• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7183 Players Online
  • 4293 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Nano Games Squid Shooters: Click Q for Squid Mode

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Vocaloiid, Aug 14, 2020.

1. I have not played on this server for about 5 months now, so bear with me if I make any mistakes whatsoever.

I made this idea before when I was on Ideas Team, however I don't know where it went. The idea is to simply allow people to turn into squid form by dropping the saddle in their inventory. It could be an alternate or addition to the "Scroll to a different slot in the hotbar". I find it a bit more simpler to drop the saddle instead of scrolling to another location.

Thank you again for hearing me out

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Caameronn likes this.
  2. Hey!

Before I start, I believe you are talking about Sploor in Nano Games. And the paint gun you have is horse armor. Now, I want to explain that I am a little on the edge about this. Let me explain why...

I strongly feel as though the swapping to another slot of your hotbar is a good way to accomplish squid morphing. I've never really seen this as a hassle or inefficient - it genuinely works quite well. However, I definitely see where you are coming from; we are all used to dropping our weapon for special abilities in games such as Champions, so having the same apply here does make sense. But, keep in mind, when you are squid morphed, you should not be able to still use your paint gun. If you have the morph activation also with you holding the gun, it's going to cause some problems, mostly player confusion of why their gun isn't shooting (assuming that gun is disabled in squid mode).

Due to this, I think that the current system is still the best way to activate squid morph while having the logistics behind the game easy to pick up/understand. As such, I will be giving this idea a -1.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  3. No, as you can just press a button and boom, different slot, instead of scrolling with the mouse

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  4. Will they truly be confused though? Or is that just a current suspicion of yours? It's always good to test it out

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2020