• 696 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3275 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

NANO GAMES: (Game Suggestion) Four Corners

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Anthooooony, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Most of you know what four corners is.

The idea of this game is the game will choose one person to be the person that will call out the corners and everybody else will be trying to not to be called out and if they call out your corner you are out and last one standing wins!

I hope it makes sense to everybody since this is not much at all and its a simple game/concept.
    --- Post updated ---
    *bump*

Posted Mar 2, 2019
  2. I love this idea, but to give everyone an equal chance, the caller should be programmed in, rather than picked out. This game mode totally fits in with nano games, and with some more elaboration, definitely has potential to get put in.

Posted Mar 3, 2019
    skarm and pzazz like this.
  3. But Death Tag is in Nano Games and someone is chosen randomly in there

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 3, 2019
  4. I think they are saying that the caller will not be a player, and instead a random picker. It would be better in the case that the player is AFK or not wanting to cooperate with the gamemode.

Posted Mar 3, 2019
  5. Hello!
    This is an interesting idea! I rather like the game four corners but the main issue is with the caller. I feel that they would definitely need to be programed in since it would be all too easy to get an AFK player who wouldn't call any corners. The only solution to this would be to get another caller after a certain amount of time, but I think that would become quite complicated, so I think a programmed caller would be easier. Other than that, I really like the idea. I think it totally fits the Nano dynamic, it's fast paced and seems like fun. Nice idea!

Posted Mar 3, 2019
  6. I did not realize about being AFK or cooperating ,so a programmed caller would be best.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, if anyone has map ideas or any ideas for the game in general ,i will add it to thread
    --- Post updated ---
    *bump*

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 3, 2019
  7. I would love to see this in Nano Games,it really suits the gamemode.I agree with other people,the caller has to be programmed,some players are just not reliable.

Posted Mar 3, 2019
  8. I like the idea in itself, but I don't think a player should be in charge of choosing which corners get eliminated. The reason for this being is that it could possibly result in certain users allowing their friends to win by choosing corners in which they're not in, etc. As stated above, a programmed picker would most likely be the best solution to this if it were to be implemented.

Additionally, this sounds quite similar to a game already in nano called: Color Swap where you're given a color and you have to stand on a platform with that color or you're out. While it's not exactly the same idea, it's basically the same concept considering both heavily rely on RNG placement. Seeing as there's already a game in Nano that is very alike to your suggestion, I don't think that development would spend time and resources on it when it could be better spent elsewhere.

Posted Mar 3, 2019
  9. Hey there!

I love the idea of having to add another gamemode in Nano, but that will take some Dev's time to create it. It can be a great addition to add into the new gamemode at this point and I love to play Nano. I really want to have more Nano games in the future too. That is a great idea that you have for this new suggestion!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  10. Interesting idea! My take on a gamemode like this is, you could have one person chosen that picks the corners, but they can't actually see who's at what corner to prevent unfair choices to let friends win. If possible, it may be a decent idea to have the chat silenced when the caller is choosing just so players can't tell eachother where they stand. In the case that the chosen caller is AFK, I could see there being a certain amount of time to pick, and if the caller doesn't choose a number by then, it's picked randomly.

I feel like if there's only a programmed caller then doesn't that sort of take away the purpose of the person chosen? I know friends can abuse this and not pick eachother but in Four Corners you're not supposed to look anyways. Even if the chat was silenced I know there are other ways to bypass it like through voice chat or if it doesn't silence PM's, but I feel like it could get a bit dull if it's just programmed, especially since Color Swap is a similar game like Skarm said. Maybe I'm not understanding this, why would there be any need for a person in the middle if it just randomly picks for you? I'm just curious as to how that would work.

Four Corners is definitely a fun game, and it'd be cool to see it adapted into a Nano game. Keep up the great ideas!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  11. This is a interesting idea!

I don't really play the nano games,
    But if this is implemented then I'll play it more often!
    BTW I really like the game in real life!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  12. Hey!

I've actually seen this type of gamemode before, and i gotta say, it's super fun & really quick so it would definitely fit into Nano Games! As people said above, a random person choosing wouldn't really work. But other than that it would be a great add! Hopefully the developers see this and work on it sometime soon. Keep it up :)

Posted Mar 4, 2019