• 885 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3294 Players Online
  • 2409 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Nerfing/Removing Frosting

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Skybaser, Jul 3, 2019.

1. I do completely agree with this nerf. As we know, this kit has become heavily overpowered and I am glad someone decided to step up to the plate and bring awareness to this issue. I feel like the main reason we need to see a nerf is because the other kits are too underpowered and hold no authority over the snowball. This kit has, to me personally, gotten out of hand as these snowballs act like a fishing rod and well, with Mineplex's PVP system, rods become very overpowered when in play... thus a nerf would be greatly appreciated to balance out the equality with other kits.

+1 toward this idea.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    vikulik likes this.
  2. “Heavily overpowered” is a very subjective term in this situation. Some actually good players can deal with the other person having frosting and still win. Kits are meant to be used and you have to adapt and make changes to your gameplay rather than expect a huge nerf which may or may not happen. A lot of people have no problem with the kit and it’s not overpowered. Also, as far as I am aware, on your stats, you haven’t played a single game of cake wars. Once you get more experienced against the kit, you’ll see it’s not as great as everyone makes it out to be.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    vikulik likes this.
  3. I think its funny that the only people who complain about Frosting are the people who don't have it. You should see how many hours it takes to grind for it. It isn't as overpowered as you think it is.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  4. I think that they should make 2-3 snowballs. Kit builder gets to build up with a lot of wool and platform over with 5 platforms. That's pretty powerful, only until they suffo glitch. Then that's not fair.
    --- Post updated ---
    Lol. I use my fingers on the number keys. It works fine.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  5. Hey everyone,

Before I start with what this thread, I don't personally like the frosting class and I do think it needs to a nerfing but not as much as everyone wants.

If there is anything I missed please feel free to mention it below and please do feel free to correct me on any mistakes I made

As @_NoHaxJustCats_ said here, it takes hours, days maybe even weeks of grinding to get the achievement kit because of how hard the achievements are to get, and if there were to be a nerf to this kit, it would also cause some of the achievements to change due to the fact of how underpowered the kit will be, I'm not saying it does or doesn't need a nerf here.

Nerfing the kit won't balance out the equality of other kits since the frosting kit is designed for the 16 current achievements in Cake Wars;

The builder kit is mainly for building primary for the gamemode and you receive building materials every 4 seconds and a platform every 10 seconds,

The warrior kit is there so you can keep fighting even if you get third partied, if you get a single kill, it regenerates 3 health immediately after you kill an enemy,

Archer, well it's in the name, You receive an arrow every 6 seconds and every time you get a kill

and finally the Frosting kit was designed as a last method defence for your cake, You get a snowball every 6 seconds and the snowballs slow down an enemy for 2.5 seconds.

I do believe that you are right about something, nerfing it in a way, Make it so the snowball only slows down the enemies for 1.5 seconds instead of 2.5 which I personally believe is too long, but what you said just wouldn't even out the kits.

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  6. Hi!

Like everyone else mentioned, this topic has been brought up multiple times before and even though I agree its an annoying kit especially when someone who’s good at rodding or pvp in general is using it. I’m surprised no one really brought the fact that other kits are underrated compared to frosting. I mean sure, if you’re going against a player who trades hits with you without snowballs in fights, you’re going if have a disadvantage in 1v1s if you choose no kit (uh not possible but just saying) at all if they’re using frost. But the point of kits is to have it’s own individual pros and cons in the game. Frosting is just used a lot because a lot of players see good players combo others with frosting so they follow along as well.

Basically, frosting is an “alright” kit based on what achievements you have to complete for it but there’s honestly not that big of a reason to nerf it (even though I see it coming from the amount of players that constantly bring it up) when there are other kits that are decent or even better than frost when played correctly.

For example, I know a bunch of friends who play builder a lot but they only use their platforms and blocks to build to capture points at outer and mid, sometimes the cake islands that spawn throughout the game. The rest of the platforms and blocks are just sitting there in their inventory. Use those extra blocks and platforms to build over players (especially those with frost) and get that height advantage in fights. Next, warrior kit. You have two options, 2v1 or dodge. 2v1s might make you look weak but if you expect a player can 1v1 with someone who is literally using a rod, especially if they’re good already without snowballs in fights, uh.... have fun. If you do decide you want to 1v1, best advice I can give is try to dodge the snowballs and avoid spaces where you can get knocked into the void (try to stay near center of the area). It’s really not that hard to dodge them since ~most frost reliant players cant aim~ LOL JK <3 jking, jking ):

All I’m saying is that these other kits are also really good, we just have to think outside of the box to defeat the players who are good with frost. Players are just complaining about this kit because it’s not that hard to play, therefore more players are being reliant with the snowballs lol.

yeet,
    ~nouqt//ailin

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  7. Hello!

