• 1632 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10070 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [NANO] Bow Bombers

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Jaekub, Jul 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hello everyone!

I've come back from the dead to present an idea for a new Nano Game. I would also like to thank @Shaiym, @Veans, and @Snowing_ for some feedback and the suggestions made in the MCI Discord.

- 2 Teams use Explosive Arrows & a Punch I bow to try to hit others off of a 15x15 platform.
    --To use an Explosive Arrow, left click with your bow (7-second cooldown)
    - Arrows would not do any damage to the platform or to the players
    - At 1 minute in, the map would start to crumble like old Micro Battles
    - At the start of crumble, players’ bows will be given Punch II
    - Last player standing wins for their team.
    - Players will be given leather armor to represent their team color
    - Red and Blue would be the chosen colors to represent the teams, and also each side of the platform would be Red and Blue with a white line in the middle.
    - Crossing the white line will knock/bounce you away preventing you from going on the other team’s side.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Posted Jul 23, 2019
    Snowing_ likes this.
  2. Hey!

I actually really like this idea. It sounds interesting and something that hasn't really been played before. Honestly, I think it has a lot of potential but I feel like a 15x15 platform is a bit too small for a game that revolves around bows. Judging from what you said about a line separating the two teams, I'm going to assume that both teams are going to be on a single platform together. If you were to have two separate 15x15 platforms, I feel like that would add a bit more challenge to the game because there would be a gap between the two platforms making the use of a long-range weapon more effective. Either that, or enlarge the platform to give more space for each team. Overall, I actually really like the idea though and I see a lot of potential with it. +1 from me.

Posted Jul 23, 2019
  3. I really like this idea and would love to see this is Nano Games. . .I feel like this would be a great change. It's very original and sounds like a very fun time, though, as @Citrin said, I would probably make the platform larger than 15x15 since the game revolves around long-range weapons.

Posted Jul 23, 2019
  4. Hey there!
    I think that this is definitely a very short and simple idea that I think might actually fit into the nano games theme pretty well. I like the game mechanics so far as it seems very straightforward and pretty clear to where it's headed and the overall objective of the game seems pretty straightforward as well.

I think that so far everything looks pretty neat and put together. I seriously like the overall game mechanics and the idea behind the game. It's a very simple approach to a wide-scaled game and I think this will definitely be a great addition to nano games.

Although I find this game mesmerising, I find it hard to see that this would be a pretty balanced game. It seems like balancing all these players onto a very limited area (15x15) with the addition of multiple bows with punch II seems super compact and I think the timespan of the game wouldn't even reach 1 minute in some cases. Average player aim is pretty good and with a bunch of players shooting at once, I can see how there would be a shorter game expectancy. Instead of crumble happening at 1 minute, I'd rather see it at 30 or 45 seconds to follow the quick game concept.

Furthermore, I don't see how the explosive bow differs from a bow with punch II. Would the explosive arrow actually deal damage to the surroundings or would it just increase knockback overall? If so would there be a limit of how many times players have the ability to use exploding arrows or is it just set in stone with 5 explosive arrows per player? If you could just clarify that would be great.

Overall I think this game has great potential but I think it needs a little work on beforehand. I hope to see this game progress further and I hope to see more of your creative ideas around. Great work, keep it up! [​IMG]

Posted Jul 23, 2019
    skarm, nolawn and ATruePitato like this.
  5. Love the idea of the game itself. We’ve discussed this for a bit in the Community Insights Discord and I’m here to address a few things.

In regards to the 15x15 platform, I understand where you’re coming from, totally. We discussed this quite a bit and we thought 15x15 was a good size for 12-24 people. The reason being is that Punch I or Punch II bows deal knockback but not as much as you might think. At first, we thought of making it the same size as the Quick platform, so 31x31. This definitely was not suitable for a game like this since the game would 1. Last forever and 2. No one would die due to its size. You’d only get hit off if you were standing right on the edge which in most cases, wouldn’t happen if you’re trying not to fall off. For a compromise, we could possibly make the platform 21x21 or something similar. However, I do like the idea of implementing the map crumble at 30-45 seconds in. But I would still like to have the game cap at 2 minutes, only because we don’t necessarily know how long it can take until it’s tested.

In regards to the Explosive Arrows, we thought this would make the game more fun and interesting than just 2 minutes of shooting normal arrows. For one, no, these explosive arrows do not do damage to players or to the platform itself. It only deals a bit more knockback than the knockback from a Punch bow. For example, think of the explosive arrows from SG. All they would do in this game is deal a good amount of knockback. Obviously this could be tweaked in testing and all but that’s pretty much it. And there isn’t a limit to the amount of arrows you have, players will additionally have the Infinity enchantment to bows and to charge an Explosive Arrow, you simply left-click (Punch) your bow. Having the addition of Explosive Arrows makes the game more fun, and hence why the game is called “Bow Bombers”.

I hope this clears any concerns or issues anyone had and also gives some clarification as well. I really enjoy the general concept of the game itself and I hope to see more feedback on this game!

Posted Jul 23, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  6. So we have talked over the size of the platform and we thought 15x15 would work well because anything larger than that would make the game last longer than it should. Keep in mind that this is a Nano Game; it should be quick. I am intrigued by the two separate platforms as it's a unique idea and I will bring it up and it can be discussed. I'll bring you an answer to that later.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 23, 2019
    maxxx likes this.