• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion nano games - least favorite game vote

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ArxCitadel, Jan 20, 2020.

?

do you like this idea?

1. yes

2. no (explain why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hey guys,

this popped into my head when playing nano yesterday-

you know how there is a vote to select your 3 favorite games, and the most voted-on games are ones that come up most often on that nano server? there should be an option to select your 3 least favorite games. it would work in the same way as the favorites - if there a lot of people who have a certain game downvoted... it wouldn't rotate that one in as much.

this could be useful cause there's a lot of times i see a game come up and about 1/3 of the server leaves.
    just a thought, have a nice evening~ <3

-arx

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this already occur indirectly with the favourite map voting? If a lot of people in a lobby don't like some games, they're not going to have selected them as one of their favourites. Therefore, all the other games which are favourited will appear more frequently, therefore making the non-favourited games have a lower chance to appear. So although it's not as explicit as you suggested, your idea is already implemented in a way.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    Specy, nolawn and Crazyy_Tim like this.
  3. Hi there!

I don't really like this idea only because if certain people don't like certain games that doesn't mean others don't and if 1 game is downvoted a lot that player will most likely almost never see that game, this means that if that player was playing that game they would almost never see they favorite game or one of there top 3 games, I'm sorry but I'll be giving this a -1 Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  4. Hello there!

I agree with @Xukuwu on this one. I feel like this is already indirectly a thing because when you vote for your top games, it makes them rotated more often, therefore the less favorites that weren't voted for won't show up as much.

Because of that, I don't really see a purpose of adding this in because it is already basically happening, but thank you for thinking outside the box with this suggestion!

Have a good one :)

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  5. as all of the epic people above me said, arx, there isn’t really much of a need to implement least favorite games when we have favorite games. it’s simple—more people click on a game and say it’s their favorite, then it’ll show up more often. if not that many people put it as their favorite, then it won’t show up that often. that’s it. the most you can do about it is to not put it as your favorite so it’s more likely to not show up on your NANO server.

-1 :(((

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  6. Hello,
    I see where you are coming from on this idea, but a feature like this would not really be needed. As some have stated above, by selecting favorite games you are more likely to play the ones on your list, and less likely to play the ones not on anyone's list. Adding another list just to select the ones that you don't want to play would not change that much. Even if this had a big effect on what games are played, I think it is important that Nano isn't focused on excluding a select few games, but rather prioritizing the most popular ones. Rather than avoiding these less liked games, we should look into improving them or even reworking them. Overall, I think this idea is already covered mostly by selecting favorite games, and implementing this would encourage a bad mindset towards less liked games. For these reasons, I will give a -1. Thank you for suggesting this, and have a nice day!

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  7. I don't think this is needed at all as people may not mind playing some games but might love playing others and if you have them on your least favourite games, those people are more likely to not see those games. I see your point here, but I just don't think this is needed as a feature.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  8. there have been multiple times that a game has come up and half the server leaves. so yes, i believe it is important to exclude a few games because it is annoying to join a whole new server.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2020
  9. i never said it would NEVER come up, i'm saying it would have a smaller chance.

and if a bunch of people had an arbitrary game downvoted, and one had it upvoted, it would register that one person has it upvoted and the game would come up once and a while for that person.

OP OP
  10. If there were multiple downvotes for a game and then one upvote for it, it would still come up significantly less frequently than other games since I believe the system takes into account everyone's favourite games to decide the probability of each game so that one vote would count for very little and for all practical purposes, can probably be ignored.

As I've said, the favourite game system already makes it so that less popular games have a smaller chance of appearing, while making sure that it still appears sometimes.

This sounds pretty anecdotal. If there is genuine evidence that some games are disliked by the entire community to such an extent as for the server to die whenever it appears, then that would be something that would be discussed internally to perhaps remove them. As of now, I can counter your claim that some games are really unpopular due to me (truthfully) not being able to recall any time when a lobby has died. You'd need more concrete evidence than that.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  11. hot potato, musical minecarts, copy cat. when they come on (esp. the first two), i normally see 3-5 people leave, sometimes more.

OP OP
  12. it doesn't make the non-favorited games less frequent, it just makes the favorited ones more. it keeps the non-favorited ones at their regular odds of coming up. my idea would help the really unpopular ones actually LESS frequent, not just staying the same.

OP OP
  13. Once again, this is nothing more than anecdotal evidence. I was playing nano games a few days ago and when musical minecarts came up, no one left the game. Neither of our messages proves anything.

Let's simplify this. Say there were only 4 nano games, each having a base probability of 25% to appear. If I then favourited one of those games, it would have an increased probability to appear, say 40%. Since the probability of all 4 maps has to add up to 100%, the probability of the other 3 maps appearing would each have to decrease to 20%. Do you see how by increasing the probability of a favourited game, I have indirectly decreased the probability of a non-favourited game?

Posted Jan 20, 2020