• 1117 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3201 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

- My Staff Island Builds -

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Luvli, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Hey there beautiful Mineplex Community!!
    (This post is a story as well as a showcase of a few builds)

So recently I have been exploring with building, and to be honest, I had no idea I could build until now. I recently was promoted to Trainee and so far it has been such a wonderful, challenging and amazing experience!! I spend a lot of time in Lobbies, and so one day whilst I was there and it was fairly quiet, I decided I would try my hand at building something.

The first build I created was a Phoenix. I'd been thinking about how cool it would be to build a giant Phoenix on Staff Island and decided that I was going to try and do this. To be honest, when I started I really did not think it would come out as well as it did. Now, I'm not a builder, this is really one of my first times ever trying to build properly. I think for someone who is new, I did alright!!

Here is the Phoenix Build:
    https://imgur.com/a/R0DGj2z

Now, I received A LOT of positive feedback after building this, which I honestly wasn't expecting!! So thank you to all who complimented me so kindly. This inspired me a lot to create a second build, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to make. I felt that I wanted it to be tranquil, with a sense of peace and unity. So this is what inspired me to create my Yin & Yang build. This build showcases two fish circling each other, (one is Yin and the other is Yang), and although it may not look like this at first, it was still beautiful to the eye. The only thing I would note about this build is that it's a bit of a messy build, and could be better. I also placed the floor last and so since I built the tail into the floor, I couldn't put carpet underneath it - I should have done the floor first. Still proud of myself though!!

Here is the Yin & Yang Build:
    https://imgur.com/a/mZxT6fl

Again the feedback from this was incredible!!
    I am so inspired to build now, and I am so humbled that many people consider me to be a reasonably good builder. Honestly, I think I have a long way to go, and obviously I have very limited space to work with on the build islands, but I think again I am doing alright! I decided to create one more build, as a lot of people had been saying I should build a map. I don't really have the time to build a map, but I thought I could experiment with landscaping on staff island. This then gave me the motivation to build my Butterfly World build, which was based on the landscape, but also showcases a simple yet stunning butterfly. I am honestly very proud of this build, as I think it turned out quite lovely.

Here is the Butterfly World Build:
    https://imgur.com/a/HnxAHvR

And now here we are!!
    I received really positive feedback for this too and I am just so grateful. I really want to create more builds when I'm in lobbies and they're quiet, as it allows me to create something really nice for the community, and is a super easy way to practise building whilst moderating!! I definitely have a long way to go, but I want to keep practising! I can't build all the time either, as I dedicate a lot of time to other duties, but these builds usually don't take me that long, and it can get fairly quiet in Mineplex Lobbies at the times I build.

Nonetheless
    , people seem to really be enjoying me coming out with these random builds!! So I think I will continue doing them on occasion, and I would love for you to leave a suggestion of what I should build next!! Again, I'm not saying I am a great builder, but knowing that this seems to make people happy, makes me happy!! And if people like what I'm doing, then I want to continue doing it (:

I appreciate any and all feedback, so feel free to leave some!! I just think this is all a cute idea to see a build come to life if you have suggestions of some, and I will make sure you get credit for the idea!!

Thank you again for all the positivity spread around about my builds, it means so much you have no idea. I never thought I could do something like this, and you have inspired me so much.

I can only get better, and I see myself going nowhere other than - you guessed it - up! ^.^

From yours lovely
    Sarah | Luvli

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Danese, oeod, neropatti and 6 others like this.
  2. Press "E" to open your inventory.

And as I already told u once when I met you in lobby, your builds are looking really amazing :P
    Keep it up xD AND I hope you didn't apply for the wrong team l0l

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    xCuta // xOeuf and Luvli like this.
  3. These are pretty cute. I especially like the Yin Yang build. It's very hard to make small scale organics, but you made these fish pretty well. The anatomy looks on point, some curves here and there could be slightly smoother, but for a quick build, it's great! The shaders make them look even nicer too :p

You can be Moderation staff and Builder ;)

Posted Mar 13, 2019
  4. Hahaha yes I really do have to fix that!! It just never bothers me so I always forget it's there and then people point it out and I go... right I forgot!!

Either way, thank you for the kind words!! I've loved creating these small builds, and I hope that you're liking them too!!

and you're very kind, I definitely don't feel like I am good enough to be a builder yet, but maybe one day with enough practise it'll be something to consider.

Thanks again!!

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 13, 2019
  5. Hey!

I remember seeing your Pheonix build! It was really amazing and it looked like you put a lot of work towards it. How long did it take you to build it?

-Slipest

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Luvli likes this.
  6. Thanks so much!! it honestly means a lot coming from you, I've seen your builds and I literally think they're unbelievable.

I appreciate the feedback too!! I also totally agree with the smoother edges, the transition is a bit forced, and I could improve on that so thanks!!

I hope to make another post one day with new works that showcase improvements as well so we'll see how I go!! :)

Thanks again!!

