• 522 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7507 Players Online
  • 6985 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Network ban staff members who cheat

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by gzen, Aug 1, 2020.

?

Thoughts

1. Ok

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am going to have to disagree with most people and agree with @ImFreee / ItsFree and @iPod5 . They would receive their punishments which is a demotion and their respective ban. Staff are humans too and just because they hacked when they were staff at like 14 doesn’t mean they should be nwb and never be able to come back. I feel like something like a 1 year ban from applying on the staff team or any community sub teams would be better suited.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
    iPod5, Looof, chrvssy and 2 others like this.
  2. Age doesn't apply to this situation, I am simply referring to staff members cheating as a whole.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 2, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. Hey, I wasn't suggesting at all that it's okay for staff members to closet just because they do other good for the community. My point was that they're still people, and the current rules for staff members found cheating seem appropriate in my opinion. A NWB just seems overly harsh, even though it would be disappointing if it was to happen.

As for mistakes, it's not always the case that people regret their mistakes straight away. The purpose of a ban is for the banned user to take time to reflect on their mistakes. I can see where you're coming from and to some extent I agree with you, since at first they will probably be more sorry that they got caught than that they actually did it to begin with. But over time, if a staff member was caught cheating, they might potentially come to realise their wrongdoings and want a second chance, for which a NWB doesn't give you the chance. You have to remember the staff team is made up all of ages, especially with the age cap being reduced to 13 only last night, and some may be less mature than others.

This sort of topic is a gray area.. there's no right or wrong answer imo. It's probably best to just leave it down to staff management if it ever came to this (which we can only hope that it doesn't by instilling trust into our staff team). The most fair punishment system is one that allows for appeals, which Mineplex does. A permanent ban in-game seems like an appropriate punishment, as if they truly regret their wrongdoings, then they can have the chance to appeal their punishment.

Nobody's perfect, and we do all make mistakes, hence I think a NWB is unnecessary and should just be left the most serious offences as it currently is - not to say this offence isn't serious - but hacking affects gameplay only.. so I don't see why staff members found to be hacking can't be banned just from the game. It wouldn't look great on them or the staff team, and following the ban it can be up to the individual how they choose to respond to the ban.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
  4. People change, and a network ban is permanent.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN, BlondieBrook and scarlet like this.
  5. Fully agree.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
    Ref, CraftyAditya674 and Timed like this.
  6. In my opinion, if someone is deemed mature enough to be a staff member, they should also certainly be mature enough to understand the consequences of actions such as cheating in advance. Many people mature at different rates independent of age, so no matter what age they are, if they are deemed ready and mature enough to take on the responsibility of a staff member, they should just as well be ready to take on the consequences of breaking staff policy in any way. Yes, people make mistakes and take time to reflect and mature, but in my opinion this is a level of maturity that should be reached prior to become staff in the first place. Therefore, if a staff member still decides to break these rules, it should be met with a greater punishment, in this case a network ban. Once again, this is just my opinion and view of this situation.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
    Mitchy, gzen and JAKE/// like this.
  7. Thread locked.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
  8. Thread was locked on my request and I should explain why. While I inherently have no huge issue with threads like these it seems as though some people are using it as an excuse to harass people, which is not acceptable. Furthermore, I do not wish to publicly comment on our staff policies. If a staff member would like to have a conversation with me about this subject they are free to send me a message on slack. For community members who would like to make their case on this particular subject. My DMs here are always open.

I'm sorry this thread had to end the way it did but I hope you all understand why. Thanks!

Posted Aug 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.