• 1068 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3647 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Nano Game Idea: Monster Waves

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Anthooooony, Mar 3, 2019.

1. OK, so I have thought of another idea Monster Waves,

So, out of all the information I put and the ideas I was given here is what some of the stuff that was concluded.

-Players will start in a flat map like the chicken shooting game.
    -Monsters will spawn in each 10 seconds and last one standing wins (By round 10 the game will automatically end ,meaning all players left will win)
    -Hearts do not refill
    -The weapon you will start with is a wooden sword and no amour

Extra Ideas:
    -Some monsters will have speed
    -(Achievement possibly: Do not get any hearts taken during the whole game)

So, that is all for right now.

Thanks to Sniper, happily/cameronn, ThanksPyro, Phamtastic and Diamond for the ideas.

If you think any ideas is not good ,then tell me why and also if you guys can give ideas for maps.

*bump*

Posted Mar 3, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 5, 2019
    AceSJus likes this.
  2. Greetings!

I love your idea, but the exact game you described is mob arena on bedrock. On mob arena, you spawn in an old Greek-like arena where you fight mobs. Each mob you eliminate gives you currency as golden nuggets. With the golden nuggets, you can buy upgrades; like full diamond armor and weapon upgrades. Overall, I would totally +1 your idea if it already wasn’t implemented in-game.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | Java Trainee Application | Bedrock Trainee Application | My Profile

Posted Mar 3, 2019
  3. I actually really like the idea of this being a new nano game. Not only is it creative, but it seems like an interesting game to add. Maybe each wave gets a little longer as the number of monsters increases? So possibly the first round is 10, and more monsters spawn as each round ends. Maybe by round 10, anyone left in the match will just be the winners. If we have it go until last man standing, we risk the game becoming too long; defeating the purpose of it being a Nano Game. Overall, interesting idea, and I’ll give it a +1; it could use a little more detail/explanation, however.

The only thing I think would be cool is to change the name to “Mini Monsters” to fit in with the Nano theme.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  4. Hey Caameronn, I just wanted to note that the game “Mob Arena” is exactly what he described. I’m not sure if it’s bedrock only haha!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  5. e
    Ok, yes its exactly what I described but that is much longer than what happilycam/Caameronn said ,which was every 10 seconds we add mobs to the arena and plus why not add it to Nano games it fits perfectly with it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2019
  6. Hello!
    I think that the Monster Waves idea is not bad, and could definitely be a good edition to Nano Games. I do think though that Monster Waves does sound a lot like the Halloween gamemode(forgot name), just on a smaller scale. I do personally enjoy playing a PvE styled game every once in a while, rather than PvP, so this game would be a nice relief. I think that with a bit more tweaking and changes to make it not so much like the Halloween gamemode, this could be a really fun game to play!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  7. Hey there!

The Monster Waves is off to the great start to add to the Nano Games. This will be going to be like similar to the “Mob Arena” game, by fighting against some hostile mobs. I want to add something into this suggestion and it will be the time limit per round. The round will need to last like 1 minute before going to the next round. The round in overall will last 3 rounds until the game is over. It will be nice to have in the Nano gamemode since this is going to be a quick game.

As I am an Event Assistant, we used to host “Mob Arena” during our event that was done by the Events team. I remember that we did some custom game of “Mob Arena” several times last year and I really enjoyed it that much!

Overall, that is an excellent suggestion that you brought out!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  8. I think this could be a really cool nano game, since nano games don't take too much time I don't think there should be upgrades like Sniper mentioned in Bedrock. And since we don't want it to take too much time, what if players can't regenerate their health, or the monsters spawn very fast or any other number of things to make the game fun yet challenging for the player.

Details are missing but I think we can figure some out with the replies this thread gets, I like the base idea :thumb:.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  9. I will upgrade my thread probably today or tomorrow ,so I can put more details.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2019
  10. Hi!

That's an awesome idea you've got there! I think having a short version of Mob Arena from Bedrock would be a great addition to Nano Games; having something new is always exciting. I'll check the thread again once you update it, so I'll be able to give you additional feedback. Thanks for bringing this up!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  11. *
    --- Post updated ---
    I have updated my thread.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2019