From yours lovely,

Sarah | Luvli

OP OP
    Dutty likes this.
  7. I've seen these around in lobbies and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing them. The Yin and Yang one is easily my favourite simply because of the movement portrayed in it. In the Phoenix build especially, your builds seem pretty stiff, which is something that puts me off a lot with organic builds. Not saying I'm great at them either, and I'm sure with a bit more practise you'll be able to get better (you did say this is your first time building properly, so), but right now that's an area I'd definitely advise you focus on. Always keep in mind that no animal is ever completely still or symmetrical! I'd love to see more builds from you in the future!

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Cyy and Luvli like this.
  8. Hey thanks so much for your feedback!!

The Phoenix Build took me around an hour to complete actually!! It may of been a little longer, but I surprised myself at how fast I was able to complete it, it makes me think of what I could do if I built on a bigger scale and allowed myself a lot more time!! Perhaps I'll recreate the phoenix on a bigger scale and do just that!

I'm glad you liked the phoenix too!!
    I appreciate that so much :D

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks a heap!!

Yea I 100% agree with your feedback, although it is very difficult to smooth out a build on such a small scale, but I think that would be a really fun challenge to try and achieve!!

I reckon it will be something I will work on, and I love that you pointed it out!! I think feedback from others really allows you to improve, and without it, it's hard to!! So thank you so much!!

Hopefully we'll see some improvements as I go!!

From yours lovely,

Sarah | Luvli

OP OP
    xLeopard and Slipest like this.
  9. Oh my gosh!! I'm so glad you made this post, I keep seeing your amazing builds all over lobbies and it makes me so happy.

You are such a fantastic builder, especially for your first time building stuff haha. Honestly though, you are an awesome builder and I look forward to see more in the future ^v^ Truly amazing works of art!

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Luvli likes this.
  10. Helloo! ^^

What a luvli thread! I'm happy to see that you created this post so we could see all of your builds. They are all very gorgeous and inspiring. You are a great builder and I hope you will build more stuff soon. Keep up the good work and let us know how much talent you got!

very luvli builds, very luvli builder

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Luvli likes this.
  11. I know what you mean, but it's definitely possible with a little bit of time and dedication. ~6 months ago, I also decided I'd try and build a Phoenix and this was my result: https://i.imgur.com/g5Pd8Af.png. It turned out around 45 blocks wide and 35 blocks tall, give or take, which is still pretty small. Now, even at the time, I wasn't very happy with how this build turned out. There are plenty of mistakes with it, but the 1 thing I still like about it is how free flowing it looks, especially the body. You said you took an hour with your build, and while it took me roughly 5x longer than that, I think you can see a clear difference in quality. Not that your build isn't good, it is, but I feel like you could have been able to push it further to get a cleaner result. It took me a lot of reshaping and re-positioning, especially with the wings, until I finally decided it was good enough. While the poses are very different, I feel like you can still get an idea of what I mean when I say your builds look stiff. Smoothing a build to make it look more relaxed 100% pays off, and I really do hope you try to do this more. Don't let the limitations of the staff island hold you back, it's still possible to make truly stunning small builds.

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Cyy and Luvli like this.
  12. I actually remember seeing the Butterfly in the lobby and thought, wow staff members can really build. I even went over to the island to get a better look. xD

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Luvli likes this.
  13. I love all of your builds that you have! I like the Yin and Yang build because it looks way more creative! I also like the build of a Phoenix as well and the butterfly too! I do not have any suggestions that I want to add about your build.

Overall, that is an excellent job that you have! Keep up the great work!

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Luvli likes this.
  14. Those are amazing! The floating glass really brings out the butterfly, and the yin-yang looks great. The phoenix though is definitely my favorite, especially the front of the wings. That must've taken a while to put together.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for any other builds you do.

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    xCuta // xOeuf, Luvli and Slipest like this.
  15. Love this sis! You're a great builder and it's always fun being around ya and watching you build some of these.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    Luvli likes this.
  16. Hi there!
    Wow - these are amazing! I would love to see you do more, you're very good at building. :) I really like Yin & Yang one. Keep it up!

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    Luvli likes this.
  17. Hey!

I love all these builds. I have seen some of them in the lobbies and I always take credit for building them, so I really like them. I personally can't build to save my life, so even though I know these won't be your best builds i'm still really jealous of them and I can't wait to see your next builds which will probably blow me away. Great job!! <3

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    xCuta // xOeuf and Luvli like this.
  18. Wow, these are pretty cool. I really like the Yin/Yang and butterfly world builds. I like that these were done in the lobbies - it adds vibrancy to the server. Ty <3

Also for the "Press E to open inventory glitch" > go to windows search > "%appdata%" > enter ".minecraft" > open "options.txt" > press "Ctrl + F" and search "InventoryAchieve" > change "true" to "false".
    Save it and close. Re-open minecraft.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    Luvli likes this.
  19. Cyy
    x

@Dutty
    You can thank me later.
    [​IMG]

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  20. y do u people so good at everything
    --- Post updated ---
    i feel ashamed of my builds..