• 289 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2868 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My New Setup

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by QuitPlayn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. The only problem I see is that you are using a Mac... just kidding. :)

Anyways, your setup looks extremely clean and nice, much better than what mine looks like. May I ask what microphone you are using? Looking to get an external mic as my headset mic is pretty poor.

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    QuitPlayn likes this.
  2. I like it, it looks fancy and easy. I like how you set up the Mic and have a speaker in the corner in case you're bored. Interesting :thinking:

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    QuitPlayn likes this.
  3. Neat setup! Whatever works I guess. My setup is pretty ordinary, but I'm planning to build my own PC in the very near future.

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    QuitPlayn likes this.
  4. Tbh I watched a video on YouTube where someone compared a $4000 mic to a $30 mic and was completely blown away. While the $30 mic didn’t match the overall quality of the more expensive mic, it definitely gave it a run for its money. So I decided to buy it myself because I was low on money after purchasing the Mac and was impressed with its performance for such a cheap peace of hardware. The mic is called a Neewer NW-800 and you can get it with a foldable stand, shock mount, two pop filters, and a phantom power supply for only $45 on Amazon. You’ll need an external sound card for it to work but they’re cheap ($10) so all in all it costed me about $65 with tax and shipping.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 15, 2019
    HeyItzSteve likes this.
  5. Better than me.. I run Labymod with optifine and about 10 addons, average about 60 fps, which is playable so I'm not complaining too much

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    QuitPlayn likes this.
  6. O god it looks perfect

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    QuitPlayn likes this.
  7. so trash lmao. Why do you have a Imac. Overpriced for no reason

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    QuitPlayn likes this.
  8. literally have the exact same set up as you lmao. for sure 80 fps isn’t the best, nor is it the worst but it definitely is portable. whenever i’m in the hospital (often), i can just carry my laptop, a small mechanical keyboard (sometimes not even needed) and a mouse + mousepad then just play whenever. especially being on fps boosted clients like laby can help with our potato pcs LOL.

~nouqt//ailin

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    QuitPlayn and Goudge ✦ like this.
  9. That's so true! I get around 110 FPS with fast settings and OptiFine, so I really don't mind too much. It certainly does the trick!

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    QuitPlayn and nouqt like this.
  10. I love how my thread turned into a convo about bad computers with good tweaks. Keep it up guys lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 16, 2019
    nouqt and Goudge ✦ like this.
  11. This is the most relatable thing I've seen today.

I actually really like your setup. Like another user had said, the extended mouse pad is definitely a worthy investment, and it's awesome to see yours is on the way to use. I like the light-up mouse and keyboard that change into rainbow colors. Your monitor is also pretty nice, and I'm fairly jealous of your entire setup. Since my parents are divorced, I use a laptop, that way I can bring it from house to house. It would be stupid for me to put all my money into one general setup at once house, when I'd only use it half the time. Which is primarily why I use a laptop and just bring it with me back and forth.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    QuitPlayn and InZomniaa like this.
  12. Have you considered buying a gaming laptop? They’re just as good but pretty pricy, it would pay off if you saved up for one though. You could also buy a simple but high end headset to go along with it and a gaming mouse plus simple mouse pad. It wouldn’t be a grand-shiny setup but it would offer good performance and a little bit of swag lol just a thought though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 16, 2019