• 792 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12139 Players Online
  • 11347 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Nerf the TNT kit

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by BannableName, May 15, 2020.

1. Hello, everyone!
    I will just get straight to the point. Many people complain about others just not hiding at all and becoming chickens with hyper axes but most, unfortunately, fail to see the other side of the problem. As all of you reading this thread may know the TNT kit gets TNTs every few seconds and those TNTs cause massive destruction. This might sound a little bit dramatic but hear me out. Out of all the times I and some others tried to actually play the game like it's supposed to be played and hide somewhere we were just thrown TNT at and our spot was revealed in a matter of seconds. We had a very good spot and it was hardly accessible and we were just discovered like that by a click from a TNT hunter. I believe that's mainly why people are becoming chickens it's because even if you managed to find a spot you will more than likely be blown up and discovered by a TNT hunter. I propose to make it so it destroys fewer blocks and not a whole chunk making it not as easily abusable.
    That's all I had to say, let me know what you guys think as well.

Posted May 15, 2020,
    Last edited May 15, 2020
  2. What is the nerf proposed, all I see is a statement about TNT being used and chickens who are playing the game now playing the better game of routing.

TNT is a kit used to expose hiders and create ways of getting to them. If anything the downside to this kit is the abuse to get out of maps or cover up Extra Sensory Perception claiming the area of effect is random.

Posted May 15, 2020
    230V likes this.
  3. It's just too good. If you are in a really good hiding spot and someone throws a tnt it's over. Also, thread edited and nerf I suggest added.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2020
  4. The TNT kit currently gets a new TNT every 15 seconds, not every few seconds.

Part of the purpose of the TNT kit is to get Hiders to run from spots once found. The blast radius of TNT is fairly small, and can only ever really be used to blow up a single block pile, or to blow up a wall/floor to create another entrance for Hunters. The difference between blowing up a block pile and hitting each block individually is not that great, so the main function as actually creating other entrances or causing hiders to fall when the floor is blown up. Additionally, these holes can be a nuisance for other Hunters, which can create an issue.

It is fairly easy to run when a TNT hunter throws TNT on you. The duration before it blows up is quite long, so Hiders are given plenty of time to react.

The main reason people are becoming chickens is actually due to ESP. ESP that detects animals is less commonly used than ESP that detects blocks. If a TNT Hunter ran straight to you and through TNT only on your block pile, they were more than likely either ghosting or using ESP. If they are throwing it at every pile, there are generally opportunities to run when they are looking away.

Block Hunt may be a Hide and Seek game, but its also fairly similar to tag. Running once found is a major aspect of the game. With this in mind, TNT Hunter is actually an underused kit in need of a buff, if changed. It hinders its own team too much, and Hiders can avoid many of the uses of the kit if they pay attention to their surroundings.

Posted May 15, 2020,
    Last edited May 15, 2020
  5. 15 seconds aren't necessarily "A lot" for its effect. I understand that you might think it's not doing a lot of damage and it doesn't cause much destruction though that's not the case. I would like to mention that I never hide outside If I don't become a chicken and just hide regularly, I just go into houses most of the time. If I'm in a house and a radar hunter comes by and their radar senses me there then they will either get a TNT hunter or become one and just proceed to blow up the whole house pretty much ruining the whole point of actually "finding" someone.
    I'm also very aware that people using ESP is also a reason people use chickens but there are a few other reasons such as this one and just the XP, shards, and gems you get if you basically just spawn kill. People are so used to just becoming chickens and getting a hyper axe from a friend or regularly because they are either going to be found be ESP or just blown up by tnt.

OP OP
  6. Hmmm... A few weeks ago I bought a Brawler kit in SG, it turned out that this purchase also unlocked a brawler from one of the Mixed arcade games. Now I am wondering if this will work with the SG TNT thrower and Hide&Seek TNT thrower.

Posted May 15, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  7. There is also currently a bug with f3+b where solid Hiders have their hitbox display, as if the falling sand entity still exists. If a Hunter sees this through a window, it is fairly simple to throw a TNT. That being said, since you are inside a building, you should also be able to see out of that window, and you have cover to run behind to try to lose the Hunter if found.

Posted May 15, 2020
    JAKE/// likes this.
  8. I'd hardly call 15 seconds a "few" seconds

In terms of using TNT, this is playing the game like it's supposed to be played.

People are on the whole becoming chickens because it has the smallest hitbox, and is not as vulnerable to F3+B and ESP like ordinary blocks are.

To be pedantic it destroys nowhere near a full chunk of blocks, even in most destructive of circumstances.

Overall I believe you are making this out to be a bigger issue than this actually is. On a side note, I'd be curious to know what your very good spot is to see if it is as good as you say, given that there are already a few exaggerations in this post.

Even if that issue is a thing that exists, I don't believe that will be the case, as the SG and BH TNT Kits go under different names (Bomber and TNT Hunter respectively).

Posted May 15, 2020,
    Last edited May 15, 2020
    230V likes this.
  9. Hello Ant87.
    Personally, I don't think using TNT to just dig people out of their spots is how the game should be played and the reason is: This is supposed to be a hide and seek game. You are supposed to find people manually either with signs that they are there or by finding them themselves. With that being said I don't think in regular hide and seek there should be an option to just blast a TNT and destroy several blocks revealing the one hiding. In addition, there are several people who just spam it everywhere to find the hiders rather than just going around and finding them either with a radar or with going around and trying to think of spots someone might have hidden in.
    Regarding your 3rd point, you are probably right. When I said it I meant that it destroys multiple blocks. This issue does exist and I don't think I made an exaggeration (Well expect the chunk part). The spot I was somewhere where you have to parkour and there was a banner you went in and others just couldn't come in except if they did the same parkour. Instead of that happening they just threw a TNT and found us. I believe that's not fair but of course, everyone has different opinions.
    Have a good day!

OP OP
  10. I'm aware of that bug, many use it. I was actually in a very tiny spot and once the hunter got in it took 3 or 4 shots to kill me and I just couldn't run because the entrance was so tiny and there was stuff in the way.

OP OP
  11. Why didnt you make a post about radar hunter instead if finding hiders too easily is the problem

Posted May 15, 2020
  12. Heyo!

As someone who used to play Block Hunt I can relate. The problem with this is that if this kit were to get nerfed the other kits would also either have to get nerfed or buffed. If the other kits were to not be changed it would end up not being fair. The whole point of the TNT kit is that it is to be used to find the players. The cost of the kit would also have to go down if it were to get nerfed as well. If you change one thing you might have to change a bunch of other things too. You get what you pay for in Mineplex, and this kit isn't that overpowered the more you think about it. If it was overpowered it would have been removed years ago. I am very sorry. Have a great day! :)

Posted May 15, 2020
  13. I can agree to an extent with what you just said. If it's changed many other things will have to change for it to fit in and maybe that would cause issues so after all maybe it shouldn't be nerfed.

OP OP
  14. yes you play alot of bh!!
    [​IMG]

Posted May 15, 2020
    JAKE/// likes this.
  15. The hide and seek type of gameplay just isn’t viable anymore; there are too many ESPers, radars, and leapers are getting smarter at playing the game.

Posted May 15, 2020
    JAKE/// likes this.
  16. We should worry more about the destructor kit. That's WAY to OP.

Posted May 15, 2020
  17. I'll say different blocks have different blast resistance as well...

Posted May 16, 2020