• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9677 Players Online
  • 6787 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My Issues With SSM

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Grivnok, May 24, 2020.

1. Has this game been neglected or what?

I began playing this game back when there were Ultra kits, and I've seen this game evolve. As of recently, I've come back just to see how this game is doing. I have begun to see why this server has had a huge decline in players for the past couple of years. The administration does not care about the state of their games whatsoever. I've encountered numerous bugs that just make it simply frustrating to play with which have been in the game long enough to have been fixed ages ago (e.g. Wooly Rocket & Unloaded Maps). This game has a lot of potential but it is ruined by the unbalanced kits that have dominated for months. I'd like to give my opinion on solutions to what I think are issues within this game.

Disclaimer: I am not bashing anybody who uses these kits since it would be hypocritical given that I have played all of them. I am just addressing my opinion on why I think these kits are overpowered. Using these kits undoubtedly takes skill to perform well. I do not expect everyone to agree with me. If you disagree, I'd like to hear your perspective.

(Kits with similar issues are grouped together)

Overpowered Kits-

• Spider & Wolf are difficult to deal with because the player will usually mash the spacebar into oblivion | Simple fix: Limit the number of times they can use the directional jump, just like chicken, and decrease the amount of damage Ravage does.
    • Creeper's Sulfur Bomb has the potential to direct players to the other side of the map on a 3-second cooldown. I find that I usually have to change my kit just to counter a Creeper which is annoying in itself. The Lightning Shield also makes it difficult for melee kits to kill Creeper | Simple fix: Decrease the amount of potential knockback and increase the cooldown of the Sulfur Bomb. Either decrease the amount of time the lightning shield is toggled or decrease the health regeneration rate slightly.
    • Blaze could run for hours due to the speed the player is given and the short cooldown on Firefly | Simple fix: Increase the cooldown of Firefly or remove the speed.
    • Enderman has a high damage potential due to the short cooldown on Block Toss while also doing 7 damage with melee. The model is also constantly bugged because of regular Minecraft mechanics | Simple fix: Increase the cooldown on Block Toss and lower the damage slightly.
    • Zombie is a very skill-based kit, however, the player is given arrows way too fast. The kit is supposed to reward the player's accuracy, but what's the point when you never run out of arrows? Death Grasp is a bit ridiculous on it's reduced cooldown when it hits a player and the amount of damage it can do. As it is a ranged kit, I'd expect the kit to have a below-average melee, but it doesn't. Melee for Zombie does 6 damage (average) as opposed to Skeleton's 5 damage (below average) | Simple fix: Increase the time it takes for the player to receive another arrow, increase Death Grasp's cooldown when it hits a player, and decrease melee damage to 5.
    • Skeletal Horse's Bone Rush and Bone Kick are undoubtedly powerful and combined with its passive ability, an average player can dominate | Simple Fix: Increase the cooldown on either Bone Rush or Bone Kick and tweak Deadly Bones.
    Underpowered Kits-
    • Magma Cube & Chicken are too docile. Most of the time the players who use these kits run constantly.
    • Witch is absolutely horrible. Bat Wave is inconsistent when recovering, and the kit has the same armor as Squid. I commend you if you are able to play this kit well | Simple Fix: Make Bat Wave more reliable when recovering, tweak the Daze Potion, and protect the noggin.
    Bugs-
    • Sheep is simply broken. Fix Wooly Rocket.
    • Unloaded Maps are rare but cause a part of a map to be unplayable and cause players to become invisible.
    • Smash Crystal can continue on into the next game allowing the player (if they switched kits) to retain the armor and mob of the previous game (e.g. Player 1 uses the Smash Crystal for the Blaze to kill Player 2 at 1 life. Player 1 wins the game while the Smash Crystal ability is still happening. Player 1 then switches to Chicken and retains the armor and model of Blaze but the ability of a Chicken). It's rare but can easily be exploited in the right situation.
    • Random Invisibility has happened to me a few times and is quite rare. I have no idea what causes this.
    • Slime Slam continues after use sometimes.
    • Death Grasp is able to hit a player that just died.
    • When a player hovers over the game description in the compass it says "Flying though the air..." I think somebody might need a grammar lesson.
    • Some Projectiles go invisible during a match.
    • Snow Golem's passive is glitched whenever there is tall grass, flowers, etc.
    • Enderman rapid-fire Block Toss glitch (Contributed by james610).
    • If a Creeper wins a game whilst explode is charging up, the explode will finish next game and can potentially propel you into the void straightaway (Contributed by james610).
    (I'm sure there are many more that I haven't mentioned)

