• 1427 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1427 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Nano Games In MPS [Detailed]

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Caameronn, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I saw a thread from a user by the name of @1Blademaster. His idea was one I too have thought of. It was to add Nano Games to the MPS game rotation and allow them to be playable. I really am a fan of this idea. Some don't exactly think it would be possible, but I do. I was going to reply to Blademasters thread (he was just suggesting it instead of expanding on it), so I thought I would create an entire thread with my ideas and some examples of the idea in action. Here is the link to the original thread if you would like to check it out. (https://www.mineplex.com/threads/nano-games-in-mps.10107)

Alright, we know what the original menu for picking a game looks like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now here is what I think it should look like if they decide it would be a good idea to add any of the current Nano Games to the MPS. I don't believe that it should be infinite like Nano Games normally are. In this suggestion, it would be made so you can pick from any of the current games instead of having an infinite rotation. This doesn't have to be final, but the Nano Games icon could be a Cookie! Upon clicking it, it brings you to all the Nano Games. You can see in the example (which I will put below), there will be the icons of different Nano Games. Not all of them have to be added, but even a few of the Nano Games would be nice. Along with this, the Nano Game option won't be available if there aren't 2+ players in your MPS. Here are some examples:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I apologize if there are any mistakes in the editing of the photos. I'm not insanely good with photoshop, so don't expect it to be spectacular. :P

Anyways, let me know what you think. All suggestions appreciated.

Posted Nov 3, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 3, 2018
    Arianna ♡ likes this.
  2. Maybe even instead of selecting which games you want to play, there could be an option which would allow you to select the games which you don’t want to play, allowing the opportunity to save time and play more; which is always a plus.

Posted Nov 3, 2018
    Caameronn likes this.
  3. +1

I like this and as I said on @1Blademaster 's thread, why not?

Posted Nov 3, 2018
    Caameronn likes this.
  4. I was mainly thinking you could just add which games you want to play to the game rotation. Making it simpler and more understandable. But I definitely think that could work.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2018
  5. Hello there!

I think this would be a great idea to add as allowing people to play their favorite games in MPS is something that I take we should consider. I feel like Nano Games should always be a rotation and you shouldn't be able to just play one game because Nano Games only exists because these games are not enough to be their own game. Some people may not like certain games so I do agree that there should be an option to opt out of playing some certain games, but there should be a limit to that so people don't repeat 2 games constantly. Nano Games is styled differently than other games however so I'm not sure if this will be added, but it would be a benefit to have it be apart of MPS!

Posted Nov 3, 2018
  6. Hello,

Sam (moppletop) already has said Nano Games will not come to MPS. But I like the way you've gone about proposing this idea. Maybe making the player pick the mini-mini game would be better than just being able to set the game to Nano.

Posted Nov 3, 2018
  7. So I am probably going stick on the neutral side because Nano Games in MPS can take lots of work for Developers to implement the changes. The only problem is that when you start the Nano Games in your MPS, it will automatically rotate the next game whenever the previous one was finished. It will not stop until the MPS Host/Co-Host stopped the game.

My only thoughts are that the Nano games in MPS will be different from the regular ones. If one of the Nano, Sploor has finished, it will not automatically change the next one right away. The MPS Host/Co-host will have to manually pick the different one and then start the game. You will also not earned the XP, Gems, and Shards as well. Overall, the suggestion looks good to me, but that will be up to them if they are going to implement it or not.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
  8. @Wiz_Techno Could you link me to where Sam said that, if you can? If he confirmed it won't ever be happening, we can deny this idea, I guess.

Posted Nov 10, 2018
  9. @ssnip Let me see if I can find Mr. Sam's message, but he did say it somewhere in GI.
    https://i.imgur.com/AsOrT2I.png
    https://i.imgur.com/YxoAtZv.png
    Fundamentally, the way Nano Games was written I don't think it's possible for your idea to happen. It might be worth contacting Sam before you guys deny this idea because it has a lot of potential in my eyes.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Nov 10, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 10, 2018
  10. @Wiz_Techno Ohhh, gotcha. So the idea has not yet been flat out denied, but it won't be happening for a while. If the MPS ever gets a re-code, adding Nano Games to it might be on the table. Thanks for finding that.

Posted Nov 11, 2018
    Wiz and Caameronn like this.
  11. Yeah! I’m glad other people agree. If it is possible, I would really like to see it happen. Regarding your other suggestions to the idea, I’ll address it below.

Regarding what you said about it being tasking on the Developers. I’d agree, it definitely would be. But, I do think that for people who play/host MPS’ often, it would be highly enjoyed. I may be wrong here, but I feel the reward is higher than the risk/time this might take.

I had originally suggested that each Nano Game would sort of be played as just a normal game. So if you want to play some Slime Cycles, you pick that and start the game. Once it’s over, it just ends like any other game, rather than continuously going to the next.

However, others have suggested that you manually pick which games you don’t want it to play, and then it runs through the entire rotation (minus what you didn’t want to play) until you have played through each one. Really, to me, either idea is fairly solid.

Thank you from me as well. I knew that Sam had said it, but from what I saw, it didn’t seem like it was definitely off the table. I thought I would at least suggest it and see if this was possible. I’ve heard multiple people say that MPS’ are being reworked, so maybe the addition of Nano Games is possible?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 11, 2018
  12. We'll keep these ideas in mind for when we get an MPS update. We can't make any promises but it'll be brought up if production decides to start planning the update

Posted Nov 16, 2018
    Caameronn likes this.
  13. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2018
    EmmaLie likes this.
  14. Hey!

Fortunately, a while ago there was a Nano update that added the feature for an MPS with Nano games! It's also not infinite, you have to pick a game from Nano like a normal MPS. Anyways, since this was added, this thread will be marked as Implemented. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

Posted Oct 19, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.