• 545 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2629 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Nano Games (Jump Rope) map I submitted.

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by FredModulars, Apr 27, 2019.

?

Do you like this map?

1. Top 3 Jump Rope Maps!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, should be accepted!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sure.

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  4. It's alright, could use some tweaking.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. I don't like it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. TERRIBLE! Delete your application immediately!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hiya! I submitted a Micro Battles map a few days ago (2) and in that time spent hours working on a new map. I always wanted to make a Jump Rope map, and I am not disappointed in my work (in my opinion).
    The map's name is Television Troubles and was made by me alone. The "jump rope" is a remote control facing towards a static television. Hope to see some constructive criticism and some positive messages. Great day!

Posted Apr 27, 2019
    doeo likes this.
  2. Hi!

I quite like this map. I love the original idea you have for the static TV.

What I would say is the line of white on the remote needs to be removed, mainly because it would give players stood there an unfair advantage and make the game a lot easier for them.

Another thing is I think there should be a tad more detail. Don’t get me wrong, it’s very detailed and looks really nice, but the walls are a bit empty. Perhaps add a cabinet with a flowerpot on it or something:)

And my final thing is, I recommend using a screen recorder to showcase your maps in future. This is due to the higher quality it would give along with making it seem more professional. I recommend using Screencast-O-Matic if you’re planning to keep it short and to the point (1-2 minutes) - it’s free, incredibly easy to use and is what I use.

Other than that I really really do like this map and after a few touch ups I think it’d suit Jump Rope!

Posted Apr 27, 2019
  3. Well first off the line (it's green btw) is for "Data Points." It is mandatory in the map guidelines and allows the developers to know where the people will spawn. The builders know that will be removed.

I get your idea with detail. I agree a few places could've been "spruced" (pun-intended) up, though I tried to detail it with whatever came to mind, such as the ship in a bottle and train set.

Finally, been doing the traditional camera for 3 years. Though I agree I need to get screen recorder, I never left my traditional ways. ACTUALLY! Come to think of it, I do have a video where you were in it (and was still buggy). Idk if you want to watch it (most likely not) but here it is anyways to bring back an old time to me:

Anyways thanks for all your comments and I'll be sure to catch back on those!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 27, 2019
    neotheater likes this.
  4. Wow! That was my first Trainee trial ;o; It brings back a lot of memories, thank you for sharing that! And it's good that you're going to take my suggestions into account:) I really think it'd be a good map.

Posted Apr 27, 2019
  5. I love the TV map! The old TV looks like @TeaSpiller 's head (lol(

Posted Apr 27, 2019
    TeaSpiller, FredModulars and doeo like this.
  6. I love it and I think it's amazing. The current jump rope maps are plain and a little boring for my taste. This adds a little fun and stuff. There are a few things the builders will need to tweak and fix to make it fit to the game but I love it you did great. Hope to see more from you.

Posted Apr 27, 2019
    FredModulars and doeo like this.
  7. I really agree with @SpicyXcDylanAP. Jump Rope maps do tend to get boring and this is really creative and looks like it had a lot of effort put into it.
    lol smhhhh

Posted Apr 27, 2019
  8. XD. Didn't even notice that. I just opened 2 screens and copied the "technical difficulties" off of Google Images lol.
    I wouldn't go to say other maps are a bit plain. Sure, some may lack more than others, but maps like Castle Jump or Incomplete Solar System or even the amazing theme and execution of "Elementary" are certainly, in my opinion not plain.

Though thanks for your comments! If this get's accepted (chances=1 in 1,000,000) they will say what (building-related) stuff to tweak if this get's past Stages 1 & 2. Thanks a lot!

Again, thanks a lot for all the feedback and positive responses.

Have a great day to all!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 27, 2019
  9. With this map, I think it is exceptionally thought out and I love the idea but who watches TV that far back lol? Well on to what I like and think you can change about the map! The remote is a bit too wide and long, I'd look at the guidelines - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/nano-games.7955/

Now the decoration of the map is not too high in standards around the whole map, some of it's kind of bland and looks rushed, so try to make it look a bit better. The walls put me off with its texture a bit, A good combination is actually spruce wood and brown clay/terracotta. With the dents in the walls are a good idea but there are too many dents I find for a clean and somewhat tidy room, but there is still a lot of empty space in the map to fill and that's what makes it bland. The floor is bland and could use a light texture with it.

Posted Apr 27, 2019