• 1181 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3265 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Game Idea - "Gliders"

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by AtomikTheory, Mar 25, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see this game?

1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So, Gliders is a pretty straight forward game: 8 people line up on a platform and jump off, and must use elytra to glide through a tunnel without touching any blocks, water, or lava. If you crash, you are sent back to the lobby. The first three to finish get prizes such as XP or gems, with 1st place earning more than 2nd, and 2nd earning more than 3rd. If you'd like an example of how the game would work, check this video here, and skip to about 13:55.

(The only thing I want you to think of when watching that video is game mechanics and how tunnels would look)

I didn't feel the need to add that much detail since the idea is basic and not really complicated, but if you have any questions or want to add on to my idea feel free to do so. Feedback is appreciated!

Posted Mar 25, 2019
    Dy1anBy1an likes this.
  2. Seeing as this game idea involves Elytra, that means that it would have to be a 1.9+ game. If you don't know, Mineplex supports 1.8 and that's the version that most people [that I've come across at least] play on. Therefore, if the idea is considered, I assume it wouldn't have the playerbase to keep it a lasting game and that's what I think is ultimately being looked for when considering new ideas along with other factors such as enjoyment, etc. The same issue happened with an old Mineplex game, Skyfall, in which it was removed due to a lack of player base and inaccessibility because of the incompatibility with 1.8 since a player relies on an Elytra in the game.

If this were to be taken into consideration, there's a few questions I do have though. Taking notes from the video provided, would the game have a resource pack that a player has to accept in order to play? Because if so, that could also be an issue seeing as users typically tend to stray away from games that have rp's such as DMT and MS due to lag. Also, would the map be continuous, not allowing for stops or would it have certain breaks to regain 'air' like it did in the video? I feel as if you relied on the video to fully describe the game you envisioned, but I feel as if there should be more elaboration.

Posted Mar 25, 2019
  3. The game sounds fun, however this may fail for the same reason Skyfall did, at least on Java Edition.
    Skyfall, in case you didn’t know, was introduced a few months after Elytras were released. The game was successful at first, but soon the game lost popularity due to being 1.9+ and 1.9 not being well recieved. In the 2018 lobby update, Skyfall was made a MPS only game. But Skyfall is still successful on Bedrock Edition, and one of its most popular minigames. So, in conlusion, I believe the game would work well on Bedrock, but not on Java Edition. I think it could be really fun.

Posted Mar 25, 2019
    WatchingMorgz likes this.
  4. This game seems very similar to Gravity which is one of my favourite game modes on other servers. Gliders covers that same concept of not touching any substances and could be put in a retro server to see if it is popular enough to be its very own game. The only problem would be that elytras are 1.9+ content and Mineplex only supports up to 1.8. I do see this game making some noise on Bedrock however (if that is where you want that to go).

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Mar 25, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  5. Thank you for responding to my post. To answer your first question, no specific resource pack would be required to play this game mode. To answer your second question, I imagined the racing maps to be the length of one stop to another stop in that video. Nothing too long, just a simple, fast paced elytra race.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 26, 2019
  6. Idea already exists.

Posted Mar 26, 2019
  7. Really? Could you link me, please?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 26, 2019
  8. Yeah 'bout this idea, I don't agree:
    Here are the details to dive into:
    1) Like SkarmMines stated, it would have to be 1.9+ and mineplex really supports 1.8 and also a lot of players play 1.8+ and so on.
    2) It is a bit like skyfall with the elytra idea thing.
    So umm (no offense) but a
    -1 from me.
    Thanks,
    ~DuvL_

Posted Mar 26, 2019