I have multiple views on the frosting kit and I will get to all of them. Frosting kit is hard to achieve due to the number of achievements it requires to obtain the kit. Frosting kit may seem overpowered at times, but as people have said, it can be easily countered.

I think that if you have to spend all the time to get the frosting kit, you should get a pretty good reward. Currently, there are 16 achievements which can take a while to finish all of them. It's a high-grind reward and is well deserved.

It may seem overpowered at times, but it can easily be countered. As other users stated above, you can dodge the snowballs, build a quick wall, or do other maneuvers. If you happen to get hit, you could still kill the person if you have a teammate. Though it can be hard to counter, it's not overpowered.

Overall, the speed may be annoying, but it eventually wears off. It can be easily countered, which is a big factor in deciding if it's overpowered. It's also hard to obtain due to it having many achievements you have to complete. The overall answer is: No, it's not overpowered. It could be nerfed by decreasing the duration of the slowness effect, but it's not needed as a change.

Have a great rest of your day.

Kind regards,
    Wrappingz

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  8. What
    What
    It wasn't designed as a last ditch defence kit. It's designed to excel in 1v1s. It does excel in 1v1s. The fact of the matter is that it is probably the best kit for 1v1s, especially if you mean melee 1v1s.
    The kit itself is the reward. The kit doesn't have to be better than the other ones on top of that, which would make it by definition unbalanced. This isn't a certain other server and we don't balance like that other server for a reason.
    I'm confused as to what people who "dodge the snowballs" do when they encounter someone who can actually aim. Is this a "guess I'll just die" moment? Also, what are the chances that someone misses all of their snowballs? It'd be one thing if you only had to avoid one, but Frosting has more than one snowball. I'm a bit lost on how building a quick wall solves the issue of there being someone who wants to kill you on the other side of that wall. Also, what are those "other maneuvers" you mention? It's a bit hard to strafe someone when you're significantly slower than them. Walking backwards is an easy way to get combo'd. What are you suggesting? As for 2v1ing someone, that's not really a counter in a game like this.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    Hestong and leo_thya like this.
  9. yes, i agree, please change the frost kit in cake wars!

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  10. Hmm. In my eyes, I don't think anyone gets to "earn" a kit that gives an advantage that might as well be considered meta by how well the kit does. But i do think you could earn a kit that gives a fair advantage and is also fair to play.

A kit that you grind for so you can get wins is bad game design if you ask me. A kit that you grind for so you can have even more fun playing the game, that's what i like to hear.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  11. I believe frosting is a balanced kit. Frosting is just a pvp advantage, which, in all uses can be countered. As a frosting user, I mainly use the snowballs to knock people off bridges and slow enemies down as I chase them. When you use frosting for direct close combat, placing a block(builder kit), platform suffocation(builder kit), bow spam(archer kit), using enderpearls, knockback sword, and just having better gear can easily counter a good frosting player.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  12. Hey!

Currently, I'm on the edge with this one. As much as I agree that it's very annoying to deal with slowness, knock-back, and such a disadvantage with PvP, I think that the amount of achievements that are needed to be completed in order to actually receive the kit justify the perks that it gives.

Imagine grinding all of those games of Cake Wars, to be given something that barely provided an advantage at all? And for the people who have already put in the time and dedication to earn the kit, it's hard to take it away from them because they earned it through a ton of in-game time. I just feel that a removal or even a nerf would be a little unfair the the players who currently have it.

The kit has a lot of pro's with it, truthfully, and the slow-inducing snowballs can seem a little overpowered at times, but when you account the amount of time spent in-game to receive the kit itself, I feel like this advantage is well-deserved. The snowballs don't last permanently, I've seen many players win games without this kit facing others who do have it, and I have personally won some PvP fights versing players with this kit while I don't have it equipped.

Cake Wars isn't just about PvPing, and if you attempt to win a game without any bit of strategy involved, it's going to be extremely difficult to reach that win. While the snowballs provide a large advantage with PvP, there are still tons of other factors that go into actually winning the game itself rather than one fight, and that kit isn't able to provide these other aspects. For example, Archer is a great way to avoid being killed by a player with snowballs, simply by staying a safe distance away.

