• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8151 Players Online
  • 5261 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Arcade Game: Floor is Lava (Idea)

Discussion in 'Arcade Games' started by D3ft, May 26, 2020.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yes

68.2%
  2. No

31.8%
  1. Basically It's an open map with trees and ores and such and the game gives every player a block that is safe, they can find the block around the map or they can craft it, but after a set time limit the other blocks turn to lava, and this repeats until players are given the ability to knock each other into the lava and the last one standing wins. It might be a bit longer than traditional arcade games but I think its a great idea. Got the idea from this video:
    Let me know your ideas

Posted May 26, 2020
  2. This game is essentially a more complicated, large-scaled Color Shuffle. However, Nano Games tends to feature a lot of variants of Mixed Arcade gamemodes (Micro Battles v Nano Battles, Slime Cycles v Snake, Glads) so this could make for a good Mixed Arcade counterpart to Color Shuffle. Overall, I’ll give you a plus one. I think this would make for a great addition to Mixed Arcade.

Posted May 26, 2020
  3. Agreed with the post above! This does seem like a perfect thing to add to mixed arcade! I like the idea of having certain specific blocks that are "Safe", seems like a unique concept. Plus one yes vote from me :D

Posted May 26, 2020
  4. This seems like a mix between Nano Colour Swap and Nano Bawk Bawk's Wrath. It's a very simple idea that would be a lot more at home as a nano game instead of an arcade game, but even then I'm not too keen on the idea since as I said, it's essentially just two existing nano games made into one - it's not very original and would play out the same as both of those games. Then taking into account that there's already that Quick minigame where you have to jump onto the emerald blocks and hit other players off them, I don't think this game is worth adding. There are already three nano games that are reasonably similar to it so it would only be saturating the game pool with the same style of game.

Posted May 26, 2020
  5. agreed

Posted May 26, 2020
  6. Hey!

As stated above, I believe this would have an extremely low chance of being added to mixed arcade or nano because it’s basically a bunch of nano games mixed together. It would essentially be like color swap, but instead of having wool it would be ores and other blocks with pvp eventually enabled. So, this is a -1 for me.

Posted May 26, 2020
  7. This is basically like color swap in Nano.

Posted May 26, 2020
    BrookMarieXO likes this.
  8. This does seem like a cool game idea to be added but it could have many flaws this game requires a large variety of blocks which requires a large land surface. Playing this game with a lot of people could be fun. If you are spread out to start and PvP is enabled during this game it could cause some interesting fights. I think this game would be fun to add and I would defiantly try it out.

Posted May 26, 2020
  9. Thanks everyone for the constructive ideas and critiques!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 26, 2020
  10. Yo!

Though this is looks like a really fun game idea, it's already been made a few times in Nano games like others stated. Basically it's a bigger and more unique version of Color Swap from Nano. Also, is there a border on the map or is it just a vanilla survival world? If it's the second one, then there will be a lot of blocks used (that you would need to stand on) and I don't think it will be good for Mixed Arcade, or as a game in general. This isn't very original too, we need more games that are unique and fun to play/not repetitive like Speed Builders!

Posted May 26, 2020
  11. not at all

Posted May 27, 2020
  12. Hey! I like this idea. As others have said, it does remind me of the color swap game in Nano Games, however with a unique twist. By having to find/craft those blocks and place them underneath you, I actually like the concept that you came up with. I don't think it would be another Nano Game essentially, but definitely something to consider putting into Mixed Arcade in itself. Though this game isn't as unique as it needs to be implemented into the server, I think you can create more content to go with it, i.e. perhaps some mobs that you have to fight off while you're crafting the blocks? I think some more ideas that could be added to the original concept will improve it greatly. Overall, nice idea!

Posted May 28, 2020
  13. Hey! I also saw this video aswell, and my thoughts on it was great, I liked the video a lot, but the fact is this is like something from NANO Games, Like "Color Swap" or "Colour Swap" For some people, I think it's basically like that, So I don't think this should get added for now atleast.

Posted Jun 1, 2020