• 1878 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4457 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My Proposed Balance Changes 7/24 (Assassin)

Discussion in 'Champions' started by hhyphen, Jul 24, 2019.

Tags:
?

Rate balance changes.

1. A

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. B

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. C

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The way it is right now, Champions is actually more balanced than others would perceive. Yes, assassin does stand out more than other kits but that will always be true because the skill ceiling on assassin is so high. Other kits, like mage, could also use some help finding a true place in the meta. This is what I think could help the game become more balanced. If you have any feedback, please let me know. Also, I will not include these here but I’m also expecting the illusion glitch, block toss glitch, and smoke bomb latency issue to be fixed as well.

Assassin

Illusion
    - No longer slows when cancelled
    Notes: I feel like this is an unnecessary add-on to an already powerful ability. There is a large gap between evade and illusion and I don’t believe evade needs a buff. Instead, I think illusion could live with losing a little bit of its power. Plus, most people don’t even know this is a thing.

Leap
    - Can be use will slowed
    Notes: Leap needs something to stand out from blink and flash and I think this would be a good change to the ability to make it viable without being broken. All the other assassin axe abilities are denied when slowed, so I think letting leap be used would give it a place in an assassin’s build to counter abilities like intimidation.

Marked For Death
    - Now adds effect “Bleed”
    Notes: This “Bleed” effect would mean that the target can’t receive any healing from any source for a period of time. Maybe it would start at 3 seconds and go up +1 per level.

Smoke Bomb
    - Cannot be used while poisoned
    Notes: Now you might think this will kill smoke bomb but there will also be a rework to viper strikes. Plus, giving viper a solid purpose would make it more viable.

Combo Attack
    - Missed swings reset the combo attack damage ramp up.
    Notes: I feel like this would be a change that makes sense due to it being a “combo” attack and in most fighting games if you miss an attack in a combo your combo resets. Also, this isn’t a drastic change because skilled players are unaffected while the less-skilled ones don’t get free massive damage.

Backstab
    - -1 base damage
    - +1 damage to attacks to the back (same as before with the less base damage)
    Notes: Backstab seems superior to all the other options if you really look into it. In an assassin v. assassin, backstab and combo attack are the same amount of hits to kill face to face despite thinking that combo would be superior. Add in a random backstab in their (it happens a lot) and the backstab assassin automatically wins. This -1 base damage requires that backstab assassin to get that extra hit in from the front without taking any power from what it’s meant to be good at, dealing damage from behind.

Viper Strikes
    - No longer applies poison every attack. Poison lasts a static 2 seconds across all level and instead the hits required to apply it goes down per level, starting from 4. The poison ticks once per poison application.
    Notes: This change should be good to make viper strikes a good counter to smoke bomb as well as take it down from its spot as a “toxic” (no pun intended) ability to use in fights.

That’s all for assassin as of now. Definitely the most controversial, tell me what you guys think.
    Changes for the other kits will be out soon.

Posted Jul 24, 2019
  2. Hello hhyphen, I like the direction you are taking with Assassin but I have a different approach. I feel as though there are not enough illusion smoke bomb assassins in clans. Illusion needs a rework. I personally believe instead of slowness when illusion is cancelled it should automatically crash anyone’s Minecraft if they are not using illusion and smoke bomb. I also feel smoke bomb should last 10 seconds longer and you can attack while invisible. This would be too op so to even it out instead of speed 2 the Assassin would only have speed 1 in smoke bomb making it balanced. Let me know of your thought on my suggestions.

Posted Jul 24, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  3. Actually I like that idea a lot, it seems really balanced and would make a positive change in Champions.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  4. Honestly, in my opinion, if the illusion glitch was fixed, illusion would be balanced. Either way, I wouldn't care if the slowness got removed.

Leap is actually great for kiting, I think all movement abilities should be uniform and not be able to used while slowed.

MfD no need to buff an already powerful ability

Sb disagree as poison already counters it as taking damage immediately removes you from smoke bomb.

This nerf would make combo attack literally useless and everyone would switch to backstab. Wolf fury has this same feature and I don't see a lot of people using it. Perhaps nerfing the damage ramp up could be a thing, from +1 per hit to +.75?

I disagree with -1 base damage. They should just revert backstab to before the 2018 update which was 2 (+1pl) bonus damage for a maximum of 4 bonus damage.

Poison I takes 2.5 seconds to actually deal any damage, 2 seconds would have no effect at all.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  5. I had read somewhere that poison I ticked every 2 seconds. If it’s 2.5 that’s what i meant and that’s my mistake

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 26, 2019
  6. The thing that makes leap unique is wall-leap. If your back is to a wall leap has no cooldown. This allows for double jumps. Also leap is a jump, while flash and blink teleport.

Posted Jul 31, 2019
  7. Clans Player since Alpha
    Alpha - fun but knew nothing
    Beta- (One word) Glitches!
    S1- Gosh, I love being Invisible for however long I want.
    S2- Just end the season already
    S3- This season made be rage quit Minecraft for a while
    S4- S3 made me rage quit for this season
    S5- everyone sucked in this season
    S5.5- useless
    S6- clans died
    --- Post updated ---
    Mineplex would never go for this sort of approach but would rather favor the approach to use Wall Kick while slowed.

Posted Jul 31, 2019
  8. are you meming me?

Posted Aug 1, 2019

9. Correction*

Season 4* LEGENDARIES EVERYWHERE
    Season 5* GOLD EVERYWHERE

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  10. yes i am

Posted Aug 9, 2019