Keeping this in mind, I see where you're coming from with your point, but I still think that it's completely possible to not only win PvP fights against people with Frosting, but it's also highly possible to win games, depending on how you approach them and what strategies you are using. This is why I personally don't see a nerf or removal necessary for the game.

But, this is just my opinion. Hope this gave a little bit of insight!

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  13. I absolutely agree. My friend and I were having a cake wars marathon today and we ran into so many people spamming snowballs and slowing us down, it's virtually impossible to have a fair fight with someone if you have slowness

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  14. Expect a video on frosting soon
    "Not overpowered" I totally disagree with you
    This kit is a game ruiner and half of the people who SAY that it's not are the ones who think it's op so they wanna keep it and abuse it

3 of us got frosting on like 2-3 alts, I have it on my main and I've played this unbalanced game long enough to tell that you're just wrong.

And for many others who replied to this thread:
    1. Just no. Frosting is hard to get if you play solo or have a few other friends who are playing for the first time. If you have a good team you can get every single achievement in 1 hour or even 30 min
    2. Yes, there are ways to counter it but it requires so much effort or multiple people. Constantly spamming platforms on them (if you don't suffocate them then you fail), 2v1ing etc
    Builder isn't hard to beat in a 1v1? Archer is completely balanced? Warrior is good for teamfighting but doesn't have such a huge advantage like frosting?
    3. In the end, frosting is an overpowered/broken kit and I will release a video proving it. If 4 full iron (or even less geared) frostings with no enchantments can beat 4 half/full diamonds (with maxed enchants) in a teamfight at their base, then I don't know man

^ Possibly last reply from me

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 19, 2019
  15. How long, 2 months? I have been playing it since it came out in 2017.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  16. You don’t have to play for 2 years to figure out if a kit is OP or not, given you understand the game, so I’m not sure why you brought this up.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Fall likes this.
  17. Didn't think i'd have to make another reply
    I've been playing on this server since 2013 and cake wars since the day it was released (this is not my main account).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 19, 2019
  18. Alll i saw with the kit was people throwing a snowball slowing me to a crazy disadvantage and then hitting me off with a fist.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah tho, its a crazy good kit.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  19. Hello.

During 2 players in a 1v1 combat in Cake Wars, if any of them uses frosting, it gives Slowness II to other player, which means get combo'ed easily. The players who got this kit also earned 16 achievements, so we can say they aren't "bad" at PvP. With an advantage, they can easily destroy the others. But, I think that even they aren't very good at PvP, with a huge combo advantage - with Slowness II effect - they can easily beat other players.

So, overall result: It's overpowered, it should be nerfed.

Best Regards.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  20. Hi! As a player that enjoys a variety of games on mineplex (Bridges, Micro Battles, Super Smash Mobs, Draw my Thing, Skywars, ect.) I can say, cakewars is not among one of these games. There is 2 reasons I do not enjoy playing this game.
    1. The hackers - While some other games such skywars have hackers, you can deal with them if they dont have anti kb by knocking them off the island with earth or by properly using lava buckets. In cakewars, it feels as if hackers have less counterplay. I won't tread much on this though since the thread is about the infamous achievement kit.
    2. Frosting - As somebody who does not play cakewars, I can absolutely say that this kit is actively deterring me from playing the game. Firstly, I would like to say that achievement kits dont have to be broken because you work hard for them. None of the other games have broken achievement kits, so that argument is not valid. Second, I would like to talk about the most op kit in another pvp game. Beserker in bridges - Many people like to argue that the kit is broken due to it's ability to run away from other kits in bad situations. While the skill cap is high, you can beat beserker if you know how to use apple, brawler, and destructor on sky maps correctly. If you get beat by a beserker using these kits, they simply outplayed you. The same can not be said for frosting however, since at higher levels it feels like their is not such a definitive answer to this kit. Believe it or not frosting players, but that defines this kit as overpowered. It's so frustrating to be outplaying someone for them to just come in with frosting and beat you. If someone knows how to use the kit properly it becomes impossible to counter in 1v1s unless you're outplaying the frosting player by a lot. Until this kit gets nerfed, many people will actively avoid playing cake wars. My friends and I were literally about to play cw yesterday, but we remembered frosting and just went back to bridges. So please, nerf the frosting kit. Even if I can beat a player using the kit, it is just such a drag doing so. I honestly can't be bothered to play this game with this lame kit ruining any fun I could have playing it, and I'm sure many others agree with me.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Task likes this.