• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Never spawning as hunter...

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by TripleTrebleTrouble, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Any idea why I almost never spawn as hunter despite being queued for several games? Don't Eternals or paid ranks get some sort of priority or preferential matchmaking?
    I see other eternals spawn as hunter every game but not me for some reason. RNG might be at play but I spawn as hider 99% of the time and I'm always queued as hunter.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  2. Change your default kit to a hunter kit and you’ll be hunter 100% of the time.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    OakStairs likes this.
  3. Not exactly 100%, sometimes it just puts you into the other team so you have to set your default kit again.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  4. Due to the way Mineplex handles team selection, this is not true. If anyone switches the hunter kit that they are playing during the match, their default kit becomes the kit they selected. This leads to many new players switching to be default hunters without realizing (as they often switch to radar/tnt once they are found, making one of these their default kit). These players then do not queue as hider for the next round, leaving them as a default hunter. This causes there to be too many default hunters. Since there is a limit to the number of starting hunters, not everyone who purposefully selects hunter will be one.

A potential fix would be for Mineplex to make it so that switching one's kit mid-match would not set one's default kit. (Only selecting a kit in the lobby would set one's default kit.) This change would decrease the number of people who accidentally become default hunters, letting those who purposefully joined the hunter queue have a better chance at being hunter. This would also help reduce the amount of people being randomly moved to the hunter team, as many people leave if they start as a hunter.

Posted Aug 29, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 29, 2019
  5. Idk, I’ve always been put hunter 100% of the time when my default kit was hunter. Perhaps it’s factored along with IGN? Because I know that’s how some things are sorted.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  6. This was a planned change on the BH update doc, however @Sobki wasn’t able to look into it at the time! To me it is indeed the problem, as people do not realise that their kit changed and end up getting confused as to why they are hunting, while those who wanted to hunt get frustrated because they can’t. Hopefully the change will be made in an upcoming update!

Nope! That would mean buying a rank gives a gameplay advantage as you are able to join the team you want more easily, it would thus break the Minecraft EULA.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  7. You're the first person I've seen that's actually wanted to be a hunter

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  8. One of the achievements require you to win as a hunter.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  9. I obviously play Block Hunt too much. But the issue might be, choose the kit you want as a Hunter and spam that Red Sheep until it says "You're already on the Hunters Team" or something like it. If it doesn't work go to a new lobby and redo it again and it'll work. :)

Posted Aug 29, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 31, 2019
  10. Yeah if you change your default kit to a hunter, your most likely going to become a hunter. Most people prefer to be a hider so it's much easier for you to become a hunter. Gotta make sure that you keep spamming the red sheep so that it makes sure your on the red team, that's what I always do and I 90% of the time get hunter.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  11. right...

Anyway, the issue most likely isn't anything that you're doing. Just make sure to queue for Hunter or choose a Hunter Kit while you're in the waiting lobby. If you constantly spawn as Hider despite taking the steps to be a Hunter, then you might just be in a server with a lot of people who are already queued as Hunter before you, so you can try to go to another one.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  12. I also have trouble becoming hunter, and if I have been becoming hunter than I would have most likely have the achievement.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  13. Players with purchased ranks don't get preferential treatment when it comes to which team they'd like to join. I almost exclusively play as Hunter and I usually don't have many issues with getting on the Hunters team since my default kit is set to Leaper Hunter. There have been a few times where I have still been put on the Hiders team when there were a lot of people wanting to be Hunter, but it's rare that that happens. That's just my experience though.

Posted Sep 2, 2019
    awaitable likes this.
  14. yep this is exactly why a few people are trying to play hunter. For the issue of not getting on the hunter side, you can just set your default kit to a hunter kit and it should always put you on there. It used to seem random to be but when I went for my hunter wins it nearly always put me on hunter.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  15. Heyoo!

I also have trouble becoming a hunter and that's mainly because of your UUID, I'm not entirely sure how that works but yeah I'm pretty sure that's the reason, someone explained to me that a long time ago. You can try to make hunter as your default kit and I personally can join the hunter's team only in the situations when there are 4 or fewer players in the queue for the hunters.

Posted Sep 7, 2019