• 3204 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12395 Players Online
  • 9191 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New feature I though of for SG, lmk what you think

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by f1amie, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Hey SG community I've been playing SG for a long time now and the biggest thing I've noticed is that people complain A LOT when they get cleaned (Being cleaned is when you have a fight and you're low on hp and then someone kills you right after). So I propose a new feature where if you get a kill you get invincibility for say like 3 seconds, so you can't instantly die. Let me know what you guys think of the idea!

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  2. From my experience, I get cleaned after eliminating someone from the game. I wouldn’t mind if we had a few seconds of invincibility after you finish a fight in the game.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    UltimateAllycide likes this.
  3. Hey,

I've seen other servers use this idea for SG, and personally I think this could be a good addition for those that need to heal up, replace armour, or fix their hobars, since they get loot from the person they killed. Personally, I think the invincibility time could even go up by a couple of seconds since people need time to adjust their inventory, heal up, and etc. 3 seconds isn't really enough to heal someone up to sufficient HP most of the time, so I think the duration of invincibility could go up. I just wonder how people would take advantage of this, because I don't want this to be some sort of broken feature added to SG. Maybe when Supply drop happens, and someone kills another, when the chests drop, the player can get the chest with gurantee that they won't be attacked. That's probably the only way I'd see this to be broken, but it's really minor. Overall, I am in favor of this being implemented, this could easily reduce the problem of cleaning up in fights. Nice idea, can't wait to see feedback from others.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    ASkyHappy likes this.
  4. Hey!
    This is a super interesting idea. Like you, I've seen this complaint a number of times throughout my years on Minecraft, however I don't feel that this idea should be implemented. Personally, I feel that cleaning is a strategy. The idea of picking and choosing your fights depending on how many people are around, the idea of potentially leaving a player low but with better gear, but you must leave due to low health, I feel these are all essential parts of the strategies used in SG. I feel that giving players resistance upon kills could take a lot of these tactics and strategies out of the game. Perhaps, instead of adding invincibility, a kill could provide resistance 1. This way the player is still killable but not at so much of a disadvantage. Overall, it's an interesting idea, however I don't feel that it should be implemented; -1 from me.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    Wrappingz likes this.
  5. Hello!

I think this is a super creative idea that could work in Survival Games here; however, I do not think it would be best for the game. Firstly, this could be a game changer for the game itself because nothing like this is in Survival Games currently. As said above, "cleaning up" is a gameplay strategy that doesn't have to be done by everyone who notices a fight. Players have the choice to keep minding their own business, but they also have the chance to intervene between the fight, or, as you described, to clean up. This makes the player, who just won the fight, have to think fast and decide what to do in every situation. They could have a good amount of health, and choose to fight back the player coming up on them. They might not be in the best place health and hunger wise, so they might decide to run away from them. In my honest opinion, this builds suspense to the game, and makes players use a strategy they think is best fight in every scenario. Something that could help this situation, but still something that would not over power the player who just killed someone could be getting a few hearts back. The only thing I could see happening would be every time someone is killed; the player, who won the fight, could get something like 1.5-2.5 hearts back after their fight. This could help the player if someone was starting to head towards them to fight because they would gain some hearts back to be able to have a more of a fair chance to fight back. Anyways, I hope my opinion and modification could help! Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    Looof and Wrappingz like this.
  6. This isn't necessary, cleaning up is a strategy and part of the game. I know it's frustrating to get cleaned up, but instead of wanting it removed, try looking into ways to prevent getting cleaned up. Such as:

- Keep your inventory empty. Throw out spare armour/weapons and only keep what you need. This will make it so that when you've killed someone, instead of having to sort through all their items on the spot, you'll be able to pick up all or at least most of their stuff. Then you can get to a safer location to see what you got.

- If you do have to sort through stuff on the spot, take a break every 5 seconds or so to have a quick look around and make sure no one is trying to sneak up on you.

This would also just be OP, especially in something like death match, if the arena is small and there's only 3 people left, as soon as one person gets a kill then they've got 3 seconds where there's literally nothing the other player can do. 3 seconds isn't long, but it can still be a game changer with something like this.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  7. This seems like it could be problematic. If you were to get the 3 seconds of invincibility, I think you shouldn't be able to attack while you had this effect; furthermore, I think you should only be able to get this effect after the initial speed and health boost has worn off and not just for you but for everyone in the game!

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    orilly likes this.
  8. Hey! I can definitely see where you're coming from with this idea. I totally get that it can be frustrated to get cleaned, and I have experience with this too. But as others have pointed out, it's sort of a strategy of the game. For example, waiting for two people to fight it out and then jump in to kill the person remaining.

Touching on this: if this idea were to be implemented, I don't think 3 seconds is enough time. Personally, three seconds wouldn't be enough time for me to fix my hotbar/inventory; it definitely wouldn't be enough time to regenerate health, even with a potion. In my opinion, it's more effective to simply run away.

Overall, I think it's an interesting idea, but I feel that it would take away from the nature of survival games. SG is supposed to be crude and unforgiving (just like the movies). However, I think with a little more development and tweaking, this could be a good idea that a lot of players would enjoy. For now, it's a -1 from me. Thanks for your suggestion; I look forward to seeing more from you!

