• 733 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9171 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Name History

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by CupAGhost, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So if you view a persons wall, and maybe click something next to their username, it should maybe show name history. It should go from current name to original name. Like for me it would be like this:

CupAWup
    Cupi Wupi / CupAWup
    Cupi Wupi
    Cupi

I got this idea from NameMc.

Also, searching a name that someone had a long time ago, will show the member, and their name history, and anyone else who had the name. This can be just for people who just can’t seem to find a friends new name.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  2. The forum usernames are usually identical to ingame ones (or at least resemble them) so I don't see a need to implement this feature considering that there is a free service available for checking Minecraft username histories. Along with actually coming up with the code, it would require some changes in design too, and the fact that this hasn't been an issue for forum users since the transition to the Xenforo service happened, I'm not in support of the idea. Looking forward to seeing more responses though!

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  3. Shouldn't be an issue to come up with code- name changing is a plugin included on most XenForo forums, most likely they just chose the option to hide name history.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  4. @Thenorn @Tuxwizzle @CupAWup We already have a username history tab, but this tab is only for FMs/FNs to see for moderation purposes currently. I'm not too sure Jarvis would want that to be public because of some bad names that can be in there (and we can't delete them either) and the same case goes for NameMC where they don't delete bad names so they can have it be on record.

As for the second thing: it would be nice, but I'm not too sure how we'd end up doing that because of bad names existing. While it would be cool, it just doesn't seem plausible right now unless we found a way to exclude inappropriate names.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    Segwat and CupAGhost like this.
  5. It could be possible to put a filter for usernames when creating them for example if dog were a bad word anything that starts with d ends with g is not allowed to be created, and inappropriate usernames that have had to be changed in the past can be made where only staff can see it.

As for the idea of the past usernames overall it seems like it would be cool, but if it isn't implanted if users want they can probably put their past username history on their wall.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
    CupAGhost likes this.
  6. It's sadly a little late for this. We would have to go through every single profile and hide the name ourselves one way or another, whether that be FMs/FNs doing it or having wandy do it himself when implimenting this

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  7. Heyo!

Thank you for taking some time to write out this idea to try and make the forums as best as it can possibly be. Sadly, at this time, we will not be putting a "Name History" tab for all of our players to view previous name histories. As @Marzie has said, us Forum Moderators/Ninjas have a tab to see the previous usernames of our users; however, it is only for moderation purposes. Because of the problem of inappropriate usernames that exist, we will not be able have this for all members to see. Additionally, it does not make sense for us to take the time to go through all of our members previous name history to make sure they are all appropriate, as our resources are much better used making sure that the forums stay a happy place. If you have any further questions, send me a PM!

Thread Locked - Idea Denied

Posted Oct 1, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.