Posted May 24, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 2, 2020
    Blazette, DaGourmand, Mitchy and 8 others like this.
  2. Hey!

It was very interesting to read your comments and ideas. The detail you went into made it very clear to read to understand your ideas and I do relate to some of them. Hopefully someone from the Ideas Team could have a read through and see if anything can be done to improve SSM.

With the bugs, feel free to report them at mineplex.com/bugs as that will allow for staff to work on fixing them as soon as possible!

Cheers,
    Dan.

Posted May 25, 2020
  3. i really agree with this post

Posted May 25, 2020
  4. I like how you stated solutions instead of complaining about the problem. I agree with everything you had to say.

Posted May 28, 2020
  5. Respectfully disagree with some of your points.

You're quite right, Spider and Wolf are too fast. However I'd fix this by slowing directional jumps for each of them. That should be sufficient.

With creeper, sulphur bomb's cooldown is longer than 3 seconds already. People need to leave sulphur alone, slime rocket and block toss are both so much better, especially with the current block toss glitch. Lightning shield is the only thing deserving of a nerf, in my opinion. The way to counter a creeper is rapid fire damage, as it's a fairly frail kit with high regen. LS happens to cover that though, leaving ranged kits like Skele and Zombie its main counters. So yeah, I'd say nerf LS, leave sulphur alone, it's really not as overpowered as people say.

Blaze, I completely agree.

Enderman; block toss is fine when people don't abuse the rapid fire glitch. Melee damage could be lowered by 1, I suppose.

Zombie; I have mixed feelings about. Although it can be overpowered, it takes a great level of skill to do so. Rather than a straight nerf, I'd sacrifice a bit of arrow damage for some more bulk. Similarly, you didn't mention skeleton which I feel needs a reduction in arrow spread in exchange for more bulk.

Skele horse, not as OP as the others to me but I wouldn't object to a nerf, I guess.

Magma and chicken don't need to be buffed, they need to be reworked so that they aren't simply stall kits.

As for the bugs, yeah, they need to be dealt with. I'll also add two more, 1) fix enderman rapid-fire block toss glitch, and 2) if a creeper wins a game whilst explode is charging up, the explode will finish next game and can potentially propel you into the void straightaway.

Posted May 28, 2020
  6. Not sure if it was nerfed, or what happened, but wasn’t Pig kit one of the top kits before? If not coreect me, but what happened to it?

Posted May 28, 2020
  7. At least your not saying Creeper is op, but so is Spider, Wolf and Zombie. Although I will say slime is pretty op since it can do a lot of knockback and damage. It's regeneration is also the closest to that of Creeper.

Posted May 29, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 15, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  8. Thanks for the input!

I disagree when you state that sulfur should be left alone. I think the knockback is capable of a bit too much, especially when it hits a player mid-air. I usually see Creepers run when they get low, and as soon as I'm able to get close to them, I'm almost sent to the other side of the map. It has good damage, low cooldown, and great knockback. I'd say to increase the cooldown by 1 second, and decrease the amount of knockback it can generate.

I like your perspective on Zombie. However, I'd like to see a rework to Death Grasp.

I'll add your bugs to the original post.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 30, 2020
  9. I agree on basically everything, one thing I’d add tho. As the ssm community is much smaller now, targeting has been a big issue. Frequently, people I’ve played against before will just immediately target me and cause both of us to lose. And pubs games have turned into targeting and cleaning with increased sweatiness. At this point a completely overhaul combined with a 1v1 mode is needed

Posted May 30, 2020