know. thats why i want it. to interact with the community. giving advice. and getting more hackers banned. my mom said i dont get discord till im 18. im 12 now. soooo.... sucks to be me

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  12. if i made a discord account and my mom found out. i would be grounded for at least a year

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  13. this is the issue. its not bending the rules. its adding to them. i have spoke to friends who want to be trainee and have the same issue. they can just build the interview into the mineplex website

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  14. Helloo!

So just to put my 2 cents in this discussion, you're only required to have a discord account for the interview, and after that, you do not have to be on the Mineplex discord as a staff member. It's not a requirement. There's a different platform where staff members communicate on. So it's completely up to if you want to partake in the Mineplex discord. I understand that this might be an issue for you but since it's not a usual matter, it's not much of a concern on our behalf that would push us to make a completely different interview platform on the website which would be very difficult to actually make.

As of the age requirement, every applicant is judged case by case. That's just the minimum age but it doesn't mean that you can't get trainee as an underage applicant. That's just a measure since a lot of underage applicants have maturity concerns. That age limit is only set in order to have a more strict requirement and criteria for underage applicants so we can make sure that everything is checked and that we have a reliable background check.

But this does not mean that it's impossible to get trainee as an underage applicant, it just means that you will go through a more strict and a more observant process.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
    CrazyOfTim, Craftik_YT and xGetRekted like this.
  15. I fully agree that the Mineplex Website could be used as a secondary website for the interview and mods but the problem is that it's slow and clunky compared to the discord system so it will most likely not be added unless they revamp something. Not to be rude or anything but this subject about your parents and stuff is getting personal. Last thing: You could talk to a higher-ranked person within the Recruitment or Staff management team if you could communicate in other ways. Like using Xbox to talk to them or skype. Now that I know about the staff communicating in a different way you could again ask a higher-up to use that website for the interview.

That being said I might not be back here today. unless I get "@". Have a great day!

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  16. I'm not a Recruiter, so I definitely won't be able to give you any better insight than they can, but I can still try and address each point you've brought up individually.
    If you think discord isn't safe, then I should also tell you that there isn't a single social media website/platform that's safe out there. Internet in general can be dangerous if you end up in the wrong parts of it. Discord is just a chatting platform, which often have people who will try to bring harm to you inevitably. There are few methods to solve this like the "Privacy & Safety" setting which allows you to directly modify the way direct messages are scanned to keep you safe if they contain some explicit content, change who can add you as a friend or allow members of the servers you are on directly message you or not. Sadly there's always going to be risk that something bad will occur or people will just message you bad stuff. If that's the case, you can always report messages to Discord's Trust & Safety team which will deal with it accordingly.

Discord itself is only used for the interview process. You'll have the interview on it and then you're no longer required to use it afterwards. Using the solution that you suggested wouldn't be ideal, as text interviews aren't being conducted anymore and Interviews through voice allow the Recruiters to get a better idea about the applicant and get to know them better than they could through text.
    It is actually possible to get accepted if you're underaged and do not meet the age requirement. All underaged applicants go through different process unlike the standard one (More information about this can be found here). The main concern with underaged applicants is their maturity. While yes, there are some underaged people who have proven to be more mature than applicants above the age of 14, it's still rare to see them apply and actually get accepted (as the Recruiters more closely watch underaged applicants to prove if they're really mature or not). The age requirement has been changed a few times already over the years and I personally think it's fine where it's at right now.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
    Xukuwu, Craftik_YT and xGetRekted like this.
  17. I'm a little confused how this thread got over 50 responses in the last hour without really discussing the concern at hand haha

I am sorry that you are not in a particularly great situation to become a staff member at this time. I'm not sure what the suggestion was about creating a group conversation, since voice interviews have been an essential part of the interview process for as long as I know, and that's not going to be something we will bend on. A voice interview is absolutely essential, which is why we ask about your access to a microphone on the application. We have found Discord to actually be the most safe and convenient application to conduct interviews as compared to other things like Skype or TeamSpeak.

If your parent is not okay with the potential for inappropriate content on Discord (which can definitely be avoided if you create a fresh account and only use it for the interview), it surprises me that they would be okay with you being exposed to sometimes horrible content while moderating on the server. It seems like a disconnect or miscommunication somewhere along the line about what exactly you are exposed to as a Mineplex staff member, and what exactly the risks of Discord are. I would expect that your guardian is concerned about you experiencing inappropriate situations or content, which you are at much higher risk of as a staff member on the server as compared to a player. So again, if your parent is wanting to protect you from content, they would probably not be okay with you being a staff member in the first place.

I'm sorry you are feeling like many players are affected by this necessity of Discord usage, but I don't think that this is at all hindering the staff team from being a good size or having quality members. It may restrict a few people with awesome potential, but that doesn't mean the staff we do have on the server are incapable of handling the staff duties on the team.

Yes, I do agree that age is just a number, but in general, it is very indicative of behavior and maturity simply regarding brain development etc. Yes of course there are people under 14 that are capable of being awesome staff members, which is why we allow these types of people onto the staff team. It's definitely possible to get on the staff team at a young age, I do believe 11 was the youngest Trainee we ever accepted. Tim's opinion is not biased, he was simply stating that he is proof underage staff members exist.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  18. Yeah, I completely agree with you. Younger people do have the option to apply if they believe they are mature enough, and they definitely can be, which is why you can apply at any age above or under 14.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
    qwertymaster and Craftik_YT like this.
  19. yes. nothing online is safe, but if you did not read before you can see why my mom is not okay with discord if you go back.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 9, 2020
  20. I think this post should be closed since the main idea of his questions have been addressed and has had many opinions in the last hour.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.