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  9. Hey!
    I understand where you're coming from with the cleaning up issue. It's frustrating to be cleaned up, really, really frustrating... So I completely understand, however, I don't see how this could be implemented. First, in the past, I do remember this idea being discussed but it never came to be, and there are just a few issues that may need to be solved; the biggest being, can the player with the invincibility attack others? For example; if there's a group of people fighting and someone gets a kill, that would grant them invincibility, and the other guy or two fighting them don't stand a chance, and then they're the next to go. It could easily be solved by not allowing the player to attack, but how difficult would that be? And in the end, is it even worth it? As almost everyone else mentioned, while it may be annoying, cleaning up is a style and gameplay strategy, and you cant simply remove that strategy entirely due to it being frustrating. Even if I were to be in favour of this idea, as Chrissy mentioned, 3 seconds is barely enough to do much of anything. You kill someone and have 3 seconds to regenerate 2 hearts and then someone finishes you off anyways. Sure it would give you a few seconds to eat stew or to run away, but I simply don't think 3 seconds is much of anything for anyone.
    However, in the end, I'm not in favour of this, as I could see it sparking some major issues in the game, and potentially starting a ripple effect that could make the game worse, and be way more for the developers to handle than they initially thought they were getting into.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    ASkyHappy likes this.
  10. As a borderline obsessive SG player, there's nothing I hate more than being cleaned after taking out someone. Despite that, I just don't feel that any sort of invincibility period would work. It could very much be abused, especially in Team SG. However, I'd like to propose that instead, you get 10 seconds of the same effect you get at the beginning of every round - speed, until you attack someone. That should enable you to get away if someone's coming to 'cleanup'.

That's just my two cents.

Great thread!

Posted Apr 28, 2020

11. I think that would be very over powered. If you were in a fight with more than one person (say, a team) then they wouldn’t be able to kill you, making it very unfair.

Posted Apr 28, 2020
    StrangerThlngs likes this.
  12. Just put some o' that good ol' elbow grease in and you'll be sure to win the fight!

Posted Apr 28, 2020
  13. I could see maybe something like a small bit of regen so you dont get punished for going aggressive, but invulnerability is kinda absurd.

Either someone can wait 3 seconds, or you can end up cleaning during a fight and then getting a free kill. The idea causes more problems than it solves.

Also, ultimately, you can just avoid getting cleaned. Use f5 before / after / during spare moments of the fight. If someone is nearby, get ready to run and soup / regen

Posted Apr 29, 2020
  14. It's Survival Games. I don't think this will be good at all. Cleaning is part of the fun and hate of the game. Yeah, it sucks, but what can you do? Either the player should have been more careful and mindful or just have been unlucky. Lots of people complain about SG being luck-based, and well, it is true to an extent, but that is the fun of it. I have gotten cleaned many times, and I have cleaned people countless times. It's Survival Games. Survive.

Posted Apr 29, 2020
  15. I think that it would be better if you received healing effect after each slayed player.

Posted Apr 29, 2020
  16. Cleaning up is annoying but it’s a good strategy. I get mad when people clean me but I clean people too, so I’d be a hypocrite to complain about it. Cleanups are why you actually have to be careful when taking a fight and not just blindly run at every player you see.

Posted Apr 29, 2020
  17. I'd say invinsibility is a good idea because this would also help fighting people that cross-team. It would allow you to not take damage after killing one of them, and in general give you a better change to win the game. I think this would be great (I've seen it done on other servers as well).

Posted Apr 29, 2020
  18. As a SG player myself, I have experienced getting cleaned and I know how frustrating it is especially when you’ve just won a close, intense fight.

However I think invincibility won’t do the trick. First of all, invincibility is too overpowered. Not getting hit at all is not the right way to come about this issue.

Cleaning up is a strategy that almost all players use when they want the easy kills/wins and completely eliminating this won’t be fun at all.

However there are other solutions to this problem, such as being affected with damage resistance for 3 seconds after killing or receiving regen after killing someone. However I wouldn’t agree with invincibility being used as a solution to this problem.

Getting cleaned up isn’t fun, but cleaning up other fights a load of fun, right?

Posted Apr 29, 2020
  19. That seems like a great idea. I know they have perks like that on other servers. I feel like that would be a good way to prevent people being cleaned right after a fight. Maybe there could be a way to customize what you get after you kill someone. I.e., Resistance, Regen, Speed. I also like the idea of giving the players the same effect you get at the start of the game.

Posted May 21, 2020
  20. Like many have said, I believe that it's a great idea, however, I think that giving invincibility is not the way to go about this. By giving invincibility, you often give way too little time, and essentially nullify the point of it, while giving it for too long, makes all later fights easy to win. Even something like one second can be crucial in a fight with more than one player, so invincibility probably isn't the way to do it. That being said, what could be a solution? Like ddgolfer04 said above, I agree that healing some hearts may be a better approach, since this incentivizes people to take fights they otherwise wouldn't due to losing a lot of health for it. Also, this wouldn't make it so that killing someone automatically wins you future fights like invincibility would in a way.

Posted May 25, 2020 at 9:20 AM