• 2125 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10563 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Nano games idea : Diamond

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by soshimee, Nov 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rules : find diamonds fast! (with mining, 2min, diamond pickaxe, efficiency Ⅳ)

Map : random ore

Posted Nov 22, 2018
  2. This reminds me of the nano game, "Ores Ores Ores."

For that reason, I personally don't want to see this implemented.

Posted Nov 22, 2018
    BasicT likes this.
  3. Hey!

Like watty already stated above, this game sounds very similar to "Ores Ores Ores". Quite frankly your idea is just like the game itself but without all the other materials. Wouldn't make much sense to implement a game very similar to such.

Posted Nov 22, 2018
  4. we need to mine ONLY DIAMOND. if I get diamond, I win.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 22, 2018
  5. So basically to win, you need to find a single diamond? If that's the case, then this sounds a lot like one of the challenges in Bawk Bawk Battles where you need to find and mine a diamond around the map. This seems like it would be way too short to be its own Nano game, and if anything, I could see it being one of the Quick challenges. It would be different than BBB if it's more in the Ores Ores Ores style where you actually mine underground instead of just on the surface. Maybe make it shorter, or have the round end once all the diamonds have been mined.

Overall, I don't see this becoming a Nano game, but I could see it being added as a challenge into the game "Quick." I think this could be a nice addition!​

Posted Nov 22, 2018
    hazeae24 and BasicT like this.
  6. no that's not because we spawn at 256 and diamonds are in 10- y

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 22, 2018
  7. Well I'd agree that if you did something like insta break (efficiency 7) and spawned one diamond ore in the map and the first person to mine it won that would make a good game but not what you stated above.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
  8. that's a good idea

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 23, 2018
  9. Hello! This already reminds me of a current Nano Game known as "Ores Ores Ores". To explain, it's basically a game where everyone has pickaxes to mine as many ores as possible before the timer runs out. There are many different ores you can find, and Diamonds and Emeralds give you more points. I don't think having just 1 diamond to find would be challenging enough since there are 24 players usually in a Nano Game lobby. Having to find only 1 before anyone else would honestly make the game a lot shorter than the average Nano Game and doesn't seem like it's enough to be it's own Nano Game. Thank you for making a new Nano Game idea but I'm not sure this will be implemented since this game would be too similar to an existing game in the rotation.

Posted Nov 24, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 24, 2018
    hazeae24 likes this.
  10. Hello!

Thank you for creating this thread and contributing to the discussion on Mineplex! Unfortunately, I will be denying this idea because it is already implemented.

Like many of the other lovely users above stated, the game is very similar to "Ores Ores Ores", which is a game we already have in Nano. In "Ores Ores Ores" you have to mine different resources to gain points and in your idea you have to mine only diamonds. Since the ideas are too similar, it wouldn't be practical to add this to Nano.

I agree with Apples here and I also believe it would be better as a game in Quick. As she previously stated, your idea is one of the games in Bawk Bawk Battles, the gamemode where a lot of the Quick games were inspired by. If you want to suggest this idea being added to Quick, create another thread for it. However, I will be denying this idea becoming it's own game in Nano because it is too similar to another game we have.

Idea Denied - Thread Locked

If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns feel free to PM me!

Posted Nov 24, 2018
    BuySomeApples and Joiined like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.