• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4966 Players Online
  • 4966 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My Opinion On Mineplex Possibly Becoming An Anarchy Server

Discussion in 'Survival' started by NinjaMatt12, Apr 26, 2021.

?

What do you think will bring a server back to life? :D

1. PVP and Anarchy!

36.7%
  2. Building

6.7%
  3. Anything..

6.7%
  4. Nothing, absolutely!!

10.0%
  5. Other Options

40.0%
  1. Hallo again! This is NinjaMatt1136 and I've been hearing that it would be best if Mineplex Survival would be an anarchy server. Well, I'll now say my opinion about it.

First off, yes, ok, that would be cool if Mineplex Survival was an anarchy server just like -snip-, fighting and wars between empires, and it would make you invincible. :> Combat and PVP is essential to a server. But...altho it can bring a server alive, it will ruin other people's experience. Yes, yes, I know, you would ask: Why would they join if they knew there were hackers and griefers anyway? Well, we cant expect some players to stop going to Mineplex Survival. Some would just come for no reason or had nothing to do. But, us players have different perspective about survival. To others, survival is about PVP or revenge, while some, survival is about pushing your limits into building.

Second, I would agree that players quit or left due to the reset. But that does not change the fact that lots of players left due to the hackers and griefers destroying their works. I recently just left Mineplex Survival due to some griefer destroying my tree home and underground home.

Lastly, I would say that maybe, we should try adding server specially for PVP and Building respectively. We cant expect everyone not to destroy people's works. There will always be players who would abuse their hack or grief power. So all what we can do is to do our best to prevent most of the damage caused by wars and revenge.

So, yea, we should have something to prevent griefs or hacks besides from claims bc claims is too easy for raiders or griefers.

Posted Apr 26, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 27, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  2. This will probably be my last thread due to leaving. But I could still reply to other threads. And this is just my opinion, I fully respect other opinions too :))

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 26, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  3. If claims will be there then theres no point in making it anarchy, but after all I would absolutely love an anarchy server or a factions like Mineplex clans. That would be absolutely great

Posted May 14, 2021
  4. There have been many other threads about this topic-

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/my-opinion-on-mineplex-possibly-becoming-an-anarchy-server.198595/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/can-we-have-a-little-bit-of-anarchy-back.193665/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/it...a-anarchy-server-and-i-really-like-it.190720/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/server-idea-making-the-server-like-an-anarchy-again.199964/

I would recommend reading through those to see a better idea of how others have already responded. It might be best to contribute to one of those instead of creating another thread also. We're not going to be removing rules and anticheat from any of our games, that's not how this server operates. We're not promoting hacking on our servers. You make valid points about claims and PvP but those are separate conversations to have.

Posted May 14, 2021
  5. Sorry to hear it but yeah I’ve been playing very little lately because of how bad it has gotten it’s really a shame and nothing else really scratches the same itch there just isn’t any other server anywhere on any platform that is like how mineplex survival used to be :(

Posted May 15, 2021
    NinjaMatt12 and Toastie like this.
  6. Tbh I love claims actually I think they’re part of the special sauce that made it great anyone can walk into a room and take everything out of a chest but not everyone can build a machine that makes multiple turns or digs out a tunnel hundreds of blocks etc etc it made everything way more interesting but it also meant that if you did your right then no one could touch your stuff no matter what they did and I think it’s perfect

Posted May 15, 2021
    NinjaMatt12 likes this.
  7. Hey!

As @Dulciloquy put wonderfully, Mineplex is not going to be doing anything that intentionally allows rules and anticheat to be bypassed. We're a family-friendly server that prides itself on providing a fun space for everyone of all ages, and that's a big part of why we we are so adamant about punishing those who break these rules we have.

However, I fully agree - both as a staff member and a player - that there needs to be updates to the PvP and claims system. The former is far easier than the latter, but both are definitely going to be challenges that the devs have to work on. For the time being it's unlikely anything will be changing too drastically, but I also hope that there's an update to those!

Posted May 15, 2021
    NinjaMatt12 likes this.
  8. Why are you leading

Posted May 15, 2021
  9. Yea, I agree. Ill wait for the devs and mods to do something about it :) Thanks!

Well, not much is happening in Mineplex Survival so, I had to leave and go building in my worlds or play Roblox. My friends arent in Mineplex anymore so yea :(

Yep, the chat is almost quiet, theres nothing to do there. Plus my friends probably left. I miss them :,(

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 18, 2021
    thawazp and Paladise like this.
  10. I feel you ninja I havnt logged on ina while cuz it’s dead it’s tailored for an age range of 2-4 and they just spam bs gbox crap all day like any of it means anything and think they know what the game is about but have no clue what rich means or what a great place it used to be it used to be family friendly and funn for all ages but they took that away now it’s only fun for -snip- who are impressed by pretty color boxes and shiny tools that take minutes to break a single block of obby and dirt huts since that’s the only block besides diamond that they build with everyone’s gone no one plays anymore the community left the economy left the blocks tools potions etc left and the last few holdouts are leaving too but ig it’s so much better now isn’t it where the lag is so bad it’s unplayable

Posted Jun 5, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 5, 2021
  11. I personally like the anarchy and lack of rules enforced. Gives a lot of fun and new ways to do stuf and work around things.

Posted Jun 19, 2021 at 1:56 AM
  12. I have seen threads with the similar concept in the past on the forums, and unfortunately, I still disagree with the idea that removing rules on the server would increase the server's playerbase or be a useful addition.
    If you take a look anywhere in life, there will be some sort of a system that enforces certain rules and sanctions people for breaking them. This is in order to keep a community safe, enjoyable for everyone and promote positive environment around its members. If you get a job at a certain workplace, there will also be a set of rules that you have to follow in order for you and your colleagues to do your work efficiently.
    Having no rules might seem fun and freeing at first glance, however, being killed without having a chance to defend yourself because the person is using an unfair advantage does not sound quite fun if you think about it.
    Chat rules are also in place in order to defend players from insults, slurs and such as everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity not only on Mineplex but everywhere in life.

This idea might sound fun in concept, however, if you truly try to understand what having no rules would cause and look like, I think that you will be able to understand my points and concerns regarding this matter.

Posted Jun 19, 2021 at 7:44 AM,
    Last edited Jun 19, 2021 at 7:53 AM
    Anna. likes this.
  13. i feel like its pretty active the only problem i have with it is the lag - due to so many "gboxes" which are just shulkers in shulkers which is very laggy

Posted Jun 19, 2021 at 3:46 PM
  14. Actually, Mineplex's anticheat is so ineffective that converting to an anarchy server wouldn't dramatically increase the amount of cheaters.

Posted Jun 19, 2021 at 7:11 PM
    Makayo likes this.