• 1546 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3630 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Draw My Thing Map

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by HubertandGabi, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Posted Mar 24, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 25, 2019
    powh and oeod like this.
  2. ahh the imgur album doesn't seem to be working DDD:

Posted Mar 24, 2019
  3. Same results ^

Posted Mar 24, 2019
  4. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 24, 2019
  5. Yo! From the first image that I can see on Imgur, I think that the map is really coming on! It's a nice and unique idea that you've got, especially for a DMT map which is awesome. I really like how the selectors look and how you have shaped the cave. Two things I would say is the area needs more light and also more colour. Maybe shards/rocks falling from the roof, or torches or something that is giant around the cave to give it that extra twist? Anyways, excellent work on this map, best of luck in continuing it and submitting it! :)​

Posted Mar 24, 2019
  6. Hey there!
    I really like what you've done building this! I would like to see a couple more shots of this map to see different angles. I hope to see more from you in the future!

Posted Mar 24, 2019
  7. I will make sure to add more angles tomorrow

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 24, 2019
    doeo likes this.
  8. Hiya! This map is coming together really well however, I do wish there was more pictures of the map so I could get a better idea of it! Keep up the amazing work!

xoxo, Tay

Posted Mar 24, 2019
  9. I really like it, and more angles would be great as Snowwii said. Could you show one as if you were a guessers or drawer looking at guessers?

Posted Mar 24, 2019
  10. Omg New OP DMT maps!
    I can agree with Oscaros in this point, I would suggest you to change the crystals from the diamond/emerald blocks to sea lanterns surrounded by glass in diffrent colors. Like that you can bring in more light and more color by adding for example red and other colors too! Gotta agree with that the selectors are really nice too!
    Great work, keep it up, I'm looking forward to see that map in DMT :)

Have a nice day,
    ~powh

Posted Mar 24, 2019
  11. I will take all of these ideas and most likely add them. Thanks for the feedback
    --- Post updated ---
    https://imgur.com/a/zQi1dXl new images

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 25, 2019
    oeod and powh like this.

12. Hey!

I absolutely love this DMT map, I especially love the design of the area surrounding the main observation area and the platforms. I love the use of glowstone, clay, stone bricks and fences.

Amazing map, hope it gets added. Can add some more images, would love to see what it's like as a drawer and as a guesser?

- Wifi​

Posted Mar 27, 2019
  13. I really like the idea of a cave-themed map and I think the stalactite crystal/gem things are a really nice touch. I would add some more depth to the back of the main platform, texture the stone surrounding the build, and maybe add some vines using leaf blocks on it while you're at it.

Posted Mar 27, 2019
  14. Yo!​
    Not going to lie, but this map looks great! It's unique because no other DMT map on Mineplex (in my experiences) has a map that looks any similar to this one. I really like how much effort you put into this. I like how you made the world dark so it makes that "cave" theme. I like the minerals peeking out as well to add with the theme. Since I'm a dmt fan, I hope this map is suggested to be added in the future! Keep up the good work!
    Cheers!​

Posted Mar 28, 2019
  15. Good start, I do really like the theme and the direction you've taken with it. There are some pretty obvious flaws I see with this map though. The main one being how flat and boring the surroundings are. You've made it completely out of stone with pops of colour from the crystals. Try adding more variation to the regular stone though, things like stripes of cyan clay and a gradient between different blocks are pretty common methods to break up stone. Aside from that, the general terrain looks very rough. Nothing really flows together or transitions well into each other. Spend some time hand smoothing your terrain and I'm sure it'll turn out great! Good luck. :)

Posted Mar 28, 2019
  16. Omga! Absolutely love the way this is going! Like @Snowwii stated, more angles would be nice.

Posted Mar 28, 2019
  17. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 28, 2019
    doeo likes this.