• 1997 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1997 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Nerf creeper on halloween havoc

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Tails The Fox, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Heya. In halloween horror i've noticed a lot people die in 1 shot when the creeper explodes near them. I personally do not like how much damage the creeper does. I think that the creepers in halloween havoc should be nerfed considerably so that creepers don't kill players in one hit.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  2. If you play correctly you don't get instantly killed by them. If you're getting instantly killed by them (After a nerf to the damage already happened earlier in the month...) then that's a result of poor gameplay on your end. Yes creepers do a lot of damage, but only if you don't play right, they're rather easy to avoid and also relatively easy to kill.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Rilau, nico, kim_crazy and 3 others like this.
  3. Creepers ain't that big of a deal,just hit them 1 or 2 times walk backwards a bit and do that for a couple of times and they are dead.And watch out for fireworks because they are an indicator that a creeper has spawned.

In my opinion having an OP mob is alright when you have map related issues that make it easier for the player ( the house when fighting the giant and the pillars when fighting the pumpkin king)

Also,those 2 spots make me think that the map testers do absolutely nothing, just like any other staff team.( because the spots are so damn obvious that even a new player can think of how to abuse them )

Posted Oct 28, 2020
  4. I've seen a lot of people talking about how they dislike the sheer damage creepers cause, however I doubt it will have any adjustments made to it this year owing to how soon the event is likely to end (It is only 3 days to go till Halloween at time of writing). However should the game return next year I think it should definitely be something to consider. Personally, I think having a one shot mob is not a bad idea as long as there aren't an abundance of them, I think it spices up gameplay and as stated above, having a firework signal one spawning means it isn't a complete surprise and you have time to react.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  5. Hey!

So personally, I actually think that the current strength of the creepers in Halloween Havoc adds a fun twist and extra challenge to the gameplay, and it just makes it a bit more interesting in my opinion. Also, as affinity0 stated above, Halloween is only a few days away from now, so I don't suspect that this is going to be changed this time around primarily due to the fact that the spooky season is coming to an end very soon. In the future however, I do think that this is something that could be up for debate again, especially if the majority of the community appears to concur that the amount of damage that the creepers do should be re-evaluated. Anyways, those are just some of my thoughts on this and I hope that you have a great rest of your day!

Thanks for the idea!

Posted Oct 28, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 29, 2020
    Rilau and Fusafez like this.
  6. Although creepers kill you in 1 hit in most cases, they also have a lot of counters! To start, it isn't that hard to escape from a creeper. More specifically, rogue can get away in one double jump, and other kits can just as easily run away. There are already fireworks that signal when a creeper spawns, which is a big heads up and makes up for the fact that they can kill you in 1 explosion. Another way to counter creepers is to simply stand behind a block. A creeper can only kill you in 1 hit if your full body is exposed. If your feet are covered by a block (for example, hide inside of a tent during the Gendo stage and let the creeper explode outside), you only take 1 heart of damage.

I don't want to see a nerf to creepers because they make you pay attention to the game a lot more. I see people dying to creepers fairly often, and it serves as a reminder that you are never safe. The creeper plays a role that no other mob does, and it contributes to how people play the game.

Anyways, thank you for your suggestion =)

Posted Oct 31, 2020