• 843 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9281 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Nano Games and Game Amplifier suggestions

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Samfay, Apr 1, 2019.

?

(Select all that apply) I agree to:

1. The game amplifier changes

83.3%
  2. The new Nano Game

83.3%
  3. None of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hey, just had a few ideas for a new Nano Game and update to game amplifiers.

I think Mineplex should add a Monster Maze type minigame as they were always fun to play back in Halloween of 2016/17.
    I also think they should make game amplifiers better value as I activated two Cake Wars game amplifiers earlier with my Power Play club subscription and got a total of around 60 shards after the entire hour.
    I think that Game Amplifiers should automatically tip the user upon ending a game and the total amount of shards per tip should be increased from anywhere between 30 and 50 shards.

Thanks.

Posted Apr 1, 2019
  2. 1st to the game: It would be fun to have something like this there. It could be a hard Mob Maze, where u need to get to the goal as 1st player.

2nd to the amps: There is curently the issue, that there is no way to thank them. The NPC where you was able to thank them, is gone. Mostly only players who use the Plex Mod with the auto-thank feature, are able to thank amps.
    I already made a suggestion to improve amps, which you can find here: https://mineplex.featureupvote.com/suggestions/36462/improve-ideas-for-game-amplifier

Posted Apr 1, 2019
    Samfay likes this.
  3. Hello!
    I personally played Monster Maze a lot back then, and still play it sometimes now in my MPS, so I agree that it would be neat to add a gamemode like that to NANO. Because NANO consists of fast-pace games, it could maybe be like a never ending maze, instead of having safe zones like in the original Monster Maze game. To try and give you a visual, basically you would be standing on the maze area, and there wouldn't be any mobs at the very start. On the screen something like "Round One" would pop up, and then mobs would spawn around the edges of the map, working their way around the maze while you try and avoid them. After like 30 seconds, the round would finish and all mobs would despawn. Then after a few seconds it would pop up saying "Round Two" and even more mobs than the first round would spawn, and maybe the maze would get smaller as well. It would keep going like this until there is one player left. I think combining your ideas with the ones I just gave you make for a really great gamemode in NANO, while not taking a really long time.
    Thank you for the idea!

Posted Apr 1, 2019
    Samfay and pzazz like this.
  4. Hey!

I definitely agree that a monster maze nano game is needed. I personally thought of suggesting this a while back, but I forgot, so i'm so happy to see this post. I think this is a great idea and something like this would be pretty fun, maybe if it was a bit harder and there was only 3-5 rounds in it. Great idea for that.

Your second idea I agree with too. Ever since the game npc's that showed game amplifiers were removed from pre-game lobbies, game amplifiers have not been as good as they used to, due to the fact that they are less accessible to most players since you only get 1 chat notification of the amplifier being active. They should probably compensate with more shards, so I agree with your shards idea too.

Overall, two great ideas and I hope they are both implemented.

Posted Apr 2, 2019
    Samfay likes this.
  5. For the Monster Maze idea, I know I definitely enjoyed playing it in Mixed Arcade whenever it would come up, and with the game rotation gone, you can’t play it anymore. I think a reduced and more simple edition of Monster Maze would suit really well in Nano and be an enjoyable game for others to play.

As for your game amplifier idea, I agree that there should be a better way to enhance their usefulness ever since NPC’s got removed, however I feel like your idea could use more elaboration. Would users get +5 shards for each player that was in the game in the end? [EX) 16 players in a game: 16 x 5 = 80, so you get 80 additional shards to what you’ve already earned] I feel like if that were the case, it would kind of be a little too excessive considering that shards are already doubled and gems are increased by 10% across the whole network. If anything, I think that NPC’s should be added back to pre-game lobbies as well as give the notification server-wide again that a game amplifier has been activated, so players as well as the person who activated the amp can receive their one time +5 shards again.

Posted Apr 4, 2019